Verizon Galaxy S8 So I guess those of us coming from the Note 7 are just screwed

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is telling me that I have to pay off my S7 Edge IN FULL if I want to get the S8. That is total BS considering that we were forced into these phones. Samsung or Verizon better figure something out quick. I'm not paying $600+ to upgrade. It would be cheaper to cancel my service & go elsewhere.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is telling me that I have to pay off my S7 Edge IN FULL if I want to get the S8. That is total BS considering that we were forced into these phones. Samsung or Verizon better figure something out quick. I'm not paying $600+ to upgrade. It would be cheaper to cancel my service & go elsewhere.
That sucks but it's not really Verizon's fault. If you were forced into an S7 from a Note 7, why do you want the S8?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile is always offering deals to bring over new customers. That's who I'm through

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
That sucks but it's not really Verizon's fault. If you were forced into an S7 from a Note 7, why do you want the S8?
Why I want the phone is beside the point. It's not my fault either. I would've kept the note & been fine but we weren't given that option. There should be some kind of trade in promo or something to accommodate customers. I know I'm not the only one in this position & it's BS.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Yea...thatvwas a fun ordeal wasn't it? Lol.
Yep & I'm still dealing with the fallout from it. I'm not trying to be stuck with an S7 edge for another year. Hopefully something will be done by Samsung for those of us who stayed with the company.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I jumped ship after turning in my second Note 7. I didn't like the 7edge and the s7 was too small a screen for me. Now I am trying to pay off the Pixel XL in time to get the Note 8 though I am somewhat interested in the 8+. But I agree rhat considering the lost money on accessories, the stress of it all, and being really unhappy I couldn't keep the best phone I ever had, that it would be nice of Samsung to make some gesture at least to those of you who stayed with Samsung then. I was mad at them, and I really disliked the 7edge so I didn't. I don't think it's Verizn's fault though, I think it's Samsung's. But that won't prevent me getting the next Note.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thats weird, Verizon not only credited me back my Note 7 payments I made on the payment plan, but also reset my upgrade contract to where I had a free upgrade on my account to use on the S8+ . I also chose to send my Note 7 in to Samsung and received a $900 check even though I had only paid $100 on the payment plan with Verizon. You may can argue that they never reset your upgrade even though you went with the S7 Edge.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't see the issue.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Then why comment?

Is that not allowed?

Let me elaborate -

You bought a Note 7. You had to return it. You're saying you were "forced" to buy a S7 Edge. I disagree. No one is forced to buy a phone. You bought a phone on a device payment plan. In order to buy another phone on that line on a device payment plan, you need to pay off the current phone. That's standard. Also, that doesn't block you from actually buying a phone. You can pay full retail and get an S8.

Anyone that has an active DPP is in the same situation. No one is screwed.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You might get a discount when the Note 8 comes out. I wouldn't think you were getting a discount on the S8 or S8+ since you all had the Note

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon handled the Note 7 situation with perfection. They credited back everything, didn't even ask for accessories to be returned, paid off device payment, waived all fees and still honored the free watch and VR when I got the S7E.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why Samsung has to buy you a phone. There was an issue and incentives / bill credits were given for your issue.. if you bought a new phone then .. that's not any different than buying a new phone any other day.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
It's your own fault you could have given back the phone and take the refund and bought a cheaper phone for the few months, you decided to go s7edge which is a lot of things but not cheap fully aware of the rules.

Neither Verizon nor Samsung owes you everything you are on DPP for the s7edge and till that's paid of you won't get the s8 ones cheap or on a discount.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why Samsung has to buy you a phone. There was an issue and incentives / bill credits were given for your issue.. if you bought a new phone then .. that's not any different than buying a new phone any other day.

Never said they had to "buy me a phone." Try reading what I wrote again before you comment next time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Never said they had to "buy me a phone." Try reading what I wrote again before you comment next time.
You said you'd have to pay it off in full to swap.. which yes when you buy a new phone you have to pay for it .. so what is the issue? What do you want them to do ?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Why I want the phone is beside the point. It's not my fault either. I would've kept the note & been fine but we weren't given that option. There should be some kind of trade in promo or something to accommodate customers. I know I'm not the only one in this position & it's BS.

Your quarrel should be with Samsung not the carrier. They were the middle man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv