04-22-2017 02:18 PM
2,037 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Again, why do people even care? If you want to sit on your hands and do nothing, that's fine. I don't. I'll stand up for the rights I have as a consumer.

I have all the information I need from my CC issuer to challenge Tmobile on this issue should this end up like the Note 7 and they sit on the phones for 6 days.

That's all I need. I don't need random people on the internet to join in or support it.
    Good luck, you paid for the product and not for shipping, just like you said. That changes the situation.

Per your request, I will leave you alone. I hope you have a good day regardless of everything that has been said.

Cya in the forums!
    gpatrick15 and anon(782252) like this.
    04-14-2017 08:45 AM
    Again, why do people even care? If you want to sit on your hands and do nothing, that's fine. I don't. I'll stand up for the rights I have as a consumer.

I have all the information I need from my CC issuer to challenge Tmobile on this issue should this end up like the Note 7 and they sit on the phones for 6 days.

That's all I need. I don't need random people on the internet to join in or support it.
    I agree with your right to challenge them and stand up for your rights as you see them.

My only gripe is reading page after page of the bickering about it.
    Maybe you guys can start a separate thread and discuss it there?
    04-14-2017 08:45 AM
    Guys guys come on enough of the shipping / credit card procedures for those of you who received tracking numbers has the phone left the warehouse? That's all I care about at this point.
    04-14-2017 08:47 AM
    They comped the shipping for thousands of orders. The least we can do is be patient
    Nexusfan1988 and dixkayp87 like this.
    04-14-2017 08:48 AM
    Guys guys come on enough of the shipping / credit card procedures for those of you who received tracking numbers has the phone left the warehouse? That's all I care about at this point.
    Mines hasn't updated at all. Still sitting at Order Processed.
    04-14-2017 08:50 AM
    To alleviate some of the confusion, here are some of the basic terms being used in transportation of consumer goods:

Shipper: The originator of the product
    Carrier: UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.
    Receiver: The destination of the cargo, in this case that's you!

Shipped: A shipping label has been created and shipment information has been transmitted (tendered) to the carrier. Tendering shipment information creates an invoice billable by the carrier and payable by the shipper.
    Received: The cargo has been picked up or delivered to the carrier. Bills of lading and liability have been transferred to the carrier. Cargo is then taking to a sorting facility for transport.
    Arrived: The cargo has arrived at a sorting facility
    Departed: The cargo has left the sorting facility
    Out for delivery: The cargo is on the route in which it will be delivered according to the terms of delivery set by the shipper.
    Delivered: The cargo has been delivered according to the terms of delivery and liability has been transferred to the receiver.
    04-14-2017 09:03 AM
    UPS does not view label created as shipped. UPS views an item shipped when they physically take possession. That has not happened.
    UPS's customer service appears to be mistaken about this point or they're answering a question that you didn't ask. When UPS furnishes a tracking number, they have at that time accepted the load terms and the cargo has been tendered to them for shipment. It is at that time that UPS's invoicing becomes payable by the shipper and the shipment per piece contract is in effect. UPS views an item as RECEIVED when they actually take possession of it, as that is when they consent to the terms of the bill of lading and accept liability for the product.
    katmandoo122 likes this.
    04-14-2017 09:07 AM
    UPS's customer service appears to be mistaken about this point or they're answering a question that you didn't ask. When UPS furnishes a tracking number, they have at that time accepted the load terms and the cargo has been tendered to them for shipment. It is at that time that UPS's invoicing becomes payable by the shipper and the shipment per piece contract is in effect. UPS views an item as RECEIVED when they actually take possession of it, as that is when they consent to the terms of the bill of lading and accept liability for the product.
    My information doesn't come from UPS customer service. I have more reputable resources than that.
    04-14-2017 09:10 AM
    To alleviate some of the confusion, here are some of the basic terms being used in transportation of consumer goods:

Shipper: The originator of the product
    Carrier: UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.
    Receiver: The destination of the cargo, in this case that's you!

Shipped: A shipping label has been created and shipment information has been transmitted (tendered) to the carrier. Tendering shipment information creates an invoice billable by the carrier and payable by the shipper.
    Received: The cargo has been picked up or delivered to the carrier. Bills of lading and liability have been transferred to the carrier. Cargo is then taking to a sorting facility for transport.
    Arrived: The cargo has arrived at a sorting facility
    Departed: The cargo has left the sorting facility
    Out for delivery: The cargo is on the route in which it will be delivered according to the terms of delivery set by the shipper.
    Delivered: The cargo has been delivered according to the terms of delivery and liability has been transferred to the receiver.
    Thanks for this. Why have we become so entitled? If they charged your card and shipped a week early you'd be fine. If they charge your card and didn't ship until next week as delivery is scheduled to be... Then people are all upset.

When it's convenient for people to have the rules bent for them then stuff is ok. But God forbid a company not kiss the customers feet and there are multiple lawsuits.... Boxes of empty kleenex everywhere.

