Hey!

I assume there are screen protectors for these curved screens... does anyone have any experience with them (from previous curved phone models)?

Do they handle the curved edges well? Do they stay on or peel at edges?

Thanks!
    03-31-2017 11:06 AM
    From what I've seen its pretty limited to the type of screen protector you can use.
    I'm not sure if they have new designs out yet
    03-31-2017 12:00 PM
    My TAURI 2-pack S8 glass screen protectors shipped and I should be getting them tomorrow. I'll post pictures as soon as they arrive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5735608
    Shon123 and BioFanatic like this.
    03-31-2017 01:36 PM
    Hey!

I assume there are screen protectors for these curved screens... does anyone have any experience with them (from previous curved phone models)?

Do they handle the curved edges well? Do they stay on or peel at edges?

Thanks!
    Don't waste any money on tempered glass. At least not until you have it in hand and can check it out. I must have tried 7 different ones with the Galaxy S7 Edge and none of them would stick in the center. I'm using a wet install IQ Shield and it does protect the screen from scratches but it's not as good as a tempered glass screen protector of course
    Zendroid1 likes this.
    03-31-2017 02:23 PM
    Co-sign with the guy above me. After trying many TG on my S7 Edge, I'm going wet install only.
    03-31-2017 02:48 PM
    Don't waste any money on tempered glass. At least not until you have it in hand and can check it out. I must have tried 7 different ones with the Galaxy S7 Edge and none of them would stick in the center. I'm using a wet install IQ Shield and it does protect the screen from scratches but it's not as good as a tempered glass screen protector of course
    To be honest, I've never used a tempered glass screen protector, I've always been satisfied with a decent quality plastic protector. Perhaps I don't know what I'm missing, but I'm happy with it, haha.
    03-31-2017 07:44 PM
    Yeah you really don't know what you're missing

That will be the one big negative for me if I get an S8 probably not finding a tempered glass for it. I have yet to see a thread on the Edge forum that they can agree a quaiity tempered screen.

Tempered glass your fingers will glide across the screen like you we're on the actual display glass and crystal clear. It'll probably be really noticeable on Note phones using non-glass and the S-pen is dragging across the screen protector. But that's why they offer different tips depending on screen used.

Below is pic of glass on my iPhone 6... doesn't do it justice how crystal clear. And this on only costs $9 at Walmart (tzumi brand).
    http://tzumi.com/protect/

To be honest, I've never used a tempered glass screen protector, I've always been satisfied with a decent quality plastic protector. Perhaps I don't know what I'm missing, but I'm happy with it, haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Protectors for Curved Screen?-img_3118.jpg   Screen Protectors for Curved Screen?-img_3117.jpg  
    03-31-2017 11:08 PM
    I got the Tzumi ProGlass from Walmart. It works perfectly on the S7 and couldn't be easier to install. $10. It comes with cleaning accessories and a holder you put the phone in. Set the glass on the holder and it aligns it perfectly. No bubbles, no fingerprints, no problems. Hoping they come out with an S8 version.
    04-01-2017 02:12 AM
    I got the Tzumi ProGlass from Walmart. It works perfectly on the S7 and couldn't be easier to install. $10. It comes with cleaning accessories and a holder you put the phone in. Set the glass on the holder and it aligns it perfectly. No bubbles, no fingerprints, no problems. Hoping they come out with an S8 version.
    I second the screen protector from Walmart. Excellent quality.
    04-01-2017 02:47 AM
    The S7 didn't have the curved screen like the S8 does. There will be no glass protectors that will work with the S8.
    04-01-2017 02:14 PM
    Do a search in the S7 edge forum. Nothing works in tempered glass. I've tried a few myself. My screen has been marked ever since. Invest in a good case.
    04-01-2017 02:34 PM
    The S7 didn't have the curved screen like the S8 does. There will be no glass protectors that will work with the S8.
    There are many on amazon.
    04-01-2017 02:48 PM
    My TAURI 2-pack S8 glass screen protectors shipped and I should be getting them tomorrow. I'll post pictures as soon as they arrive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5737721
    Screen Protectors for Curved Screen?-img_0038.jpg

Screen Protectors for Curved Screen?-img_0039.jpg

Screen Protectors for Curved Screen?-img_0040.jpg

The curvature of the glass screen protector seems pretty good. More subtle than I thought it would be. No imperfections along the glass. Like I stated in another thread, I doubt the 'retail' versions that charge as much as $50 for one glass would be of any better quality than this.

But, let's hope it all adheres well to the phone when it comes in. At least I can see what it will likely look like, once it's in my hand.
    04-01-2017 03:38 PM
    If Tzumi is a good brand for a curved screen then I may have to look into it. Thanks for the heads up, guys! ☺
    04-01-2017 09:42 PM
    I have to agree with everyone that opposes screen protectors for curved screens. The problem with most of them is the lose of touch sensitivity in the middle of the screen. For many of them the adhesion is only along the top and bottom edges and nothing on the rest of the protector. So that means for a good part of the screen it's just not on the screen the way it should. Sure, they have a bunch listed on Amazon but them actually working is a different story. An easy way to test is before you put it on, pull up the keyboard and start typing at a fairly fast pace and notice how it picks up your every touch. Then put on the screen protector and do the same. The issue for most will be all of your touches aren't picked up. For just touching icons, probably won't notice. But it is through typing that you really have issues.
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    04-01-2017 09:52 PM
    Alpha Glass from Otterbox might be a good idea but I can't justify the cost of the screen protector and the case.
    04-01-2017 11:13 PM
    OtterBox is expensive, but given the cost of the phone and the disruption of breaking a phone, I think it's a somewhat foolish economy. Especially if you based your purchase on keeping the phone for two years...
    04-01-2017 11:59 PM
    The curved screen on the S8 is like the one on the Note 7. It is steeper than the S7 edge. In addition, the screen and body are flush. This makes it hard for screen protectors to stay on. I've tried Skinomi, IQ Shield, KlearKare, and ArmorSuit. None lasted longer than 2 weeks.
    04-02-2017 02:29 AM
    I found thst because the Glass variants have silicone / adhesive only on the top & bottom and some on the edges too leaving the main part adhesive Free this can cause a slight bounce when using the screen and pop off. Even more with some cases.

I've tried the variants that are square and don't cover the curved edges which have silicone all over but spoils the feel of using the edges as your left with a ridge all way around.

The Tpu ones imo spoil the feel of the screen with some giving a rainbow effect or orange peel effect.

I gave up and find that the Gorilla Glass actually holds up pretty well.
    04-02-2017 04:16 AM
    I have not had a tempered glass on my own device. I like ghost armor. Safer in a broken glass situation, than glass on top of glass. When I've gone to a ghost kiosk, I often see someone who left their shattered tempered failure while getting trusty polyurethane replacement. Stuff is super scratch resistant. Good if you want to go caseless with your phone, cover the whole thing in ghost armor and don't worry about scratches.
    04-02-2017 04:34 AM