04-07-2017 12:40 PM
73 123
tools
    It's actually more than 130 when you figure in another 55-60 bucks in taxes up front. They add them in when you pre order as well.
    03-30-2017 07:22 PM
    It's actually more than 130 when you figure in another 55-60 bucks in taxes up front. They add them in when you pre order as well.
    The nice thing about JOD-no taxes up front.
    03-30-2017 08:04 PM
    I couldn't take it anymore so I caved in and pre-ordered the S8. Even thought the plus was roughly the same size as my iPhone 7 plus. I like the size of my S7 edge better. It's more manageable IMO.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-31-2017 12:37 AM
    Lol. Same here and I wasnt even going to get the phone in the first place. I preordered at 5:30 a.m. through Tmobiles chat window yesterday a.m.
    03-31-2017 04:16 AM
    Pre-order for me. I like getting phones a few days earlier with T-Mobile.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-31-2017 07:16 AM
    i was also not wanting to pay $130 for JoD, so I was thinking about getting the S8 regular.

but after seeing the S8+ at Best Buy, i cannot imagine not getting it
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-31-2017 01:34 PM
    Pre-order for me. I like getting phones a few days earlier with T-Mobile.
    If it's like the Note 7 you will get it either one day before release day or on release day. Samsung got tired of them sending phones out so early apparently and put a stop to it.
    zamboni52 likes this.
    03-31-2017 04:39 PM
    i was also not wanting to pay $130 for JoD, so I was thinking about getting the S8 regular.

Same here. I will be going to sams later next week so hopefully the S8 Plus is there so I can see it in person for the first time! But I want it NOW! I hope the Samsung rumors are right and they ship a week early.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-31-2017 04:40 PM
    After the Note 7 debacle, I will never pre-order again. I will wait a month or so before I get a new phone for now on. For now, I'm waiting for the Note 8.
    03-31-2017 04:55 PM
    I spent half the day today worrying about if I wanted to spend $130 to do JOD with the S8+. I kept thinking, I am going to get the Note 8 in a few months,why spend an extra $130. I could get the smaller device and "settle" on the S8 until the Note comes out.

Tonight went to dinner with my 2 sons and spent $75 after desserts and tip.

So although I would rather not pay $130, getting the smaller device and saving money is not worth wishing I had the S8+ for four to five months. Especially when I am going to use that device multiple hours per day, and it is basically 2 weekends of dinner difference

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2017 08:23 PM
    I spent half the day today worrying about if I wanted to spend $130 to do JOD with the S8+. I kept thinking, I am going to get the Note 8 in a few months,why spend an extra $130. I could get the smaller device and "settle" on the S8 until the Note comes out.

So although I would rather not pay $130, getting the smaller device and saving money is not worth wishing I had the S8+ for four to five months. Especially when I am going to use that device multiple hours per day, and it is basically 2 weekends of dinner difference

Must be nice to go and eat out nicely once a week! I might keep this device until the Note 9 comes out and skip the S9. Reason being I don't think the S9 will be a radical difference from the S8. Sorta like the iPhone 6 and 6s. I just don't see a big difference next year.
    03-31-2017 10:20 PM
    Must be nice to go and eat out nicely once a week! I might keep this device until the Note 9 comes out and skip the S9. Reason being I don't think the S9 will be a radical difference from the S8. Sorta like the iPhone 6 and 6s. I just don't see a big difference next year.
    Well I don't necessarily spend $75 on dinner once a week. But I know I will waste more than $130 on stupid things in no time
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-01-2017 09:22 AM
    No preorder here. I'm not dropping $130 on the S8 which Tmpbile requires down, when I only paid half that down on Note 7. Also, I had zero down on S7Edge
    I pre ordered my note 7 and got it either on or before release day
    04-01-2017 02:28 PM
    As I recall last year I went to a Verizon store and got my n7 on launch day while the people that pre ordered had to wait a few more days for shipping, is this common? Or do pre orders get their phones quicker?
    I pre ordered the note 7 from Verizon and got it 2 days early. I recall seeing the dates change the closer to launch date. They may have run out online. Benefit of pre ordering is the special offers and a guaranteed phone. The earlier you pre order, the better
    04-02-2017 02:00 AM

Exactly the same thought here. Now I'm waiting for T mobile to fix some system error so I can preorder the bigger one. Cancelled my smaller s8 preorder
    04-02-2017 05:48 AM

Lol same here. We have 3 older kids and eating out is a $$. I eat out for lunch at work often and starbucks, so I can make a few small changes there to warrant this s8 Plus
    04-02-2017 05:50 AM
    Lol same here. We have 3 older kids and eating out is a $$. I eat out for lunch at work often and starbucks, so I can make a few small changes there to warrant this s8 Plus
    Yup, the next day after the $75 dinner I took my son to get some lunch and it was $21.