What a bunch of whiny human beings we've become. I'm embarrassed.
    04-14-2017 09:11 AM
    To @DBR509 et al:

I agree with what @DBR509 write above -

At this point, my interest has progressed to whether the items have been given over to UPS yet and once it has gone into the system, we'd have a very good estimate of when we'd actually receive the phones.

The best case scenario at this point is that TMobile gives them over to UPS today, Friday, 4/14th, and that it will start going through the UPS transportation system/hub(s) and get to us by Monday.

That's the best case at this point since I'm certain TMobile didn't pay for the exorbitant UPS surcharge for Saturday Delivery.
    DBR509 and Mike-Mike like this.
    04-14-2017 09:13 AM
    My information doesn't come from UPS customer service. I have more reputable resources than that.
    Your more reputable source is your imagination. That's not an attack...you've been provided with federal law, merchant standards, and UPS standards but state that everyone else is wrong. But you were absolutely right about one thing...it doesn't matter.

No one here said you shouldn't complain but when you say everyone else is "sitting on their hands" and getting stuck by corporate profit, you engender a response that says, "no, that's not how I see it." I wouldn't come to a forum and call everyone lemmings and expect no one to care.

Personally, if you're upset, cancel your order. If you take a bit of a burger and don't like it, send it back. But if you eat the whole thing and say, "I didn't really like it and according to sources I have it did not meet the US Burger Association's Quality Standards as I read them so I'm not going to pay," I would expect it to annoy fellow forumites.
    04-14-2017 09:18 AM
    Ok, I can amend my statement from "customer service" to "reputable source" and everything else in the statement is still true. Just curious, what is your planned recourse here, do you want them to cancel the order or where is this going?
    04-14-2017 09:21 AM
    Ok, I can amend my statement from "customer service" to "reputable source" and everything else in the statement is still true. Just curious, what is your planned recourse here, do you want them to cancel the order or where is this going?
    I've already answered that in this thread.
    04-14-2017 09:21 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    amyf27, Aquila, ClintRo and 3 others like this.
    04-14-2017 09:24 AM
    Has anyone gotten tracking information that shows it has left the shipper?
    04-14-2017 09:29 AM
    Has anyone gotten tracking information that shows it has left the shipper?
    Not yet. I don't think it will happen until Monday at the earliest.
    Aquila and jamezr like this.
    04-14-2017 09:30 AM
    My S8 is still sitting in Louisville!!! Hell I can drive down there in about 5 hours and pick it up myself if they let me!!!! Get a move on T-Mobile!!!!! I don't care if anyone knows, just say you accidentally ship my out today!!!
    Aquila and amyf27 like this.
    04-14-2017 09:32 AM
    Saw this on the interwebs:

Seems like they're planning to actually deliver to UPS on or before the 19th, next Wednesday. The release date is the 21st, so that'd make sense.
    04-14-2017 09:35 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic.
    I agree with this. Let's get back to the hype of the device. The huge debate on defending rights and merchant agreements being violated can go to PMs if you care to between the parties that feel like discussing it but really it isn't what people are looking for here. If you feel violated do what you got to do -- if you don't care then leave it be. Simple as that.

Now let's get back to the topic -- about the S8 and when we will get it :P.
    Aquila, amyf27, dixkayp87 and 2 others like this.
    04-14-2017 09:41 AM
    T-Mo usually does ship early right?
    amyf27 and dixkayp87 like this.
    04-14-2017 09:43 AM
    Historically known for early shipping
    Aquila and dixkayp87 like this.
    04-14-2017 09:47 AM
    In the past they were known for it. IIRC one time the CEO said he would for sure on a phone.. It was a Samsung one.. the rest they never said anything but seemed to keep the trend going.
    04-14-2017 09:50 AM
    Just got my email with the tracking number. #smallfistpump

However, never got a text about shipping by the 19th that many have received. My guess is because I did the zero down for the S8 and don't have a card being charged.

Looking around, I see everyone is just as anxious and excited to receive their new devices as I am. Constantly checking T-Mobile's site for order status changes and even got the MyUPS feature set up. Lol...
    04-14-2017 09:52 AM
    Just got my email with the tracking number. #smallfistpump

However, never got a text about shipping by the 19th that many have received. My guess is because I did the zero down for the S8 and don't have a card being charged.

Looking around, I see everyone is just as anxious and excited to receive their new devices as I am. Constantly checking T-Mobile's site for order status changes and even got the MyUPS feature set up. Lol... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6ddd449d66.jpg
    MyUPS is awesome
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-14-2017 09:56 AM
    Saw this on the interwebs:

http://www.tmonews.com/wp-content/up...s8shipdate.jpg

Seems like they're planning to actually deliver to UPS on or before the 19th, next Wednesday. The release date is the 21st, so that'd make sense.
    Some people were receiving updated texts saying they would start shipping on the 18th. I never received any texts, but MyUPS shows the label created yesterday at 5:30pm. It'd be nice if they ship on Monday.
    Aquila likes this.
    04-14-2017 10:07 AM
2,037 ... 3233343536 ...