Samsung Galaxy S8's DeX dock - Will you be picking one up?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've always found the concept to be intriguing, but I think the execution is where the issue really stands.

Do I really want to carry around the cradle and have to search for a spare monitor, keyboard and mouse, when I get to a site?

I use a lot of photo, music, and video editing apps on my S7E, and it would be nice to be able to have more control over editing, with a mouse and keyboard shortcuts, but when I know I need to do that, I open my laptop.

But again, I am interested to see what else can come of it. It's just that hurdle of of getting it setup doesn't seem very seamless.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The geek in me would love to get one to play with, but probably not somehting I would get a whole lot of use out of. Depends on how pricey they end up!

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Only interested in it if it's the only way to get HDMI out. I want to be able to watch downloaded Netflix shows on a TV while traveling. I'd rather have a simple cable/dongle though, like I have with my HTC 10.

Anageh90

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
of course i will buy one i am an it engineer and if my mobile phone can give me the desktop experience that's defiantly be useful to me

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
They removed the hdmi out ports from the few phones, casting, mirroring etc so many ways and still so many limitations. Not sure if this dock is the solution. I first got a smart phone to, supplant a laptop on a certain trip. I want this to succeed, but I see the obstacles, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown