Best Preorder deal?

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am on Verizon. When I bought my Note7 from Sams Club I bought square trade at the same time. They gave me a 150 store card. When I returned the note7, they refunded my square trade purchase, and I got to keep the 150 store card.

So I preordered from Sams Club and they are giving me another 150 store card. They will also give me the vr set from samsung.

If I preorder from samsung, I can still get the vr set free, or pay an extra 100 and get the oculus package with a 256gb card and premium headphones by AKG.

The 256 gb card and the headphones looks like a pretty good deal. Do you think I could get it from Sams, and when I file the claim for my vr I could pay the 100 then to get the sd card and the head phones?

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
BestBuy is discounting the S8+ to $716 ($29.83 x 24 months). I ended up pre-ordering mine from Verizon even though the S8+ was $840 ($35 x 24 months) because I got a $360 credit ($15/month) for trading in my phone on a promotion which was $215 more than I could otherwise get for my old phone.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
On AT&T I bought the S8+ and got the new S8 free. Two phones. They are offering a $750 dollar credit when you buy an S8.

Pretty good deal for me. I got my daughter a new S8. She doesn't know she's getting. :cool:

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
On AT&T I bought the S8+ and got the new S8 free. Two phones. They are offering a $750 dollar credit when you buy an S8.

Pretty good deal for me. I got my daughter a new S8. She doesn't know she's getting. :cool:

Yes they told me that today too. Only for ATT Next. They credit you back monthly on your bill.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
BestBuy is discounting the S8+ to $716 ($29.83 x 24 months). I ended up pre-ordering mine from Verizon even though the S8+ was $840 ($35 x 24 months) because I got a $360 credit ($15/month) for trading in my phone on a promotion which was $215 more than I could otherwise get for my old phone.
I tired that bit the Verizon site just wanted to give me $210 for me S7E.... I guess I didn't go far enough to get the proper discount. Oh well. I ordered from Best Buy.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Can you explain how you got the discount? Reason I ask is I tried to pre-order from Verizon. It asked what phone I was trading, but never gave me a discount amount. Thanks.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Can you explain how you got the discount? Reason I ask is I tried to pre-order from Verizon. It asked what phone I was trading, but never gave me a discount amount. Thanks.

Depends on if your on the unlimited plan and what devices. I. Getting 360 each for an s6 edge and Note 5. It will be a credit towards the price of the phone.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Depends on if your on the unlimited plan and what devices. I. Getting 360 each for an s6 edge and Note 5. It will be a credit towards the price of the phone.
I am on the new UDP. I want to get two S8's and one S8+. I would be trading in two S6's and one S6 Edge+.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No, you do the trade in during the checkout process if you use vzw website. They also send out an email, but who knows if the promo applies
Well looks like I have to call them. I even had chat walking me thru the order and was talking about the trade in, not one time did the two rep say do the trade in

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So If the pre-order was made with TMobile. You can't get the $99 headphones with Samsung reward? Or you can?
I really want those headphones.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Right now, Best Buy and Sams Club have the best preorder deal when not taking trades into account. Either $100 off the device or $150 gift plus you get the free gifts. My problem with Best Buy has always been their sketchy inventory on release day. At least in my area. And for Sams club, I've never actually followed through on a preorder. I completed a reservation online but it doesn't do anything with your account until you actually pick it up. So I've usually reserved and if something happened to my preorder elsewhere I would use Sams club as contingency. Never had to use thus far.

Last edited:

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried to pre-order at BB. No where during the process was I asked about a trade in. Any one else have a similar experience?

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Right now, Best Buy and Sams Club have the best preorder deal when not taking trades into account. Either $100 off the device or $150 gift plus you get the free gifts. My problem with Best Buy has always been there sketchy inventory on release day. At least in my area. An for Sams club, I've never actually followed through on a preorder. I completed a reservation online but it doesn't do anything with your account until you actually pick it up. So I've usually reserved and if something happened to my preorder elsewhere I would use Sams club and contingency. Never had to use thus far.

How did BB handle the note 7 recall?
Did they do full refund in store? Or was there problem's?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can. We will get info on how to redeem once we get the phones.

where did you see this? I did a JoD pre-order, and no one asked me about the deal.

Are you saying when you submit to Samsung for redemption you get a choice at that time to add the $99 version?

scott41373

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I preordered from At&t, but may cancel it and go back to Sam's club. I bought the Note 7 from them and got a $150 gift card, plus I could redeem the Samsung offer for the 256 GB SD card. If they are offering that again, it would totally be worth it.