Galaxy S8 or wait for the Note 8

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Lets say earlier this year they released refurbed Note 7s in North America would you buy one at a discounted price instead of the s8?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Lets say earlier this year they released refurbed Note 7s in North America would you buy one at a discounted price instead of the s8?
Yep, in a heartbeat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna enjoy the S8+ for 6 months until the Note 8 but I would have much rather had the Note 7 this whole time instead of the V20. If I had the Note 7 right now, I wouldn't even be looking at the S8.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

I would, I was just at best buy playing with the S8 and someone was there and I was like is that a Note 7. He said yeah, I asked if I could see it. Man it is seriously perfect for me, I would get it in a heartbeat.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I will say only wait one month, more than that and you will be waiting for the S9 and then again for the Note9

There will be always a better version to come.

So far the S8 looks pretty great, but waiting could lead to good reviews about the devices talking in deep about the good or bad of it.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
From history, don't let the leaks effect your decision. These leaks have been saying 4k display and 6 gigs of ram for years now.

The note8 won't be too much different from the s8. The screen might be a tad bigger and it'll have an s pen and fingerprint reader in the screen. All Samsung flagships will have a fingerprint reader embedded into the display from here on out anyway.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm going with the S8 for now - I've had my S7e for almost a yr now. I typically jump into phones twice a year - just because of my TMo plan. So my answer is both! If I had to choose I'd go with the S8 now because I have a hard time waiting.

This is exactly how I am. I'm getting both just because of what I call the TECH DISEASE.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Going with the S8, been using an old 5s since I sent my note 7 back in January. I really want a new phone. I really liked the note 7 but tbh I did not use the pen much.

allargon

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on the Note 4. I had hoped to upgrade to a Note 7, but we know how that went. So, I'm looking forward to getting a Note 8 this fall!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I really hope those rumor specs aren't true with screen at 6.4" ������

The S8 size is ok with me... the S8 plus even though width wise it feels good, just too tall. Note 7 was perfect size. If they go 6.4 which is bigger than S8+... i probably won't get it... if I wanted a tablet with a pen, I'd buy a tablet with a pen.

Maybe they add the extra .2" into a 18:9 display and just make it the same height as the S8+, but just a wee bit wider. That would be perfect.

ALJ4

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I had a note 1, a note 3, a note 7 prior to it having to be returned so if it has the features it's suppose to then I really want to wait on the note 8. But honestly I was expecting an earlier release on the S8 so now I'm worried the note 8 will arrive late.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yep, in a heartbeat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna enjoy the S8+ for 6 months until the Note 8 but I would have much rather had the Note 7 this whole time instead of the V20. If I had the Note 7 right now, I wouldn't even be looking at the S8.

I totally agree! IF I had the Note 7 still I wouldn't be buying the S8 Plus right now. Other than the processor there isn't much of an upgrade with the S8 over the Note 7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781