Galaxy S8 or wait for the Note 8

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
As always, this year's Note will copy all the good stuff from the Galaxy S line, while offering a larger form factor with better specs and an S-pen. Here's what I would expect to see:
  • 6.6" Super-AMOLED infinity display with 4K resolution
  • Snapdragon 835 same as the S8's.
  • Dual rear-facing cameras and possibly some additional improvements to those cameras.
  • Probably the same 8MP selfie camera.
  • 6GB of RAM (compared to the S8's 4GB)
  • At least 128GB internal storage, and possibly 256GB (compared with S8's 64GB)
  • Improvements to S-Pen functions and features

DJ Koh has outright stated that they're going to make this year's Note special. They kinda have to after last years debacle. So I think we can fully anticipate that they're holding back some awesome tech from the S8's so they can put it into the Note 8. Impossible to say what those features might be, but I think we can reasonably expect the Note 8 to be absolutely awesome. Personally, I'm going to wait for the Note 8.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
As always, this year's Note will copy all the good stuff from the Galaxy S line, while offering a larger form factor with better specs and an S-pen. Here's what I would expect to see:
  • Dual rear-facing cameras and possibly some additional improvements to those cameras.

DJ Koh has outright stated that they're going to make this year's Note special. They kinda have to after last years debacle. So I think we can fully anticipate that they're holding back some awesome tech from the S8's so they can put it into the Note 8. Impossible to say what those features might be, but I think we can reasonably expect the Note 8 to be absolutely awesome. Personally, I'm going to wait for the Note 8.

Sounds like a solid spec sheet if that's anywhere close to right.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I had a note 1, a note 3, a note 7 prior to it having to be returned so if it has the features it's suppose to then I really want to wait on the note 8. But honestly I was expecting an earlier release on the S8 so now I'm worried the note 8 will arrive late.

I still have the Note 1. The Note 3 I gave to my mom and she loves it. As for the 7, well we all know the story.

bubbbbbz

May 18, 2015
Visit site
well still have the s6 edge here, now i can upgrade samsung had to do big with the S8 to recover from the note 7, and again every 1 thinks they need to bring the note 8 better to recover again, the note 8 would of been better the the s8 regardless, but i do think they may of held back dual camera back may be for the note. Iv never had a note and because i have the option to wait now i think i will, i presume if the s pen is not for you you dont need to use it and i would of opted for S8 + size anyways.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

You're close, but not quite there....

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
6.4" or 6.6" is too big, unless it's wider than the s8. Most of those specs above look good, since there's no newer processor than the 835. 6GB Ram needs to happen. I'm so ready for this phone!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Pretty impressive spec sheet, with all that, guessing we are looking at a thousand dollar plus phone. Double the memory, more ram, bigger screen, and the fact the note series always costs more.

bubbbbbz

May 18, 2015
Visit site
if you can afford the band wagon why not, but i honestly wait till i can upgrade again and either waite a few months or get the next thing out! - plus after 2 years the phone i get im sure will feel as if iv upgraded

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm really liking the Galaxy S8, but I feel like the Note 8 will be announced anytime soon too. Would some of yall wait for the Note 8 or are you just getting the S8?

Decisions decisions...

Both. I actually like the fingerprint reader and the extra gestures feature. It helps bigtime to get your notifications without making an inconvenient reach to the top of the phone. Love this feature.

The Note 8 might lose this. I would buy the s8 and consider selling it when the note 8 comes out.

Attachments

• 23160.jpg
    23160.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 37

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I seriously doubt it's gonna get 4K considering that was last year's rumor as well. Anywho here's more rumors for ya. This is why I have JOD so I don't have to wait. I got the S8+ now and can jump later if I wish.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to sport a 6.3-inch screen, according to latest rumors

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree i don't see them doing too much as it'll affect the S8/8+ sales. The only thing i can see is the dual camera, slightly bigger screen and a stylus. I don't even think touch finger scan on the glass will be ready not until next year since they had problems with the S8/S8+. But as for hardware goes same specs in ram maybe slightly faster cpu. I want to wait for the Note 8 myself but I decided to just jump to the S8plus since i've been using the note 4 for sometime it was time for me to do the upgrade. I say get the phone if you feel you need to replace, no matter what decisions or choice you choose at the end of the day next year will always have something bigger and better can't keep up with the technology it's a very expensive game.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Have the S8+ and like it so far. Will look at the Note 8 and decide if it makes sense for me to upgrade. Got the Note 3, 5 and 7. Hated returning the Note 7. I did not use the Spen a lot but when I did I found it usefully. My main reason for the Note line was the larger screen. So now that the S line has the plus model that need is being fulfilled.
But like others, and even some IPhone users, I may just upgrade so as to have the latest and greatest from Samsung

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463