04-01-2017 05:35 PM
58 123
tools
    I just got back from Best Buy. Very nice phones! The murdered out black S8+ really took me back to my Note 7. I'm getting one for my wife but I'll wait for the Note 8.
    I definitely plan to Jump right into the Note 8 when its available
    biscuit1896 likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:34 PM
    What do you think? What were your first impressions? What were your favorite features?
    03-30-2017 08:54 PM
    Beautiful display, fluid movement among apps and screens, fast decent camera
    03-30-2017 09:10 PM
    What do you think? What were your first impressions? What were your favorite features?
    First Impressions were like I said before are it feels big in the hand but not unwieldy. The display is a work of beauty honestly, the software is also a lot smoother than previous iterations and it may seem weird, but the software just feels lighter than the s7 and more like stock android. My main and biggest gripe is the fingerprint scanner is impossible to use unless you use two hands or hold the middle of the phone and reach up, if you hold it from the bottom you will not even be close to reaching the scanner. And on the subject of the scanner you will end up tapping the camera instead of the sensor alot so be prepared for that.
    03-30-2017 10:38 PM
    Got a chance to play with the S8 and S8+ at BB. WOW what beautiful design and build. The software is soooo smoooth. Not a hiccup or slow down. It was every bit as smooth as my Pixel XL.
    No false touches at all they have perfected the curves. It is not as pronounced as the S7 edge and really you don't even notice the curved edges when holding the S8.

My only con was the FPS....gonna take some getting used to the location.
    I am right handed but pick up my phones with my left hand and use my right hand to touch the screen.
    I had a hard time getting my fingers to find the FPS. Gonna have to switch hands as the FPS is easier to reach with my right hand. I hope the facial software really works.

Overall i am glad I preordered the S8+ Orchid Gray as that color is soo nice!
    03-30-2017 10:44 PM
    Yeah, the speed was totally unexpected for me, I don't own a pixel but my friend does so I have used it a few times and the speed is quite comparable. And I totally agree, when I first held it I didn't even notice it had edges at all so Samsung really outdid themselves there.

And with the fps I think that will be a gripe for almost everyone just because it is so unintuitive. On the brightside, the facial software is quite good, I have never used the note 7 so I can't compare it to that, but this is very fast, though you do have to hold it right in front of your face so that could annoy some people.
    03-31-2017 12:04 AM
    Yeah, the speed was totally unexpected for me, I don't own a pixel but my friend does so I have used it a few times and the speed is quite comparable. And I totally agree, when I first held it I didn't even notice it had edges at all so Samsung really outdid themselves there.

And with the fps I think that will be a gripe for almost everyone just because it is so unintuitive. On the brightside, the facial software is quite good, I have never used the note 7 so I can't compare it to that, but this is very fast, though you do have to hold it right in front of your face so that could annoy some people.
    Did it have a notification light?
    03-31-2017 12:35 AM
    Got a chance to play with the S8 and S8+ at BB. WOW what beautiful design and build. The software is soooo smoooth. Not a hiccup or slow down. It was every bit as smooth as my Pixel XL.
    No false touches at all they have perfected the curves. It is not as pronounced as the S7 edge and really you don't even notice the curved edges when holding the S8.

My only con was the FPS....gonna take some getting used to the location.
    I am right handed but pick up my phones with my left hand and use my right hand to touch the screen.
    I had a hard time getting my fingers to find the FPS. Gonna have to switch hands as the FPS is easier to reach with my right hand. I hope the facial software really works.

Overall i am glad I preordered the S8+ Orchid Gray as that color is soo nice!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...69f28d5b64.jpg

