Galaxy S8 or wait for the Note 8

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking the Galaxy S8, but I feel like the Note 8 will be announced anytime soon too. Would some of yall wait for the Note 8 or are you just getting the S8?

Decisions decisions...

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
All of these "get x phone or wait for y phone" posts. The response should always be: Do you need a phone right now? If yes, then buy a phone now, if no, then wait. The S8 isn't going to magically get worse when the Note 8 comes out. There will always be something better on the horizon. Yes, the note 8 will be better than the s8. Also the S9 will be better than the s8. Buy a phone when you need a phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
All of these "get x phone or wait for y phone" posts. The response should always be: Do you need a phone right now? If yes, then buy a phone now, if no, then wait. The S8 isn't going to magically get worse when the Note 8 comes out. There will always be something better on the horizon. Yes, the note 8 will be better than the s8. Also the S9 will be better than the s8. Buy a phone when you need a phone.

True and not true

I have the S7 Edge and I want to upgrade, but if the Note 8 will for example have a better battery life then the S8 (which seems to be like its the same as the S7), I'd wait...in other words, I want to upgrade to the better phone between the Note 8 and S8....don't care about the S9 right now.

Guess I'll just wait for reviews

rexii23

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I really hoped the S8 will have some amazing camera tech, which will also go into the Note 8. I wish samsung did a dual lens setup. Also interested to see what nokia will do in that space.

RiaHannam

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm going with the S8 for now - I've had my S7e for almost a yr now. I typically jump into phones twice a year - just because of my TMo plan. So my answer is both! If I had to choose I'd go with the S8 now because I have a hard time waiting.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
There's no way it will be announced anytime soon. Why would they dilute the S8's impact? I'm waiting for the Note, myself, unless I get impulsive and order the S8+!

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm telling you right now lol. How long every year have these leaked contained "4K display, 6 gigs of ram". The note8 will be the same as the s8 except for MAYBE a little bigger display and the s pen. If you want to fall for those leaks, then that's on you but they've been saying that every year.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Same question I asked last year, and I'll echo the responses on that thread.

If you need a phone now, get the S8. If the last 2 years are any indication, the Note 8 won't be too different from the S8, with identical hardware to the S8+ but some software differences and an S Pen.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Same question I asked last year, and I'll echo the responses on that thread.

If you need a phone now, get the S8. If the last 2 years are any indication, the Note 8 won't be too different from the S8, with identical hardware to the S8+ but some software differences and an S Pen.

Normally, I'd totally agree with you. BUT, after the horrific and unprecedented Note 7 debacle, I'm confident that Samsung will go all out on the Note 8 to make up for it. Samsung has to really up the wow factor to convince people to get another Note device.

So I'd be waiting for that rather than buy the S8.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I will probably get the Note 8 itch. However, since the prices jumped on the S8, I would expect the Note 8 to be around 900 or maybe a little more. No way I'm splurging again lol.

Another suggestion if you want the Spen bad but already got the S8, S8 Plus is to wait until later this summer or fall when the Tab S3 goes down in price and buy that! it contains the Spen. A lot cheaper than buying the Note after just getting the S8.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I really hope those rumor specs aren't true with screen at 6.4" ??????

The S8 size is ok with me... the S8 plus even though width wise it feels good, just too tall. Note 7 was perfect size. If they go 6.4 which is bigger than S8+... i probably won't get it... if I wanted a tablet with a pen, I'd buy a tablet with a pen.

These is what has been released so far...the schematics of the Note 8

Alleged Note 8 specs and schematics tip 6.4" 4K display, 6GB RAM, mysterious perforations

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I really hope those rumor specs aren't true with screen at 6.4" 😕

The S8 size is ok with me... the S8 plus even though width wise it feels good, just too tall. Note 7 was perfect size. If they go 6.4 which is bigger than S8+... i probably won't get it... if I wanted a tablet with a pen, I'd buy a tablet with a pen.

I'm thinking the Note 8 will be the same size as the S8 plus, with a duel camera, embedded FPS and a more advanced Bixby. I can't wait till the rumors start.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Normally, I'd totally agree with you. BUT, after the horrific and unprecedented Note 7 debacle, I'm confident that Samsung will go all out on the Note 8 to make up for it. Samsung has to really up the wow factor to convince people to get another Note device.

So I'd be waiting for that rather than buy the S8.
Hopefully.

I miss my Note 7 still. It had a very good chance of being the best Samsung phone I've ever used.