04-22-2017 02:18 PM
2,037 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I got shipping in just now...

http://i.imgur.com/MANxJEfb.jpg
    How does MyUPS work? I created an account with my name and address. Do I have to enroll in the UPS My Choice program? I've read in a lot of places that MyUPS notifies you if a shipping label is created with my address. Is that true?
    04-13-2017 06:25 PM
    Got my text at 3:23 it said my order will ship by the 18th and not the 19th liking this message

Get ready! The Samsung Galaxy S8 releases April 21st. We’re packing your T-Mobile order #S0 so you might see applicable charges on your card. We will start shipping on April 18th, prior to its release. So I'm happy
    04-13-2017 06:26 PM
    yep and watch it sit and rot for 5 days before being shipped. but hey at least you got something. verizon, still no update
    Verizon will ship probably 2 days before the release date. Some will get a day early .. others on release date. Normal protocol for them :P.
    04-13-2017 06:28 PM
    Verizon will ship probably 2 days before the release date. Some will get a day early .. others on release date. Normal protocol for them :P.
    ugh that sucks, i hope it comes on my day off which is Wednesday but i doubt it. do you know which shipping carrier verizon uses?
    04-13-2017 06:34 PM
    ugh that sucks, i hope it comes on my day off which is Wednesday but i doubt it. do you know which shipping carrier verizon uses?
    Every time I have used them and from seeing others use them it is always FedEx.
    Leslie Hatcher likes this.
    04-13-2017 06:40 PM
    How does MyUPS work? I created an account with my name and address. Do I have to enroll in the UPS My Choice program? I've read in a lot of places that MyUPS notifies you if a shipping label is created with my address. Is that true?
    It does and it lets you pickup at ups stores instead
    04-13-2017 06:41 PM
    I got the text from tmo today with a shipping date of 4/18. Makes me happy just to know my order didn't get lost. I've never had that happen with tmo but I admit it had crossed my mind.
    04-13-2017 06:45 PM
    I totally get this side of the argument. However, what are your other options in this particular pre-order issue?
    Well if it plays out like the Note 7 I would have no problem using the S8+ until the day before my buyer's remorse is over and then returning it and ordering one straight from Samsung.
    04-13-2017 06:45 PM
    Yes..... enroll in the choice program. Then you can setup notices and and alerts.
    amyf27 and anon(782252) like this.
    04-13-2017 06:47 PM
    well...i didn't say it was going to be delivered tomorrow.....
    Honestly some of you guys need to relax a little ;-)

i was trying to make a joke out of it so dont get triggered bud. you relax
    jamezr, teristark, ClintRo and 1 others like this.
    04-13-2017 07:03 PM
    Are you the old guy that yells at all the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn??
    I just say Alexa, trigger get off my lawn..?Then I watch as the sprinklers come on and spray the owner and their dog who is sh!ting on my lawn.
    04-13-2017 07:41 PM
    I'm not old.

I don't yell. I just open the door with my AR on my shoulder. They usually get the hint.
    AR's are "illegal" in MA now. Sorry off topic.
    04-13-2017 07:43 PM
    AR's are "illegal" in MA now. Sorry off topic.
    Walk down the street in Texas with them on your shoulder.
    Arsenio Martins and teristark like this.
    04-13-2017 07:47 PM
    I've already contacted my CC company and have in writing from them that if Tmobile does wait until next week to actually ship, they are in violation of the merchant agreement.

If that happens, I will be sending a copy of that to T-Mobile and asking for an explanation and seeking compensation.

If they want to continue to play games, I'll return my V20, when that clears, I'll return the S8+ under the buyers remorse, then be clear of my JoD and order a phone from Samsung.
    I would imagine the reason they have to charge a cc is because when you preorder they probably send it to the shipping company or a distribution company that in turn sends it to the shipping company. With a massive preorder which I would think this is thats the reason they have to do it this way to make sure all the phones get shipped out the 18th or 19th. They probably can't hand off the phone to the shipping/distribution unless they charged you. I'm sure if you called up T-Mobile and ordered a phone that has already been released and had to wait a day or 2 they wouldn't charge your cc until they shipped it. I'm sure they have probably have at least 100000 phones being shipped that's why they are doing it this way
    04-13-2017 07:49 PM
    I would imagine the reason they have to charge a cc is because when you preorder they probably send it to the shipping company or a distribution company that in turn sends it to the shipping company. With a massive preorder which I would think this is thats the reason they have to do it this way to make sure all the phones get shipped out the 18th or 19th. They probably can't hand off the phone to the shipping/distribution unless they charged you. I'm sure if you called up T-Mobile and ordered a phone that has already been released and had to wait a day or 2 they wouldn't charge your cc until they shipped it. I'm sure they have probably have at least 100000 phones being shipped that's why they are doing it this way
    Tmobile phones ship out of Louisville. There are tons of warehouses used by companies all around the UPS world hub. There's no transfer to a middle company.
    04-13-2017 07:53 PM
    Outside of the freebies it's almost not worth doing the pre-orders anymore IMO. Before T-mobile was known for shipping early and people with other carriers were always complaining why their carrier couldn't do the same.
    04-13-2017 07:56 PM
    I got screwed! Damn pre-order got cancelled!

