pre order or not?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I decided just to completely wait and just get the Note 8. That way when I get it it is really new coming from my G6. Plus that will leave me with a extra JOD to use down the road.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I ended up preordering the S8. With JOD it's 0 down for me do I figured why not. Not thrilled with the S7Edge and I so have a V20 I'll be getting today. Between the V20 and the S8 I've got a great backup phone either way

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well I decided just to completely wait and just get the Note 8. That way when I get it it is really new coming from my G6. Plus that will leave me with a extra JOD to use down the road.
I'm going to Jump again to the Note 8 likely too, as long as it's wider than the S8Plus/S7Edge. That detail should be expected what, around August?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I ended up preordering the S8. With JOD it's 0 down for me do I figured why not. Not thrilled with the S7Edge and I so have a V20 I'll be getting today. Between the V20 and the S8 I've got a great backup phone either way
I may go this route as well if they don't lessen their stance on the $130 down payment. It's not worth $130 for 4/10" more screen.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It's actually more than 130 when you figure in another 55-60 bucks in taxes up front. They add them in when you pre order as well.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't take it anymore so I caved in and pre-ordered the S8. Even thought the plus was roughly the same size as my iPhone 7 plus. I like the size of my S7 edge better. It's more manageable IMO.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Lol. Same here and I wasnt even going to get the phone in the first place. I preordered at 5:30 a.m. through Tmobiles chat window yesterday a.m.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i was also not wanting to pay $130 for JoD, so I was thinking about getting the S8 regular.

but after seeing the S8+ at Best Buy, i cannot imagine not getting it

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Pre-order for me. I like getting phones a few days earlier with T-Mobile.

If it's like the Note 7 you will get it either one day before release day or on release day. Samsung got tired of them sending phones out so early apparently and put a stop to it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
i was also not wanting to pay $130 for JoD, so I was thinking about getting the S8 regular.

Same here. I will be going to sams later next week so hopefully the S8 Plus is there so I can see it in person for the first time! But I want it NOW! I hope the Samsung rumors are right and they ship a week early.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After the Note 7 debacle, I will never pre-order again. I will wait a month or so before I get a new phone for now on. For now, I'm waiting for the Note 8.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I spent half the day today worrying about if I wanted to spend $130 to do JOD with the S8+. I kept thinking, I am going to get the Note 8 in a few months,why spend an extra $130. I could get the smaller device and "settle" on the S8 until the Note comes out.

Tonight went to dinner with my 2 sons and spent $75 after desserts and tip.

So although I would rather not pay $130, getting the smaller device and saving money is not worth wishing I had the S8+ for four to five months. Especially when I am going to use that device multiple hours per day, and it is basically 2 weekends of dinner difference

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I spent half the day today worrying about if I wanted to spend $130 to do JOD with the S8+. I kept thinking, I am going to get the Note 8 in a few months,why spend an extra $130. I could get the smaller device and "settle" on the S8 until the Note comes out.

Tonight went to dinner with my 2 sons and spent $75 after desserts and tip.

So although I would rather not pay $130, getting the smaller device and saving money is not worth wishing I had the S8+ for four to five months. Especially when I am going to use that device multiple hours per day, and it is basically 2 weekends of dinner difference

Posted via the Android Central App

Must be nice to go and eat out nicely once a week! I might keep this device until the Note 9 comes out and skip the S9. Reason being I don't think the S9 will be a radical difference from the S8. Sorta like the iPhone 6 and 6s. I just don't see a big difference next year.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Must be nice to go and eat out nicely once a week! I might keep this device until the Note 9 comes out and skip the S9. Reason being I don't think the S9 will be a radical difference from the S8. Sorta like the iPhone 6 and 6s. I just don't see a big difference next year.

Well I don't necessarily spend $75 on dinner once a week. But I know I will waste more than $130 on stupid things in no time

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No preorder here. I'm not dropping $130 on the S8 which Tmpbile requires down, when I only paid half that down on Note 7. Also, I had zero down on S7Edge

I pre ordered my note 7 and got it either on or before release day

Allure2323

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
As I recall last year I went to a Verizon store and got my n7 on launch day while the people that pre ordered had to wait a few more days for shipping, is this common? Or do pre orders get their phones quicker?

I pre ordered the note 7 from Verizon and got it 2 days early. I recall seeing the dates change the closer to launch date. They may have run out online. Benefit of pre ordering is the special offers and a guaranteed phone. The earlier you pre order, the better

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Exactly the same thought here. Now I'm waiting for T mobile to fix some system error so I can preorder the bigger one. Cancelled my smaller s8 preorder