05-31-2017 09:38 PM
141 12345 ...
tools
    I like a larger screen but hate a larger phone because I carry my phone in my shirt pocket and large phones are both heavy and large. I guess I need to take a look at both and see which will work best for me.
    04-02-2017 10:42 AM
    The LG G6 has clean strong lines and thick frame leans on the industrial side. Bezels down to a minimum and screen framed with the right amount of chin. Silver has a business classy look to me while the murdered out black reminds me of my LG G2 days and very nice too.

You say the S8 UI looks clean but can't understand how you can say that compared to the G6. The G6 would be closer to stock android look over the S8. It's not as "touchwizzy" as previous so guess that is clean. The camera UI on the G is so much nicer and well thought out than the S8, utilizing the 2:1 better with thumbnail shots of pics taken over the S8 camera interface.

The S8 has got that sleek all curve look that does look like the phone should be displayed in the Guggenheim. It looks and feels delicate. Not sure if it'll handle a drop or how many drops you'll get away before something happens. I don't even know if it will handle a iphone bend/butt test even though I would never I'm just amazed how many women mainly I see doing so. It's a beautiful phone. After holding the phone I am not as against the curves as I was before. But I still have my reservations on it. And I really love using tempered glass screens :/

I think LG really nailed it with the design and if the reviews remain as positive on performance then great timing with S8 release because with two solid phones,they are a contrast to each other... a ying to yang... it will come down to aesthetics. Samsung is targeting 60 million units... LG sold 3 million G2s and 10 million G3s and can only guess spotty in years later. LG has a habit of reducing price and by summer if at under $500... they will hit their numbers.

Samsung Galaxy S8 or LG G6?-g6-review-22.jpg

The design of the s8 looks more sophisticated in my opinion. The UI looks clean too.
    04-02-2017 12:07 PM
    Had the G6 for less than 24 hours and returned it. Didn't care for the camera. S8 is on order now.
    Was that the only reason? I was looking forward to this phone and now that I've had it for 3 days, I'm considering returning it too. Having trouble getting into the phone.
    04-02-2017 06:17 PM
    Was that the only reason? I was looking forward to this phone and now that I've had it for 3 days, I'm considering returning it too. Having trouble getting into the phone.
    Yes, that was the only reason. The phone was fine otherwise and I'm a big LG fan but I'm no longer accepting of their outdated camera sensors. LG has probably lost my business for a while because I have every intention of getting the Note 8 later this year.
    04-02-2017 06:31 PM
    Both are good phones but I think Samsung S8 wins on this one from its subtle and little features

- S8 = Gorilla Glass 5; G6 = Gorilla Glass 3
    - S8 = 64GB Storage; G6 = 32GB Storage
    - S8 = More controllable AOD (ex. music player); G6 = Regular AOD
    - S8 = Bigger screen size; G6 = Small screen size