Are those the Plus versions of both phones?
    03-31-2017 10:24 AM
    Are those the Plus versions of both phones?
    Yes the S8+ and iphone 7+ side by side
    03-31-2017 10:46 AM
    Yes the S8+ and iphone 7+ side by side
    Thanks! I have the 7 Plus now, and trying to decide if I wanna jump to the S8 or S8+. Or maybe just stick with what I've got for now. The S8's both seem really nice, but I'm not necessarily unhappy with my 7 Plus.
    ecr80 likes this.
    03-31-2017 10:48 AM
    WOW That's great. I thought the release wasn't until September, 2017.
    03-31-2017 11:30 AM
    I played with one at Verizon today and while it's a nice phone, it wasn't compelling me to dump my S7 edge. I'm waiting for the Note 8.
    03-31-2017 11:53 AM
    I just got back from Best Buy. Very nice phones! The murdered out black S8+ really took me back to my Note 7. I'm getting one for my wife but I'll wait for the Note 8.
    Murdered out? Lol. People still say that?
    03-31-2017 12:24 PM
    Got to play around with the two new phones today at BB... I definitely prefer the +!! Great screen!!! Very impressed... Thinking strongly about trading in my V20 for this, but still undecided...
    03-31-2017 12:47 PM
    YOU must be thinking of iphone 8 plus which in sept will show.
    03-31-2017 12:58 PM
    Yes there is, the light is on the top left side of the phone like on previous galaxies.
    03-31-2017 01:59 PM
    Went to Best buy this morning with every intention to pre-order. After playing with them for about a half hour, I dont know what it was but I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. I left without ordering. Just sold my Nexus 6P and Note 5 for the S8 + but I'm gonna a pass. Mate 9 is doing me really good.

My impressions otherwise

Samsung did a great job here but not enough to charm me for $850 when the Note 8 is coming right behind it. I always get the Note series.They almost had me though. LOL

I see some people saying that the S8+ is too big but in a weird way it was too small for me. I am used to Notes and currently use the Mate 9. I have attached a picture for comparison. They are the same height but the S8+is narrower.

FYI for those on ATT there is a promotion going on at Best Buy that includes the S8 /S8 + pre order. It's buy one get one with Next activation until tomorrow only. I didn't believe him but it was confirmed by The Samsung rep as well as the ATT rep and even a phone call made to ATT when in store. It's not just for the S8 but they confirmed that both S8s are included.
    Attached Thumbnails I Just got to use a s8 plus-1297457411.jpg  
    03-31-2017 02:30 PM
    Sorry forgot the photo
    Attached Thumbnails I Just got to use a s8 plus-776097694.jpg  
    03-31-2017 02:32 PM
    thanks EV C.... would have loved to see an even side by side . lol... I also am feeling the same as you. my Mate 9 is the best phone iv'e ever owned and plan on keeping. the FPS is a big selling point for me as i use it offen(banking-unlocking-buying) and so forth. why samsung put it next to the camera is mind boggling. so next years s9+ id expect that fixed and a less taller phone. looking forward to the Note 8 (lets hope htey don't screw that up)!!!
    03-31-2017 02:46 PM
    Got to play around with the two new phones today at BB... I definitely prefer the +!! Great screen!!! Very impressed... Thinking strongly about trading in my V20 for this, but still undecided...
    Do it haaaa !!!!

My V20 has been wonderful but come this April 21st ....... it'll be my backup to the S8+
    03-31-2017 03:12 PM
    Lol!!! We'll see but I'm strongly considering it...
    03-31-2017 03:26 PM
    thanks EV C.... would have loved to see an even side by side . lol... I also am feeling the same as you. my Mate 9 is the best phone iv'e ever owned and plan on keeping. the FPS is a big selling point for me as i use it offen(banking-unlocking-buying) and so forth. why samsung put it next to the camera is mind boggling. so next years s9+ id expect that fixed and a less taller phone. looking forward to the Note 8 (lets hope htey don't screw that up)!!!
    Yeah I apologize that they were not exactly sided by side. My initial intent of the photo was not to share but to talk myself out of the desire to get the S8 + by comparing the screens. It worked. LOL
    freddyttt likes this.
    04-01-2017 06:57 AM
    I went and looked at the S8s at Best Buy yesterday and I'm glad I got the G6 over the S8+. My fingers really strained to reach the fingerprint sensor on the S8+! What was Samsung thinking when they placed it there?

For those of you getting it, it's a great phone. Go to Best Buy and look at it. But for me, it's a pass.
    04-01-2017 08:35 AM
    Is it the same width as iPhone 7plus?

I know it's more screen because of no side bezels. Was just wondering about width.
    04-01-2017 08:45 AM
    Should have gotten s8
    04-01-2017 09:04 AM
58 123