Best Buy Pre-Order - Q&A

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I just completed my pre-order on the Best Buy website. I'm confused about the Samsung Immersive VR Experience Box promotion they listed for $99. There was no way to add it to my cart and the fine print at the bottom of their promo page says it's a mail in promotion. Does that mean I'll need to send my $99 to Samsung?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy Pre-Order - Q&A

That's how I would read into it seeing as I believe it's a Samsung sponsored promotion. Unfortunately, I am having a bit of trouble finding any additional information but that could be because I'm exhausted and have to be up in 5 hours for work.

Edit: it appears to be via Samsung.

8c0b06ec6887d0e41600ba2cfcf5156f.png

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
FYI - I did some digging. Here's where you need to go to redeem the "Samsung Immersive VR Experience Box" mentioned on Best Buy's website. It's part of the Gear VR promo that Samsung is running.

Samsung Promotions

Unfortunately, you have to have your S8 or S8+ in hand in order to register for the Gear VR or the Immersive VR Experience Box upgrade for $99.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
any idea how the monthly payments work, looks like if you buy the S8+ outright you do not get the $100 off. so if i take the payments and then pay off after a couple of months then will i get the $100 off?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre-Order - Q&A

any idea how the monthly payments work, looks like if you buy the S8+ outright you do not get the $100 off. so if i take the payments and then pay off after a couple of months then will i get the $100 off?
Try doing a mock order and read the DPP loan agreement, it will show the financed amount.

Another question would be do you have to do the DPP for a set amount of time like 6 months to avoid a chargeback.

Edit... I just put a order together on best buys site and read the loan agreement. It appears they are taking the $100 off right away, the financed part reflects the $100 off. So it appears you can go online and pay it off month later. Did not research of there's a time requirement to be on DPP. Remember that used to require 6 months of data to avoid chargebacks, this was before Verizon made data part of the contract.

Last edited:

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
FYI - I did some digging. Here's where you need to go to redeem the "Samsung Immersive VR Experience Box" mentioned on Best Buy's website. It's part of the Gear VR promo that Samsung is running.

Samsung Promotions

Unfortunately, you have to have your S8 or S8+ in hand in order to register for the Gear VR or the Immersive VR Experience Box upgrade for $99.

If you order from the Samsung website you can add the free VR and pay the $99 for the other stuff and order it when you place your order
20170330_071830.jpg

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
If you order from the Samsung website you can add the free VR and pay the $99 for the other stuff and order it when you place your order
View attachment 255347

Thanks and...dang it. I'm afraid supplies will run out before I'm able to redeem the offer. Since I pre-ordered via Best Buy last night I won't have my phone in hand until mid-late April. If everyone else is able to redeem the offer directly, they may run out before I can log in to redeem. :/

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If u buy the phone outright at Worst Buy for Verizon, remember to price match it to Verizon regular price of $720!! DO NOT PAY $820!! Same for the 8+, $920 vs $850

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard when these will be on display at the Best Buy Samsung areas. I seem to recall they had them on display prior to actually shipping last year.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard when these will be on display at the Best Buy Samsung areas. I seem to recall they had them on display prior to actually shipping last year.

I'm in Minneapolis and they went on display at Best Buy around an hour after the launch yesterday.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I just stopped by the Worst Buy near my job and the guy was just about to put them on display. He let me compare the S8 and S8+. The S8+ is really tall. I think it might be too tall. It feels comfortable in the hand tho. U can use it one handed as long as ur not trying to reach something in the upper 1/3 of the phone. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer