Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Specs

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Specs

anyone see in person and comparison to the s7edge in size, and if notifications methods are different as in back sides or led

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Specs: UHS-I or UHS-II microsd card slot "bus" type?

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]S8+: is there a way to find out if this phone has a MicroSD card slot that uses UHS-I or UHS-II "bus"? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]UHS-I = single row of contacts (slower max speed); UHS-II = two rows of contacts (faster max speed)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Kindly please note that this is NOT the UHS3 (the number 3 inside a letter U). this UHS-I or UHS-II has to do with the "bus" that is reading the micro sd card and also the micro sd card itself: the UHS-I cards have only one row of contacts, while the UHS-II cards have two rows for much higher read/write speeds.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]No where was i able to find this information!

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Specs

The Note 8 MAY see the Stereo Speakers... I can't remember where but I read it, but in one of the rumor/review thingies - we'll have to wait and see! :cool:

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Specs: UHS-I or UHS-II microsd card slot "bus" type?

read here down article here..............https://www.sammobile.com/2017/03/2...tos-despite-the-same-12-mp-camera-as-the-s7s/

quote On the Galaxy S8, the entire procedure will likely be faster, both because of the new 10 nm Exynos/Snapdragon processors and the UFS 2.1 storage on the S8 and S8+.

@noobfornow:

thanks for your reply.

however, kindly please note that you're conflating UFS with UHS bus speed.

UFS is a NEW type of card that Samsung introduced but not yet available for sale in the marketplace. Essentially, it is a replacement to Micro SD.

UHS-I or UHS-II "bus speed" has to do with the number of contacts and number of rows of contacts that a Micro SD card has.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Does anybody know about the DAC on the Snapdragon 835? Will this be better than the Snapdragon 820's that are in the S7? The sound was not very good on that phone and did not get very loud at all. I am hoping they fix this...

JerseyBiker

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

The specs doesnt look like its updated, but you gotta admit the S8 looks dope!

These aren’t updates?
Display: 5.8-inch AMOLED, 2960x1440, Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Storage: 64GB, Front Camera: 8MP f/1.7 auto focus, USB-C, Iris scanner.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Specs

does it have stereo speakers?

I have been trying to find about this. I read in an article that it was going to use the ear speaker as a second speaker for stereo sound (like the iP7) and I thought that would be great but I have not been able to verify it. When I was using the Best Buy models, the sound was only coming out from the bottom speaker in the demos.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I think a video of a pre-production S8 Plus got 6 hours SOT?

If the official reviews can back up that number consistently and the smaller S8 can get 5 hours SOT (taking into account the 16% smaller battery and not factoring smaller screen to be safe), then the phones a winner IMO even though it's still less than last years S7 Edge. If it gets 4 for the S8... meh.

I think the G6 youtubers have said about 3.5 hours SOT which I'll say meh too. But if the S8 doesn't do better than it's worse imo because they did so well with the S7 Edge last year and imo I think a phone manufacturer's new phone should best the previous in all cats including battery.

I agree. IMO the battery is one of the biggest things that will make or break the success of this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888