Why not a bigger battery?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
My S7E has a bigger battery than both the S8 and S8+. Why couldn't they have squeezed a bigger battery into either phone???

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you not see what they just went through? I don't think they're going to be "squeezing" any battery into their phones for a very long time.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
The new 835 processor and new display will require a lot less power then previous models. Those two things will make the battery better than the s7 and edge.

bigal77

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
It's one of my gripes. 3000mah not enough. 3300 from lg g6 is borderline. Doubt the sd835 makes it better.... Coupled with all the bloatware. Make it thicker, go with 3800mah and they'd have a new consumer. LG g6 for next year for me... Hopefully pixel 2 listens

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The new 835 processor and new display will require a lot less power then previous models. Those two things will make the battery better than the s7 and edge.
They say this every year. I bet it's about the same as the S7 edge. But yeah, they not about to squeeze a battery in their devices any time soon lol.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's one of my gripes. 3000mah not enough. 3300 from lg g6 is borderline. Doubt the sd835 makes it better.... Coupled with all the bloatware. Make it thicker, go with 3800mah and they'd have a new consumer. LG g6 for next year for me... Hopefully pixel 2 listens
3000 is more than enough, especially with fast and wireless charging. People don't want bigger, heavier phones. Most people are average users and most people are happy with a day worth of battery.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It's what kept me in the Droid Maxx line for years. I refused to go to a phone with a smaller battery. I'm assuming/hoping that the new combo will be about equal to the 7edge. Is there any word on which version of quick charge these are going to have?

Ilya Ivanov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just wait for reviews. SD 835 is 27% more efficient and they say the screen is 17% more efficient. So technically it should last about the same as S7E.

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I think people will be surprised with the efficiency of the processor and this will be more than adequate. Like said above I think most people are happy with a full days use.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's what kept me in the Droid Maxx line for years. I refused to go to a phone with a smaller battery. I'm assuming/hoping that the new combo will be about equal to the 7edge. Is there any word on which version of quick charge these are going to have?
This is what I want to know

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Because they are taking it safe and not trying to squeeze in a bigger battery after what they went thru with the Note 7.
Sucks for us but no surprise they are taking the conservative route to prevent burning S8 which will be a disaster for them.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
They don't need to "squeeze" a battery in if they just made the case 0.5-1mm thicker. I'm not sure how much battery increase you get per mm of thickness (of course it depends on the size of the phone).

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
That's just it; I don't get a full days use and I'd still want more than one (especially considering the charge at 40%or decrease life on battery that's hard to replace). So I have to charge multiple times a day and lug a battery bank which is heavier than a phone with a better battery or replaceable battery. I miss my Maxx days when I did not worry.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That's just it; I don't get a full days use and I'd still want more than one (especially considering the charge at 40%or decrease life on battery that's hard to replace). So I have to charge multiple times a day and lug a battery bank which is heavier than a phone with a better battery or replaceable battery. I miss my Maxx days when I did not worry.
They did note that the battery life after one year for the S8 should be around 95% capacity whereas the S7 was only 80%.