Best Buy has display models!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Samsung really did a nice job with this phone. With that being said, how do the curves feel? Are they similar to the note 7? I loved the feel of the note 7 in hand when i played with one. How do the curves compare to the s7 edge?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung really did a nice job with this phone. With that being said, how do the curves feel? Are they similar to the note 7? I loved the feel of the note 7 in hand when i played with one. How do the curves compare to the s7 edge?
The curves might be better than the Note 7. It's an incredible device in person.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried very , very hard to convince myself also about this exact same thing regarding my V20 but to no avail haaaaaa !!!

I figured why fight it and just simply enjoy the anticipation the next few weeks and then the exctasy of unboxing a brand new S8+ whooohooooo !!!!

Unboxing is the best. The suction of the box as you try to pry it open. Peeling the film off the display. Can't beat it lol.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Just got back from bestbuy. OMG OMG. these phones are so much nicer in person. Hands down the best that Samsung has made yet. S8 is smaller than my S7 Edge and S8 Plus is just tiny taller than S7 Edge. Simply crazy. Love the on screen buttons. Display is awesome. I wanted one soooo bad but I really want Note 8.

I got home and still amazed how awesome they look and feel. Great great phones.

I'm holding S8 Plus by the way.

a07ace487c8725a244c52bd42ab51acc.jpg

cf3b7eceecc43171f156a58691879430.jpg

06d918faf8fe44bdef394e1cdd9f04da.jpg

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from bestbuy. OMG OMG. these phones are so much nicer in person. Hands down the best that Samsung has made yet. S8 is smaller than my S7 Edge and S8 Plus is just tiny taller than S7 Edge. Simply crazy. Love the on screen buttons. Display is awesome. I wanted one soooo bad but I really want Note 8.

When I played with them it surprised me that the 8+ didn't seem as much larger than my S7E as I was thinking it would be. My phone just keep getting slightly larger every time I get a new one...

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Whatever you do don't take your significant other with you. I stopped by Best Buy today to look at the phones and my GF saw the S8 and said 'don't you have that on order? I want it". So now it appears my S8 Silver that I ordered for $650 will be going to her and I'm going to have to Jump my line.

You're lucky lol. My wife just says you don't need another new phone. I tried to get her over to the dark side and get her new phones but she's resistant to change. But then again... That allows me to use her lines for upgrades since her phone is paid off hehehe.

I also like black phones and use a case. Then I say.... Babe this is the black phone I've always had :)

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I stopped by my Best Buy because I had to see it with my own eyes and jeez, I fell in love with the screen even more than I thought it would. Watching the demo of the Infinity display and the video - it is so immersive. There is something more about this screen. I think it's the way it's curved and also the curved corners, but the screen seems to not suffer from much distortion on the edges at all the way it is designed - at least with my eyes. It's hard to describe, but there was something just really beautiful about the phone. It's like a plate of glass. Removing the physical button and most of the bezel makes it looks out of this world.

Some observations - the width is almost the same as my S7e and it's just about half inch taller? Felt really good in the hand. Since I hold my phone with my left hand usually, I was afraid that it would be awkward for the fingerprint reader, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't think I have to worry about fingerprint smudges on the camera lens.

Also, I wanted to test out the "hidden" home button at the bottom. Has anyone tried it? The home button can sense pressure and it gives a hepatic feedback if you push down on it. That is, you can touch it, or you can really press down and you will feel a click down and up, like a real button - not unlike the button on the iPhone7 but on the screen instead. I love it.

Quite a number of people came to look at the phone and ask questions while I was there and they said that have taken a lot of pre-orders already.

Anyway, my obligatory photos! :)

20170401_185314-s.jpg

20170401_185832-s.jpg

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I though real hard about the V20, then decided to hold on to my Note 5. Glad I waited, because as soon as I saw the live screen S8+, that was a big sigh of relief.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I forgot I still have my Note 7 cases in the back of my van. I'm going to take those cases in to Best Buy and hold them next to the S8 Plus to compare size

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried very , very hard to convince myself also about this exact same thing regarding my V20 but to no avail haaaaaa !!!

I figured why fight it and just simply enjoy the anticipation the next few weeks and then the exctasy of unboxing a brand new S8+ whooohooooo !!!!
I have a v20 as a backup-just got it a few days ago so Illbhavenitnand the s8 plus. I like havung a really good back up just in case something goes wrong with the new one, or with my two teen's phones

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I had lots of mental conversations with myself about how I was going to hold onto my V20 until the Note 8.

As soon as I saw the S8+ I knew it was all over
I kept saying I was waiting for the note 8 and I made the mistake of telling the Samsung rep that. He tells me that as of right now there will be no note 8. That pushed me to go with the 8 plus. Now I'm seeing on the forum that supposedly Samsung confirmed the note 8.😤😣

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I kept saying I was waiting for the note 8 and I made the mistake of telling the Samsung rep that. He tells me that as of right now there will be no note 8. That pushed me to go with the 8 plus. Now I'm seeing on the forum that supposedly Samsung confirmed the note 8.😤😣
Hehehe, you fell for his sale trap. I saw the phones yesterday. I had to drag myself out of the store screaming and kicking lol. I wanted one badly but I must wait for Note 8. Say it with me, MUST WAIT FOR NOTE 8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
First of all don't believe anything reps tell you about whether a phone will or will not be available lol they don't know what they're talking about they just seem to enjoy spreading rumors

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hehehe, you fell for his sale trap. I saw the phones yesterday. I had to drag myself out of the store screaming and kicking lol. I wanted one badly but I must wait for Note 8. Say it with me, MUST WAIT FOR NOTE 8.
Must wait for the note 9 now. 😂😂
First of all don't believe anything reps tell you about whether a phone will or will not be available lol they don't know what they're talking about they just seem to enjoy spreading rumors
I did ask him if he was just telling me that to get me to order this phone. I should have just went and sat in the car while my sister ordered hers.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they work on some sort of commission or incentive to sell the devices and/or get new lines activated ;-)
I know. I can't really blame him because I wanted the phone anyway and I probably would have still gotten it even if he hadn't lied. 😂

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I kept saying I was waiting for the note 8 and I made the mistake of telling the Samsung rep that. He tells me that as of right now there will be no note 8. That pushed me to go with the 8 plus. Now I'm seeing on the forum that supposedly Samsung confirmed the note 8.????????????

Samsung has confirmed on their Facebook there will be a Note 8, but has given no other details in response to comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy