I don't remember if it was the AT&T guy or Samsung that was talking about offering a special price for the S8 or Note 8 when they came out for us victims of the Note 7. I didn't actually have a problem with the Note 7, but having to swap it numerous times for another phone was horrible. And I felt like I had to settle for the S7 edge. Now, I'm stuck with it for 2 years. I sure hope they do offer a special deal for us.
    03-30-2017 04:27 AM
    I don't remember if it was the AT&T guy or Samsung that was talking about offering a special price for the S8 or Note 8 when they came out for us victims of the Note 7. I didn't actually have a problem with the Note 7, but having to swap it numerous times for another phone was horrible. And I felt like I had to settle for the S7 edge. Now, I'm stuck with it for 2 years. I sure hope they do offer a special deal for us.
    I'm pretty sure it was Samsung because I remember it too. I'm just not sure about whether the special pricing was going to be on the S8 or the Note 8. I don't think you'll get shafted. Don't worry. Something will definitely happen for those of you that stayed with the company.
    03-30-2017 05:08 AM
    I sent Samsung an email on this issue a month or so ago and I got an email back saying they couldn't tell me anything until the phone is out. Now that the phone is out, I think I might email them again and see if we can get this ball rolling. My Note 7 was my birthday present and to have to swap to an older phone (S7E) was heartbreaking and I hope they do the right thing for us.
    Kyd justus likes this.
    03-30-2017 06:32 AM
    I sent Samsung an email on this issue a month or so ago and I got an email back saying they couldn't tell me anything until the phone is out. Now that the phone is out, I think I might email them again and see if we can get this ball rolling. My Note 7 was my birthday present and to have to swap to an older phone (S7E) was heartbreaking and I hope they do the right thing for us.
    Email them back and let us know. I haven't heard anything. Maybe they're hoping we forget. A lot of us took a step back from N7 to the S7 and now we are ordering the S8. Would love to see some kinda incentive for sticking with Samsung
    03-30-2017 08:55 AM
    It would be nice if Samsung did do that for you and for the other Note 7 users... Perhaps they will give you something - maybe free accessories or a credit. Hopefully something happens for you!
    Kyd justus likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:09 AM
    It was a Samsung rep who made a comment about some sort of deal on the Note 8 for people who had the Note 7 BUT he only referenced customers in Korea. Not that could change and apply to all previous Note 7 owners when the Note 8 is released but we'll have to wait and see.
    03-30-2017 12:45 PM