Anyone pre-order a + and having 2nd thoughts about size?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the + from T-Mobile. Currently have an iPhone 7 Plus. Now I'm having doubts if maybe I should have went with the regular. The + is just massively tall. I have long fingers but still wondering if maybe the 5.8" would give me an overall better experience.

Anyone else unsure of themselves like me? I'm wondering what the ratio is to people pre-order regular vs +? Can't really post a poll since the forums are separated people would skew the vote based on the forum I post it in.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered the + from T-Mobile. Currently have an iPhone 7 Plus. Now I'm having doubts if maybe I should have went with the regular. The + is just massively tall. I have long fingers but still wondering if maybe the 5.8" would give me an overall better experience.

Anyone else unsure of themselves like me? I'm wondering what the ratio is to people pre-order regular vs +? Can't really post a poll since the forums are separated people would skew the vote based on the forum I post it in.

From the videos I've watched, it is only a couple of mm taller than the iPhone. Shouldn't be a stretch. I have the note 5 and it is about the same size as well.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I preordered this morning and then went to Best Buy just awhile ago where they had both S8 and S8+ on display.

After playing with both for about half an hour I'm happy to say I'm good with the S8+

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I went to BestBuy on 5th Avenue in NYC right after the Samsung event was over and was surprised that they had the phones out already. The S8+ is a hair wider than my current S6 edge (the S8 is actually a little narrower than my S6 edge). Yes, it is taller but because it is not so wide it fits comfortably in my hands. My hands are not that large but I had no real issues navigating the screen with one hand. I put the phone in my front pants pocket and the pocket of my dress shirt and it fit fine. It did stick out of the top of my back pocket a little - but I never really keep my phone there. No second thoughts for me.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

I think you won't regret choosing the one with the bigger battery. So far for all those phones with a bigger and smaller version, the battery life will be much better on the bigger one even if the screen is bigger.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I preordered this morning and then went to Best Buy just awhile ago where they had both S8 and S8+ on display.

After playing with both for about half an hour I'm happy to say I'm good with the S8+

I'm with you. Went to Best Buy and they had an actual 8+ and 8 I could play with. It was an easy decision to get the 8+. Reminds me of the size of the Note 7. I put it in my front jeans pocket, and it fit great. I pre-ordered it on the spot. Got $100 off and a free VR for pre-ordering at best buy

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm second guessing the screen size after realizing that the screen is the same size as the screen on the Nintendo Switch.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I had a hard time at first too. Thought the S8+ was gonna be massive. In reality the S8 is smaller than the S7e and the S8+ is very comparable to the IPhone 7+. I went with the + and I'm very happy with the decision Watch:

https://youtu.be/01UBNNYOb1U

That's why I went with the Plus. I didn't want a phone teh same size or smaller than the s7 edge I currently have which i think is too small.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all you guys who mentioned Best buy have them on display. I know where I'll be heading to tonight after work. Preordered the s8+. Pretty sure I'm going to fine with the size, as I use large phones for a long time and love it.

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you. Went to Best Buy and they had an actual 8+ and 8 I could play with. It was an easy decision to get the 8+. Reminds me of the size of the Note 7. I put it in my front jeans pocket, and it fit great. I pre-ordered it on the spot. Got $100 off and a free VR for pre-ordering at best buy

So you changed carriers too? Thought they only offered the discount to new subscribers?

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that's preventing me from preordering the S8+ is waiting out for the Note 8. Ugh such a long wait.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So you changed carriers too? Thought they only offered the discount to new subscribers?

I didn't change carriers. They didn't say anything about that. The guy at the Samsung bar, and two separate employees told me I would get $100 off, plus the VR. It wouldn't be the first time these people are wrong about stuff, so I hope you're wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that's preventing me from preordering the S8+ is waiting out for the Note 8. Ugh such a long wait.

I figure it's about a $300-$400 decision, if I had the S8+ for 6 months or so and ended up getting the Note 8. If I had to pay off the S8+, trade in my S8+, and then pay the taxes on the Note 8, that's roughly what it would cost. To me, that's worth it. I had the Note 7, and while I like the S7 Edge, it isn't what I wanted from the start. It was the only good choice after turning in the Note 7, and the rub was I had to step back in time with an older phone on an older OS. I use my phone for business as much or more than any other tool, so for me it's really pretty easy to justify

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
So, I was second guessing myself also...ordered the Plus this morning because I couldn't decide last night...all I did all day was question if I should have ordered the regular s8. My favorite phone of all has been the Samsung s6 edge+, which was actually sized between the s8 and s8+....definitely thinner though at 6.9mm.

I did try out the s7 edge when it was released and it was too small...no way I was going to make the same mistake again, I'm glad I went with the bigger phone..