Sprint S8 / S8+ pre-order discussion.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
so I checked my Sprint account today, it shows I leased an S8 that started on April 13th, lol ship my damn phone if youre saying Im leasing it already

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can we get a current or former UPS employee to explain how their shipping process works? I see a lot of misconceptions in this thread.

A tracking number (I just checked, received mine) only means the label has been created. Most likely, the phones are on a pallet in a warehouse at the point of entry (maybe California?). They'll probably start breaking down the pallets and labeling phones tomorrow morning.

Also, they're not going to ship directly to people from the warehouse. UPS will most likely ship (I wish by plane, but most likely by truck) to their regional facilities, which forward to the local UPS office, who will then pre-load the delivery trucks in the morning before the driver makes the final delivery. Some regional offices are also local offices for their particular area, so some people will receive their phones earlier than someone who may be a few miles away.

Based on the above, I think that a lucky few will get their phones on Tuesday and Wednesday, and a slew of folks will get theirs on Thursday.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I have never been affiliated with UPS, but we all opted in and paid for next day air service. It is absolutely next day delivery barring some unlikely circumstance/delay. The question is when will UPS actually get the devices?

Sprint has sent emails that very clearly say "your order has shipped". Fine print = " Pre-orders may take 24-48 hours to track shipment progress on the shipping carrier website" Figure worst case Easter adds another 24 hours.

I would say it is possible tracking starts showing "out for delivery" tomorrow, likely Tuesday, almost surely Wednesday. Past Wednesday Sprints system is misleading.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I didn't opt for it they made me pay $10 for next day delivery. There was no option, so if ups gets it tomorrow we should get it Tuesday or expect a refund.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember my order saying next day air shipping (although I was charged $10). If so, most likely the phones leave whatever warehouse they're in on Monday morning (usually around 6-7 am ET, from what I recall from previous orders). At least for me, that makes Wednesday likely (I hope).

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Someone on xda is saying their tracking number assigned yesterday from sprint has turned into a tomorrow delivery date. Fingers crossed that happens for all of us!

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Tomorrow late morning will very telling for each of us.
I assume that they will ship from Kansas City (or thereabouts) so it will depend on your location relative to that point.
I council patience, my young Padawans.

Mav. :cool:

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I checked my order status earlier in the day on Sunday. I was suprised to see a tracking number attached but nothing is in the UPS system. I'll pray it comes on Monday or Tuesday. It's finally here fellas. Enjoy your phones once you get them. Let's pray these dont catch on fire. Lol cheers!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon