Best Buy has display models!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
someone else did comparison on site here and s8 plus is larger in all respects.
I did have it next to my v20. Let me dig up that pboto
058edfb2fbdebef186eb159c30eb5b43.jpg

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I was opposite with impression. Fully expected to be blown away, but did not like the stretched display. The 8+ is actually a thinner display than the Note 4. I find that due to both the thinner width and curve, games and web content are presented better on the Note 4 than 8+. Not only is the display curved on the edges, it is curved on the corners. The G6 is stretched, but no corner curves.

Factor in the display is still Pentile, I will stick with my Note 4 as a phone and the S7 for Gear VR.

Yep, both devices will sell great, but for now will stick with the Note 4. Makes me miss the Note 7 even more now.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was opposite with impression. Fully expected to be blown away, but did not like the stretched display. The 8+ is actually a thinner display than the Note 4. I find that due to both the thinner width and curve, games and web content are presented better on the Note 4 than 8+. Not only is the display curved on the edges, it is curved on the corners.

Factor in the display is still Pentile, I will stick with my Note 4 as a phone and the S7 for Gear VR.

Yep, both devices will sell great, but for now will stick with the Note 4. Makes me miss the Note 7 even more now.
Note 4 is nice with removable battery. Thays why ill probably keep my LG v20

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I kept saying I was waiting for the note 8 and I made the mistake of telling the Samsung rep that. He tells me that as of right now there will be no note 8. That pushed me to go with the 8 plus. Now I'm seeing on the forum that supposedly Samsung confirmed the note 8.😤😣
Maybe the Note 8 finally ditches Pentile. Then again, if you don't use Gear VR, no harm no foul if Pentile.
The actual display width is thinner than the other Notes. Seems less usable overall, but JMO.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I kept saying I was waiting for the note 8 and I made the mistake of telling the Samsung rep that. He tells me that as of right now there will be no note 8. That pushed me to go with the 8 plus. Now I'm seeing on the forum that supposedly Samsung confirmed the note 8.😤😣

lol....he got you to buy a S8 Plus.....

Samsung has confirmed there will be a Note 8

"I will bring back a better, safer and very innovative Note 8," Koh said.

https://www.cnet.com/au/news/why-samsung-galaxy-note-8-note-7-fire-overheat/

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Beautiful phone. But must.....Wait....For...... Note......8.....lol

Attachments

• IMG_20170401_105858.jpg
    IMG_20170401_105858.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 49

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
First of all don't believe anything reps tell you about whether a phone will or will not be available lol they don't know what they're talking about they just seem to enjoy spreading rumors

Exactly! Infact, we have more knowledge anyway. Never have I asked any questions when going to Best Buy. Just price lol.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got my hands on the 8+ at the Best Buy in town, and I gotta say I was less than thrilled. It's a great looking device for sure, but coming from a Nexus 6 now, the tall screen just didn't do it for me. It's no wider than the GS7 Edge, so the larger 6.2" dimension really didn't make it look any more immersive to me. Side by side with my N6 the screen was plenty taller, but still looked smaller overall since it's much more narrow.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I held an S8 and an S8+ in my hands today at BestBuy... I'm very happy that I pre-ordered the S8+. It felt so good.

And of course their Samsung reps where all over me... I did forget to look at the screen settings they had for the demo's, but I'm absolutely positive they cranked up the resolution over what comes out of the box... it was very, very sweet.

I did check a number of things out and explained to the sales rep about a few things she had not heard about... including being able to switch the order of the buttons at the bottom of the screen. :cool:

They were set to 1440p on the display models. I changed the one I was using down to 1080 just to see how it would look and honestly could not tell a difference. Even at the lowest dpi setting and second to lowest sized text setting. I'm used to 1080p phones after rocking a Xiaomi Mi Mix, Mate 9, P9 and some other Chinese phones at 1080p though.

I'd also like to say that the fingerprint sensor location wasn't bad for me. I do hold the phone in my left hand 90% of the time and it was easily reachable. Having a case on will actually help pinpoint the location of it without looking as well.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got my hands on the 8+ at the Best Buy in town, and I gotta say I was less than thrilled. It's a great looking device for sure, but coming from a Nexus 6 now, the tall screen just didn't do it for me. It's no wider than the GS7 Edge, so the larger 6.2" dimension really didn't make it look any more immersive to me. Side by side with my N6 the screen was plenty taller, but still looked smaller overall since it's much more narrow.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I have the Nexus 6 as well and felt the same way....Even though that screen is indeed Beautiful. I think the Note 8 will be wider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm