Sprint S8 / S8+ pre-order discussion.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
100$ cheaper at BB is not worth 2 days early to me.

It is $70, as BB you are paying $30 to activate. $20 for the non +. Best Buy does not have a perfect track record on high profile launches and Sprint offers other loyalty perks at times that BB cant.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure if I should take Wednesday or Thursday off from work to play with my soon to arrive Black GS8 Plus.
Hope the tracking numbers start going live tomorrow.

Mav. :cool:

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It is $70, as BB you are paying $30 to activate. $20 for the non +. Best Buy does not have a perfect track record on high profile launches and Sprint offers other loyalty perks at times that BB cant.

Worked at BB for over 8 years and I agree with you. Not the best track record on launches. I waited over 2 weeks after the launch of the S7 Edge. Didn't want to risk the wait again.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
After working for Best Buy Mobile for 3 years, the only launch that didn't go smooth at our store is the iPhone launch.

We never had issues with the Galaxy launches.

And I was told some even arrived today :)

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
After working for Best Buy Mobile for 3 years, the only launch that didn't go smooth at our store is the iPhone launch.

We never had issues with the Galaxy launches.

And I was told some even arrived today :)

The iPhone is one phone you should not preorder from BB. Heck, from any retailer except Apple. Mag by years BB came through for me for other phones. Except the S7 Edge. Could be living in a large city changes it all but I lived in Charlotte and moved to Miami.

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This is what i just received, funny i paid $10.00 for 1 day shipping. And it says ups 2 day air

Attachments

• 1915.jpg
    1915.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54

AeroCurrent

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
From my understanding they send it 2nd day air to places where you'll get it in one day anyway. And overnight for farther places. They did the same thing with the note 7

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Bingo. I went to BB to see the phone in person, and look for cases. They pressured me to pre-order. I told them I had through Sprint. They pushed the $100 back. I told them I was OK with what I had. They asked me if I was seriously going to just "leave" $100. I asked them if they could match Sprint's $10 loyalty credit for leasing (or buying) and keeping my current plan. They couldn't. We still have one phone on contract for 12 months. Sorry Best Buy, but that's $120, then there's the $30 activation fee that Sprint waived. Add to that the terrible track record with my last two Sprint phone purchases through BB, and I'm happy with what I've done.

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
So much for tracking info on the 18th. If my phone shows up and no one is there to sign for it I'm going to be a little upset.

All my past phones delivered from Sprint never had to be signed for. UPS always just left them on the porch even though a signature was required.
My tracking still doesn't show in the UPS system.

williejr185

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So much for tracking info on the 18th. If my phone shows up and no one is there to sign for it I'm going to be a little upset.

My tracking info showed up this morning, but it does say UPS 2nd Day Air. Label created on 04/18/17 expected delivery Thursday 04/20/17. This is not cool because my order confirmation does show the shipping method as "Overnight Shipping" with a charge of $10.

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I checked my tracking number and it says a label was created today. It says 2 day air. I looked on my choice ups site and says I will get it Thursday afternoon. I was hoping to get it tomorrow. Oh well.

I hope I get it early enough to get the free vr headset and $99 package with headphones and 256 gig sd card.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I checked my tracking number and it says a label was created today. It says 2 day air. I looked on my choice ups site and says I will get it Thursday afternoon. I was hoping to get it tomorrow. Oh well.

I hope I get it early enough to get the free vr headset and $99 package with headphones and 256 gig sd card.

You will

Rurukka

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Its actually like Sprint said (Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Pre-Orders: Your tracking number will be available on the shipping carrier website beginning 4/18. Deliveries begin as early as 4/19.) I got my tracking number on 4/15 and today is when the actual info came up so expecting the phone tomorrow if the 2 day shipping thingi is real or latest Thursday. ( After refreshing the page over 900 times something finally showed)