So in less than 24 hours I was down $96 for a couple of steaks, chicken kabobs, and chicken tenders

I would rather have the plus

I used to spend a lot on lunches at work, but luckily my current job is 3 minutes from my house, so I save a bunch of money by going home for lunch every day
    04-02-2017 07:26 AM
    I think most people considering this $850 phone can easily find a way to cut expenses for a few weeks or in Mike-Mike case, 2 meals lol

I still don't agree with down payment on JoD and I'll continue to voice my displeasure with them about it but after my GF claimed my S8 pre-order, I relented.

Although, I did get some of my pre-order back. For some reason my main CC that I use for everything to get airline points wasn't working in their system. I was on the phone with the rep for 25 minutes as we kept verifying the info, trying the card, etc. He finally asked if I had another card and I said sure, I have plenty, but this is my primary card for points. He said he understood and if we had to use another card he would give me a $50 account credit for my time and trouble. We switched to the other card and it went thru the first time and he credited my account $50.

I guess in the end the pre-order will only cost me $90 net after taxes. Slightly better than a kick in the face.

I haven't called my CC company yet but I'm guessing they blocked the charges because the first time they ran the card he entered the wrong security code. That probably prevented all other attempts.
    04-02-2017 09:04 AM
    The nice thing about JOD-no taxes up front.
    I have T-Mobile with Jump On Demand and I was charged tax for the S8+ but I ordered over the phone because I have Jump On Demand so I can only order over the phone or at a corporate store.

Breakdown:

S8 Plus: $130

Upgrade Support Charges: $20

Taxes and fee: $12.23

Total price: $162.23

I will fight for a refund once I get the phone for the upgrade and taxes charges. I can see this breakdown when I log into T-Mobile, select my order status and select more details.
    04-02-2017 09:35 AM
    I have T-Mobile with Jump On Demand and I was charged tax for the S8+ but I ordered over the phone because I have Jump On Demand so I can only order over the phone or at a corporate store.

Breakdown:

S8 Plus: $130

Upgrade Support Charges: $20

Taxes and fee: $12.23

Total price: $162.23

I will fight for a refund once I get the phone for the upgrade and taxes charges. I can see this breakdown when I log into T-Mobile, select my order status and select more details.
    You should not be charged the $20 support fee. However you will pay the taxes on the $130 down payment. That's sales tax and required.
    04-02-2017 09:41 AM
    Yup, the next day after the $75 dinner I took my son to get some lunch and it was $21.

So in less than 24 hours I was down $96 for a couple of steaks, chicken kabobs, and chicken tenders

I would rather have the plus

I used to spend a lot on lunches at work, but luckily my current job is 3 minutes from my house, so I save a bunch of money by going home for lunch every day
    Well that is awesome my job is 47 miles from my house lol
    04-02-2017 09:44 AM
    You should not be charged the $20 support fee. However you will pay the taxes on the $130 down payment. That's sales tax and required.
    That makes sense about the taxes but yeah screw the upgrade support fee!

I'm extremely surprised that T-Mobile STILL doesn't allow Jump On Demand customers to do an upgrade online like Jump customers. The Jump On Demand program is going on almost 2-years old now...
    04-02-2017 09:59 AM
    Is the sales charge on the down-payment ($130) only for JOD customers? I ask only because I purchased my V20 about 3 and half weeks ago when it was $360 and I had to pay tax on the whole purchase ($31.95 @ 8.875%). The S8+ would be twice as much if I wanted to get it.
    04-02-2017 10:00 AM
    That makes sense about the taxes but yeah screw the upgrade support fee!

I'm extremely surprised that T-Mobile STILL doesn't allow Jump On Demand customers to do an upgrade online like Jump customers. The Jump On Demand program is going on almost 2-years old now...
    I did a JOD on the t mobile chat window, sort of online. There's a technical issue but they're working to resolve that hopefully today
    04-02-2017 10:00 AM
    I did a JOD on the t mobile chat window, sort of online. There's a technical issue but they're working to resolve that hopefully today
    I just have to return my 7edge (the jumped from) in store within 14 days from receipt of the s8 plus
    04-02-2017 10:06 AM
73 123