S8 on T-Mobile?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Called T-Mobile this morning to pre-order and it took 30 minutes :( When I got the confirmation email to sign for the EIP there were 2 additional items on the order, one for $19.99 and the other for $59.99. No idea why these 2 additional items were added but I was not happy by the whole process. I am going to pre-order by the Samsung website instead.

Anyone else have these kind of issues when pre-ordering with T-Mobile?

Sim starter kit and tax maybe?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to check out the phones but I might hold off until Some reviews are put out. I'm still concerned about the 3000mAh battery. Anyway, I still have until the 20th to "pre-order".

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Sim starter kit and tax maybe?

That 60 bucks might be sales tax. I see the op is in FL. I live over in Punta Gorda and the samsung website charged me 59.50 for tax so that might be tax.

Or could be some cramming going on insurance or BS added. The 20 fee is dumb. I was charged that when I bought the Note 7 and S7 edge. I just decided to order through samsung.com just now. NO BS to deal with and straight forward. Every time I order or buy something from tmobile it's always something going on.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I also got hit with a $20 "phone order charge" that she couldn't waive in the order, but the rep was nice enough to immediately credit my account the same $20, so it's a wash. Not sure why they weren't able to waive it like they did for my LG G6 order just a week ago.

I'm going to check out the phones but I might hold off until Some reviews are put out. I'm still concerned about the 3000mAh battery. Anyway, I still have until the 20th to "pre-order".
Just remember that by that time, the free Gear VR promotion may be all sold out.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they called the $20 fee a 'service charge' when I purchased my V20 in-store. I guess they hit everyone no matter where you purchase it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I also got hit with a $20 "phone order charge" that she couldn't waive in the order, but the rep was nice enough to immediately credit my account the same $20, so it's a wash. Not sure why they weren't able to waive it like they did for my LG G6 order just a week ago.

Just remember that by that time, the free Gear VR promotion may be all sold out.

That's true. I went ahead with the pre-order.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah they called the $20 fee a 'service charge' when I purchased my V20 in-store. I guess they hit everyone no matter where you purchase it.

Yea, I argued with them about it on my Note 7 order but no dice! Then when I returned and bought an S7 Edge replacement I got hit with it again! This time I ordered via samsung and no BS with the charge. They can pound sand.

If my experience is well buying from samsung I'll either order from them or buy unlocked versions from best buy then. After my note 7 debacle from Tmobile I will do everything possible to avoid buying the phone from them.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I argued with them about it on my Note 7 order but no dice! Then when I returned and bought an S7 Edge replacement I got hit with it again! This time I ordered via samsung and no BS with the charge. They can pound sand.

If my experience is well buying from samsung I'll either order from them or buy unlocked versions from best buy then. After my note 7 debacle from Tmobile I will do everything possible to avoid buying the phone from them.
Are you paying outright or through Samsung finance since got are going through Samsung directly? Would you recommend that route, I'm on T-Mobile as well but still on the fence

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Are you paying outright or through Samsung finance since got are going through Samsung directly? Would you recommend that route, I'm on T-Mobile as well but still on the fence

I paid upfront, the full price of the S8 Plus. I never do payment plans for phones. It looks like the phones are coming directly from Samsung and looks much more organized this time compared to the past when samsung did pre orders.

This is my first time ordering it from them so we shall see how it goes. I don't see why it would hurt ordering it from samsung. Tons on here have done it, plus they had a deal for the tmobile silver regular S8 100 bucks cheaper than buying it from tmobile.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If your company or business has a relationship with T-Mobile, you still may be able to take advantage of the still-active 2014 Advantage Upgrade offer. Every time I purchase a device or upgrade, I got to www.t-mobile.com/promotions and use the code ADVUPG. I get a T-Mobile prepaid MasterCard for $25 about 8 weeks later. That usually lessens the blow of any charges I might have incurred when performing a JOD or EIP.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I didnt know samsung had its own finance option

Yes, apparently they do. You can preorder directly from Samsung and pay outright or over 24 months interest free. You can also upgrade to premium headphones and a 256 GB SD card for 99 bucks

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, apparently they do. You can preorder directly from Samsung and pay outright or over 24 months interest free. You can also upgrade to premium headphones and a 256 GB SD card for 99 bucks
I wonder if Samsung lets you pay extra on the phone as you choose like TMobile does well they do if you have a regular eIP

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Samsung lets you pay extra on the phone as you choose like TMobile does well they do if you have a regular eIP

Yeah, that one I don't know but I would assume so. Never knew Samsung had that option. Something to look into. They are also offering their Samsung Care protection free for one month

Kcnewf2

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I just pre-ordered today online from the T-Mobile website on an EIIP
~$30 down
~$65 sales tax

My order was an upgrade. No sim charge. No service fee.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yea, I argued with them about it on my Note 7 order but no dice! Then when I returned and bought an S7 Edge replacement I got hit with it again!
I got them to credit the $20 back from my Note 7, and don't remember paying it when I got my 7 Plus either.

Side note/off topic: I assume you finally got your refund back from T-Mo you were having so much trouble with?

hail2030

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I also just preordered the S8. I wasn't going to, but since it is 0 down for my JOD and I don't like the 7edge that much, I figured it's a good time to Jump. I will have a V20 as well which will be a 2nd daily driver for me so between the 2 I'll have a heck of a backup phone

I have JOD on my line. I had the Note 7 and turned it in for a S7 Edge early February when they were offering a free year of Netflix. I was charged $20 at the store for getting the S7 Edge supposedly they waive the upgrade fee for JOD customers, so I don't know why I was charged. I pre-ordered the S8 Plus on 3/30 at midnight and was told it was $130 down payment. Paid $139 total. How did you manage to give no down payment?

hail2030

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
If your company or business has a relationship with T-Mobile, you still may be able to take advantage of the still-active 2014 Advantage Upgrade offer. Every time I purchase a device or upgrade, I got to www.t-mobile.com/promotions and use the code ADVUPG. I get a T-Mobile prepaid MasterCard for $25 about 8 weeks later. That usually lessens the blow of any charges I might have incurred when performing a JOD or EIP.

I've been with Tmobile since December 2015 and I had never looked into this. I work with Primerica and they're part of the advantage program! Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz