Anyone pre-order a + and having 2nd thoughts about size?

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn't change carriers. They didn't say anything about that. The guy at the Samsung bar, and two separate employees told me I would get $100 off, plus the VR. It wouldn't be the first time these people are wrong about stuff, so I hope you're wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Ha! ... I hope I'm wrong too, thought I read it somewhere but maybe not. Wish they sold Tmo phones.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
So it's about the same size as the Note 5? I know what it shows comparing to others online like the LG G6 but to hear it from someone who can actually judge better than me I would like to hear. I loved the size of the Note 7 and I currently have the 7Edge so I am having 2nd thoughts and wondering if I should actually wait on the Note 8 but I just don't think I can hold out that much longer!

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Moto X Pure now since they came out. I ordered the S8+ since they are essentially the same width. I'm gaining screen all four sides though. Shouldn't be any harder to hold than the Moto X.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I got to play with the 8+. It is awesome for me. I currently have a S7 Edge. The phones size difference is not really that much. But the screen size is huge. The screen is so much bigger and looks great. I am very excited as this is what a phone should be as far as screen to device size. Hardly any bezzles. The S8 feels small in my hands after using my S7 Edge to me. The S8+ is the sweet spot for me...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not at all. I want a phone as close as possible in size to the Note line. The s7 edge is too small which is why I went with the plus model even though I could have got the Tmobile s8 for $650 on samsungs website.

If I wanted a regular sized one I would have just stuck with my S7 Edge for awhile longer. I need a bigger device.

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually pre-ordered the regular S8 and I just got back from Best Buy and boy did I get the wrong one! I an canceling that pre-order and getting the S8+. Initially I thought the S8+ would be way too tall, but it feels great in the hand, not awkward at all. Fingerprint placement does not bother me in the least, seeing I use SmartLock with my paired watch.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I went to Bestbuy after work today to check them out and....very nice Samsung!! Very good looking devices! I'm think of going with the plus size. The smaller one looked geared more for smaller (feminine) hands.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Everyone should do themselves a favor and go to their nearest Best Buy or carrier store to actually handle BOTH S8 and S8+ for awhile.

I'm seeing a lot of folks being pleasantly surprised with the sizes especially with the S8+ where it's not as large in the hands and the benefit of the larger screen ..... It's a no brainer.

Good luck with your decisions

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, after checking out all 3, the S8s and the G6 side by side, im sold. I will preorder tonight, the 8+ display is SICK! ...

I hated the S7e for a few reasons, none of which is relevant on the S8. The S8+ feels so much better in hand and my huge fingers didn't have any issues typing on the S8 keyboard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-31-21-04-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-03-31-21-04-43.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Everyone should do themselves a favor and go to their nearest Best Buy or carrier store to actually handle BOTH S8 and S8+ for awhile.

I'm seeing a lot of folks being pleasantly surprised with the sizes especially with the S8+ where it's not as large in the hands and the benefit of the larger screen ..... It's a no brainer.

Good luck with your decisions

I agree. I originally went with the S7 last year over the larger model. I just came from Best Buy tonight and the 8+ is very manageable.

I agree with you. No brainer. Larger display and battery.

Last edited:

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I actually pre-ordered the regular S8 and I just got back from Best Buy and boy did I get the wrong one! I an canceling that pre-order and getting the S8+. Initially I thought the S8+ would be way too tall, but it feels great in the hand, not awkward at all. Fingerprint placement does not bother me in the least, seeing I use SmartLock with my paired watch.
I did the exact same thing. I had to double check and make sure I didn't post this and forget.

I like small phones, too, and own an iPhone SE I used to use in the summer to keep on me when I'm out biking or hiking and don't want a big phone clunking around in my pocket. But I have a Gear S2 with number sync and its own sim now so that's not as big a concern anymore to have a small pocket phone.

Once you go bigger than an SE and you're a woman my size, no phone is really going to fit comfortably in the pockets anyway. A big draw for me was the display and the one on the Plus made me want to dive in and go swimming. I'm so going to enjoy movies on this when I'm traveling.

I use VR quite a bit so I was a little concerned at the lower ppi on the S8+ but from what I could tell sticking the nearby Gear VR up to both phones as well as I could, the difference isn't that noticeable.

They are both beautiful phones and I think the smaller one might be prettier and look more well proportioned, but when that display is on, the Plus is the one I want to grab. I placed my order for it as soon as I could and now am going to cancel the one for the smaller phone in a couple of days. I will give myself a little more time for a last minute change of heart. But I can't imagine it happening.