Sprint S8 / S8+ pre-order discussion.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Starting a thread for my fellow sprint users preordering the s8 plus. I plan to order the black one as soon as sprint will let me.

Hoping for a better experience than I had with the note 7. Happy to get back to Samsung after a short stint with the v20. Don't get me wrong the v20 is a solid device, but I miss my Samsung's.

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint S8+ pre-order discussion.

Pre ordered a black one from Sprint this morning. Their website says it'll ship by 4/17. Hopefully that's true

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I ordered the black one at around 1 am. I saw that shipping date as well, but in my confirmation email it said 4-21 so I guess we'll see.

Now it's time to figure out cases. Has anyone ordered the OtterBox defender? I'm glad to see it's actually available unlike for the note 7 where it became available right before the recalls hit. I had the Supcase Unicorn Beetle pro, which wasn't bad just a little thinner than I want for work. The price is right, at $15 though.

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Just read that email, mine says 4/21 as well.
I think I'll go with a case that has a kickstand for a change. Was looking at the spigen Ultra Hybrid S

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I Pre ordered the sprint version from Samsung.com confirmation emails says the 20th. I went with the new grey color I have way to many black phones

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Just read that email, mine says 4/21 as well.
I think I'll go with a case that has a kickstand for a change. Was looking at the spigen Ultra Hybrid S
Not sure if you've owned any Spigen cases before, but they are great quality and look good too.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Pre-ordered with Sprint and just ordered the Spigen Ultra Hybrid S (the one with the kickstand).
Will probably order a Seidio Surface case and holster as well.
Wonder if the Spigen will fit the Seidio holster?

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I Pre-ordered from samsung with the immersive bundle. Silver , I will return the Pixel Xl today

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Not sure if you've owned any Spigen cases before, but they are great quality and look good too.

Yep, had one on the Note 7. Loved it. Before then I always had an Otterbox on my phones but it just seemed so bulky on the Note 7. That would have been a waste of $$.

Sprint made me pay the $10 shipping charge as well.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a S8 for the wife and a S8 plus for me. Had to pay 10.86 for shipping and taxes. Had the Note 2, Note 4, and using the Note 5 the past year.

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Ordered a silver S8 Plus on the 1st. Hoping I see it in time to grab the $99 deal on the headsets and SD card.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I like how the Sprint pre-order thread is low-key and light whereas the T-Mobile one and others are full of complaints and bellyaching. :)
Hope to have mine 2 weeks from today. Give or take.

Mav. :cool:

P.S. I love the Otterbox Symmetry series but $50?? Yikes!!

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Their galaxy forever deal got me. Can get the newest one every year. Going to miss the Note series though.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Ordered first hour and I got the black s8 plus. Can't wait. I've been refreshing the page everyday . It does say 21 of April for me.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

I pre-ordered on Sprint last night. I have one in a BestBuy too. I am not a 2 pre-order kind of guy but I was on Sprints site last night and they put two phones on an unlimited data plan for $80/mo. I don't see this plan available anywhere else. Does anyone know what this is? I see no lower than $90 and that is for new customers...

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I pre-ordered on Sprint last night. I have one in a BestBuy too. I am not a 2 pre-order kind of guy but I was on Sprints site last night and they put two phones on an unlimited data plan for $80/mo. I don't see this plan available anywhere else. Does anyone know what this is? I see no lower than $90 and that is for new customers...

Sounds like they did an Unlimited Everything plan ($60 for the first line, $40 for the second), then applied a $10 loyalty credit per line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae