Does the unlocked version work with Wifi calling T-Mobile?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just saw there is an unlocked version coming out at release and I was wondering has anyone heard if it will work with Tmobile wifi calling? If so I will get this phone.

I bought the unlocked v20 and it didn't so it's something I need to know before ordering.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Does the unlocked version work with Wifi calling Tmobile?

The US unlocked s7 does. So I would assume the 8 will also.

I sure hope so. I will either order it from Amazon or Best Buy then. You can buy US unlocked phones directly from Amazon too. I did that with the V20,

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

When is the S8 unlocked version supposed to be available in the US? I didn't see any official mention...?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

When is the S8 unlocked version supposed to be available in the US? I didn't see any official mention...?

When the phones go on sale. Best Buy already has it up on the website to order and the price of it but can't order until tomorrow. Target is supposed to have it too for ordering.

I'm hoping Amazon sells it soon too. I'd rather buy it from them since I'm a prime member and free shipping and easier returns process.

It would be $45 cheaper than buying it at Tmobile due to the service fee to order it and it's 25 bucks more for the phone and I hate tmobile return process.

Only downside is complaints unlocked phones don't get updates quickly from samsung.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

When the phones go on sale. Best Buy already has it up on the website to order and the price of it but can't order until tomorrow. Target is supposed to have it too for ordering.

I'm hoping Amazon sells it soon too. I'd rather buy it from them since I'm a prime member and free shipping and easier returns process.

It would be $45 cheaper than buying it at Tmobile due to the service fee to order it and it's 25 bucks more for the phone and I hate tmobile return process.

Only downside is complaints unlocked phones don't get updates quickly from samsung.
Any idea what colors the unlocked version will be? Last year I believe it was only one color. I really want that purple unlocked if I can get it

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Actually it looks like they (BB) won't be selling the unlocked version until May 9th according to multiple outlets

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Actually it looks like they (BB) won't be selling the unlocked version until May 9th according to multiple outlets

Hmm, might be onto something. I went on the website earlier this afternoon and it did indeed give you the option to selected the unlocked version to pre order but now that is gone. Could be a supply issue or something.

The samsung website doesn't give any pre order options for the S8 yet, just a teaser page. Will have to see if they will sell the unlocked version for pre order tomorrow.

I will say based on forum users on here and the Note 7 recall that they're a nightmare to deal with since they use a 3rd party distributor so I'd caution ordering from the samsung website.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995