04-05-2017 08:58 AM
63 123
tools
    I have to have a case on mine. After having the S7 Edge the case will help me with the accidental touches.. That was a real issue with the curved edge for me and the case somewhat remedied this issue for me... So I have about 5 different cases on order including a couple of the Samsung official cases.
    03-31-2017 08:47 AM
    My cat pulled my phone out of my jacket. My S7 edge dropped once. ONCE. And the screen is shattered. FML. And it is tooo expensive to let it fixed... ):

So case. Obviously.
    That settles it then. You need to get rid of that cat!
    Allure2323 likes this.
    03-31-2017 10:29 AM
    Will be going naked here. Have had my Note 5 since release no case and not a scratch or ding to be seem. I'd like to say it's due to never dropping it but it has hit the floor and few times hard enough to shoot the spen across the room but no damage at all!
    03-31-2017 01:08 PM
    While I have ordered a Spigen clear case. If it proves to be too bulky, it is straight without apparel time....
    03-31-2017 04:13 PM
    Why are we still having to ask/answer this question? How much of a premium would you pay for a real bounce off the wall out of the box phone. This seems like the last true horizon in exterior design to me. And not talking about an 'active' version, I want a true phone/basketball, it's completely feasible, why aren't we pushing for this? Glass, really? We are the suckers born every 6-12 months.
    04-01-2017 09:15 AM
    I usually prefer naked and only use a case when exercising.

Although I'm worried about the GG5. On my iP7+ and Pixel, the front glass scratched really bad. I hate screen protectors (especially for VR) but I think the extra shatter resistance came at a cost.
    04-01-2017 05:42 PM
    Naked here
    Same folder?
    04-01-2017 06:41 PM
    These all glass phones "feel" way too fragile to go naked. They are also kinda thing and slippery without a case. Perhaps if they'd have just made them a 1mm thicker and added more battery they'd be easier to grab naked.
    04-01-2017 06:42 PM
    Do these turn yellow?
    Yes. The spigen case is notorious for yellowing. The one I found that has optimal protection is the tech21 clear case, I had the one on my note 4 for over 2 years and didn't not yellow.
    nonie likes this.
    04-02-2017 01:37 AM
    What has people's experience been with things like the dbrand skins? Is the phone still slippery or does it feel just slightly protected?
    04-02-2017 01:39 AM
    What has people's experience been with things like the dbrand skins? Is the phone still slippery or does it feel just slightly protected?
    The skin I had applied to my S6 Edge+ made a huge difference regarding the grip.

I dont use cases so of course the phone was super slippery but with the dbrand skin it did allow of much better handling.

I wouldnt rely on the skin for protection but it was of course better than nothing ??
    04-02-2017 01:55 AM

I'm really tempted to go naked

The phone just feels so natural and is very stunning without a case, but on the other hand I'm prone to dropping my phones more often than not. Can't tell you how many times I've dropped my s7 edge. Want to hear what other think case or naked?
    I would advise against it It's never nice to see people with cracked or scratches devices. Especially when you pay so much for that awesome product.

So without a doubt i would recommend a case. Especially if you tend to drop your phone. The Galaxy S8 has something around 80% screen to body ratio which means there is a higher chance now that your screen will be hitting the floor first. Aditionally, its also a curved display so even if the phone lands on its side, the screen is getting hit.

It can also be a clear case if you want to keep the beauty of your Galaxy S8 showing through.
    04-02-2017 04:24 AM
    I wouldnt rely on the skin for protection but it was of course better than nothing ??
    Skins obviously won't protect against drops but skins definitely provide that intermediate protection for your device. It just protects against those small scratches that might occur in your bag or front table tops ect. Also, some of them give your phone a lot more grip which can help to mitigate any potential drops. The Galaxy S8 is definitely a slipper phone so that skin might come in handy! DBrand have a TON to choose from
    04-02-2017 04:29 AM
    Will be going naked here. Have had my Note 5 since release no case and not a scratch or ding to be seem. I'd like to say it's due to never dropping it but it has hit the floor and few times hard enough to shoot the spen across the room but no damage at all!
    But the Note 5 also didn't have dual curved screens with an 83.32 percent screen-to-body ratio either (more screen, higher chance of breaking)...something to think about with the S8/S8+ that's all I'm saying.

I held the S8+ at Best Buy and I love it plus it felt very grippy but using it without a case when I'm not at home just probably isn't an option for me.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    04-02-2017 06:59 AM
    Always plan to rock my phone without a case but I always end up getting one for the peace of mind. With that being said, my S7 Edge has been super durable. The S8 and S8+ are supposed to be tougher. So once again we will see.
    04-02-2017 07:03 AM
    Always plan to rock my phone without a case but I always end up getting one for the peace of mind. With that being said, my S7 Edge has been super durable. The S8 and S8+ are supposed to be tougher. So once again we will see.
    The S8/S8+ screens are stronger since they're using Gorilla Glass 5 (Is this Gorilla Glass 5 on the Galaxy S8, or you are just happy to drop it?).

One of my biggest reasons for getting a case isn't really because I'm nervous about the glass breaking but body scratches/dents that comes from drops or sliding across concrete, asphalt, gravel, etc.
    04-02-2017 07:13 AM
    And a decent case allows you to set it face down and the screen is not touching.
    04-02-2017 10:23 AM
    The S8/S8+ screens are stronger since they're using Gorilla Glass 5 (Is this Gorilla Glass 5 on the Galaxy S8, or you are just happy to drop it?).

One of my biggest reasons for getting a case isn't really because I'm nervous about the glass breaking but body scratches/dents that comes from drops or sliding across concrete, asphalt, gravel, etc.
    They used gorilla 5 on the note 7 and there were several complaints of scratching easy.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    04-02-2017 11:17 AM
    They used gorilla 5 on the note 7 and there were several complaints of scratching easy.
    I didn't have any issues with scratches when I owned the Note 7 and actually I've never really had any issues with scratches on any phone I've had and it's been a lot over the years. I rarely drop my phones and I keep them in my front right pocket with nothing else in it so maybe that's why also?
    04-02-2017 03:37 PM
    I didn't have any issues with scratches when I owned the Note 7 and actually I've never really had any issues with scratches on any phone I've had and it's been a lot over the years. I rarely drop my phones and I keep them in my front right pocket with nothing else in it so maybe that's why also?
    I never did either, but a lot complained about it.
    04-02-2017 03:42 PM
    Naked or clear skin. I always end up buying a couple cases, but hate them.
    04-02-2017 04:53 PM
    Naked or clear skin. I always end up buying a couple cases, but hate them.
    I do the same thing... already purchased two cheap cases and a Dbrand Skin. Going to get a Square Trade warranty and run with it naked. Then see how it goes just want to have the cases just in "case". LOL I will probably put the skin on at some point soon after I get it. I do use a wallet case for when it is in my bag at beach volleyball to protect the screen, only time I ever had a screen break it was in my bag and when I went to check my phone it was broke, my guess is the someone moved or knocked over the bag and broke it without knowing.

I used a minimal case for a while with the S7 Edge just to prevent accidental presses.
    04-03-2017 10:17 AM
    I definitely agree.
    04-03-2017 11:30 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5741340

It's a clear case, so I still get to show off the phone . Going naked on the screen, though...the only tempered glass screen protector I've seen for the S8+ so far was $44.99.
    04-03-2017 03:05 PM
    thats the case i got. btw they now make bullit proof glass cases full front and back for devices but for 100
    04-03-2017 03:08 PM
63 123