I have a Galaxy S8 in my hands — AMA!

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Did you see any stutters or frame drops?( on my S7 Edge they were most noticeable in Google Chrome when pressing the toggle to see all opened tabs for ex.). The only thing i'm concerned about is that they added too many features and even with SD 835 and Exynos 8895 still will not be enough for a near stock fluid experience. Thanks

Last edited:

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Can you set the Bixby button to do something more useful?

How does headphone output compare to the HTC 10 or LG V20 (whichever you have access to)?

Daniel Bader

Managing Editor, Android Central
Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Is the 12MP Camera better than the sony 23MP ones in other phones?

Yes, absolutely. The phone uses two sensors depending on the model, one from Samsung and one from Sony, and they're pretty similar. What Samsung knows how to do better than Sony is image processing.

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Can you try mirroring the screen to a Chromecast? Are there black bars on the top and bottom of your TV when the S8 is in landscape orientation? If so, is there any setting on the phone that allows you to adjust the displayed area on the S8 to a standard 16:9 ratio?

You can force apps to readjust to fit the 18.5:9 screen. I haven't tested it with Chromecast (won't be able to until next week) but so far I don't see it being an issue.

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Did you see any stutters or frame drops?( on my S7 Edge they were most noticeable in Google Chrome when pressing the toggle to see all opened tabs for ex.). The only thing i'm concerned about is that they added too many features and even with SD 835 and Exynos 8895 still will not be enough for a near stock fluid experience. Thanks

So far, so fluid. Will have to test more thoroughly during the review period. Remember, this is pre-production hardware and software.

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
In your use so far, how is the phone handling heat? Is it getting warm with moderate use?

I have the Snapdragon version (the one that will be available in the U.S. and Canada) and haven't noticed any heat during use, even during gaming, but it does get a bit hot during charging. Nothing to worry about, though — standard stuff.

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I'd love to do my S7e naked, but it's way too slippery and I assume this will be the same. Moto used to do a good job with their phones making them so they didn't seem like china.

Yeah, it's a bit slippery I'll be honest. I don't want to have to put it in a case, but I think I will during winter when I use gloves and things are a bit more slippery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza