I've used an S8+, ask away

V6Hawk

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
With regards to notifications: have you seen them in action; are they easily missed? What is the quality of the LED?

I love the G6 but its lack of LED notifications makes me also look at the GS8 for future considerations.

I didn't get to see it in action because his phone was a pre-production model. I'll check our demo out!

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...that fingerprint scanner is a bit off....guess they ran out of time for the pressure fingerprint unlock under the screen or may come with the note 8

Synaptics is the company that has the under screen finger print sensor. Agree it may make it in the Note 8 & maybe the iPhone 8? What will be interesting is if Apple will mess with it. They do not typically take risks with new hardware. But all the news points to them placing an order for oled screens from Samsung. So if their screens are ordered, they may as well have a fps on the back of their device if it still not ready for the mass market.

Area Touch and Swipe Fingerprint Sensors | Natural ID | Synaptics

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I am going to miss double tapping the home button for camera. Power button isn't nearly as fast for me. :(

And this whole picture to unlock thing is a non issue. If you really want a secure phone you will use passcode and not iris scanner or fingerprint. Both of which are defeated by bad people. Choose the level you are comfortable with.

How do you spoof the iris scanner? Those are almost impossible to spoof. Passcodes can be stolen.

V6Hawk

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Totally off topic, but nice avatar! I had a black 02 Firehawk for several years. Fun cars!
Thanks man! My buddy has an 02 hawk with the IROC spoiler and it makes me drool. I wish I never sold that hood. I have a 10 2SS/RS now. Still miss my bird though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36