- I get a text early this AM from AMEX asking if my T-Mobile charge was fraudulent. I respond via text and phone to clear that up. This happened with my Note 7 under my debit card with Chase last year....I tried instead with my AMEX...not sure why this continues to occur.

- Get the text from T-Mobile that they are unable to process my payment with the card I provided. I called and informed the rep of the suspected fraudulent charge by AMEX and that I cleared it up. They ask for my credit card # again, tell me it should be processed within 4-8 hours, and that I shouldn't worry in these types of cases. They hold the pre-order up to 5 days.

- Get a text later in the afternoon that my pre-order has been cancelled

- Called AMEX thinking they blocked it again. They inform me T-Mobile did not attempt to charge again after the initial attempt this morning.

- On the phone with T-Mobile now...I'm pretty sure I won't get it early or even on the 21st

What a buzzkill
    JustPassin likes this.
    04-13-2017 08:05 PM
    Outside of the freebies it's almost not worth doing the pre-orders anymore IMO. Before T-mobile was known for shipping early and people with other carriers were always complaining why their carrier couldn't do the same.
    Yea. I could give two bleeps about the VR cause I will rarely use it since I use thick cases on my phones such as the Defender. If I lived in St. Louis still which had 3 tmobile stores within 3 miles of me I wouldn't have even pre ordered. My county only has one tmobile store and the rest are a 30 miles drive from me.
    04-13-2017 08:05 PM
    Just got the second text with UPS tracking number. 👍
    JustPassin likes this.
    04-13-2017 08:07 PM
    I only pre-orderd on 4/10 and I just got a text today saying it's being packed and shipping early (April 18th) Can't wait!!!
    dkinley likes this.
    04-13-2017 08:10 PM
    Yea. I could give two bleeps about the VR cause I will rarely use it since I use thick cases on my phones such as the Defender. If I lived in St. Louis still which had 3 tmobile stores within 3 miles of me I wouldn't have even pre ordered. My county only has one tmobile store and the rest are a 30 miles drive from me.
    I hear you. I can see myself doing the same thing and pre-ordering if I was in your shoes.
    04-13-2017 08:19 PM
    Back on the 30th of March I pre-ordered the Galaxy S8+ via JOD. I received the same text message as others, stating that my phone would be shipped on the 19th (despite that My T-Mobile said the estimated ship date was the 20th-21st of March). About half an hour ago today I received a T-Mobile text message with a UPS tracking number. I looked it up and found that a shipping label had been created; unfortunately there was no expected delivery date mentioned. Just a few minutes ago I got an email from T-Mobile with the following message:

Your order is on the way! Here are the details, including the tracking number.

Please note it may take up to 48 hours for tracking info to process.

Given that the stated delivery service is "Overnight Overnight - Up to 2 business days (Free)," I suppose that means I could expect it as early as Saturday, April 15th?

All this sounds like wishful thinking, I admit, and realistically I don't expect to get my Galaxy S8+ until the 21st. Still, one can always hope!
    04-13-2017 08:19 PM
    I'd like to disagree with most here.

Reason:

after checking UPS.com's "MyUPS" tab, and not having received any notifications whatsoever via TMobile, i did get my tracking number.

that said, merely hours later, when checking TMobile's site, my profile page's Order Status updated. Now it says "Shipped".

I'm trying to say this:

the Order Status would NOT have switched to say "Shipped" if they intend to hold this package until April 19th!

Right?
    04-13-2017 08:22 PM
    I got screwed! Damn pre-order got cancelled!

- I get a text early this AM from AMEX asking if my T-Mobile charge was fraudulent. I respond via text and phone to clear that up. This happened with my Note 7 under my debit card with Chase last year....I tried instead with my AMEX...not sure why this continues to occur.

- Get the text from T-Mobile that they are unable to process my payment with the card I provided. I called and informed the rep of the suspected fraudulent charge by AMEX and that I cleared it up. They ask for my credit card # again, tell me it should be processed within 4-8 hours, and that I shouldn't worry in these types of cases. They hold the pre-order up to 5 days.

- Get a text later in the afternoon that my pre-order has been cancelled

- Called AMEX thinking they blocked it again. They inform me T-Mobile did not attempt to charge again after the initial attempt this morning.

- On the phone with T-Mobile now...I'm pretty sure I won't get it early or even on the 21st

What a buzzkill
    triggered
    04-13-2017 08:26 PM
    Did anyone else get an email regarding an Equipment Agreement Update? I got the email at 9:13 PM, basically outlining the terms of the JOD upgrade.
    04-13-2017 08:27 PM
2,037 ... 2930313233 ...