Little things that matter
    04-02-2017 10:54 PM
    I went into TMobile​ yesterday to see the G6 in person. I didn't know that they were going to have the S8/+ as well, so it was nice to compare phones. I'm a big LG fan and I usually have trouble with Samsung's software, so going in I was really leaning toward the G6. I ended up preordering the S8 though. Samsung's phones this year are something to behold. The screens are bright and beautiful, and the way they melt into the sides is almost too good to be true. Samsung also showcases their phones better, for display. The stock wallpapers are eye catching. One thing that didn't impress me, though, was the haptic feedback on the home button. I'm coming from the iPhone 7+ whose "not a button" is so good it actually convinced me that I was physically pressing something. Samsung's is as lazy and slow as slow as it's always been. It's like they didn't even try, and I'm hoping I'll be able to turn it off immediately once I get my phone.
    04-03-2017 12:18 AM
    I went into TMobile​ yesterday to see the G6 in person. I didn't know that they were going to have the S8/+ as well, so it was nice to compare phones. I'm a big LG fan and I usually have trouble with Samsung's software, so going in I was really leaning toward the G6. I ended up preordering the S8 though. Samsung's phones this year are something to behold. The screens are bright and beautiful, and the way they melt into the sides is almost too good to be true. Samsung also showcases their phones better, for display. The stock wallpapers are eye catching. One thing that didn't impress me, though, was the haptic feedback on the home button. I'm coming from the iPhone 7+ whose "not a button" is so good it actually convinced me that I was physically pressing something. Samsung's is as lazy and slow as slow as it's always been. It's like they didn't even try, and I'm hoping I'll be able to turn it off immediately once I get my phone.
    A agree with you about the beauty of the s8. The lg looks like a last generation phone next to it.
    lrrowley and Leslie Hatcher like this.
    04-03-2017 12:28 AM
    A agree with you about the beauty of the s8. The lg looks like a last generation phone next to it.
    It really kind of does. It doesn't help that T-Mobile had it off to the side with all of LG's cheap phones. It didn't really stand out.
    04-03-2017 01:01 AM
    Nothing wrong with G6. But S8 is better (IMHO).
    04-03-2017 03:59 AM
    I'd go for LG G6. I don't really like the curved screen. Makes the phone fragile. I don't have to worry about holding the LG G6. And other reason is the camera.
    04-03-2017 04:24 AM
    How's the battery life so far for G6 owners?
    04-03-2017 04:35 AM
    I'm holding on to my S7 until the next release. Good luck with a tempered glass screen protector with that curved junk. Curved phones look dorky in cases also. Big Pass, but if I had to I'd go G6.
    04-03-2017 05:58 AM
    I think they are both top phones. The reason I lean towards Samsung mostly now is because most newer phones are hard ( maybe impossible ) to root. With Package Disabler Pro from Samsung I can freeze whatever I want and still have the ability to use Samsung Pay. Also my warranty stays intact
    04-03-2017 08:24 AM
    My one and only experience with LG was a poor one with the G3. GPS never locked on, and couldn't stream in admittedly poor reception areas like I now can with my S7 Edge. Friends who had the G3 also had both these issues. Never again, LG.
    04-03-2017 09:01 AM
    I think L has a better ways to keep phones updated vs Sammy plus I will take extra 300 mah
    04-03-2017 10:10 AM
    It's a hard choice but with Snapdragon 835, I might be leaning towards the S8...
    04-03-2017 05:30 PM
    Two words: Samsung Pay.

I could list 50 other reasons I prefer the S8, but that's a deal breaker.
    washuai likes this.
    04-03-2017 05:51 PM
    Two words: Samsung Pay.

I could list 50 other reasons I prefer the S8, but that's a deal breaker.
    SP is the best hands down. During the 4x points promo in December and January I was able to get 5 $50 Samsung gift cards.
    04-03-2017 06:02 PM
    I got the G6. The dual cameras are amazing! I love the wide angle lens. I don't know why more phones don't come with a wide angle camera.
    04-03-2017 06:53 PM
    04-03-2017 09:53 PM
    The curved screen looks amazing on an s8 but how would it look in a case. I know my luck and I wont use a phone without any protection.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.andro...es-761066/amp/

Really I'd like a tpu case to show off the beauty of the phone.
    But I think the g6 may look better in a slim fit case
    04-04-2017 07:57 AM
    The curved screen looks amazing on an s8 but how would it look in a case. I know my luck and I wont use a phone without any protection.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.andro...es-761066/amp/

Really I'd like a tpu case to show off the beauty of the phone.
    But I think the g6 may look better in a slim fit case
    The g6 won't look better.
    04-04-2017 09:28 AM

Here is the video comparison s8 Vs G6
    G6 wins hands down with more natural colors and sharpness
    If u notice the fire alarm switch writing looks black in g6 but grey in s8
    Newaz it will all come down to personal preference
    04-04-2017 11:28 AM
    The g6 won't look better.
    G6 will look better
    04-04-2017 11:29 AM
    G6 will look better
    Matter of opinion, and that will differ person to person.
    04-04-2017 11:49 AM
141 12345 ...