04-22-2017 02:18 PM
2,037 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    Champppy's post had me change my delivery location from the customer center to a UPS store
    You do know that the customer center is where the phone will be first when it gets to your town/city? If you want it fast, that's the fastest option. The ups store is next if you want it later. I picked my local customer center because I can pick it up at 8AM. I said local because that's where all my stuff usually go before it gets on the truck.
    04-17-2017 12:36 PM
    Meanwhile people in Canada have them already 😑
    dkinley likes this.
    04-17-2017 12:38 PM
    I saw that. I already updated my post. I was not caught up in real time.
    No worries
    04-17-2017 12:47 PM
    I hope you can activate it.
    There is no activation needed with T-Mobile. Slap in an active SIM and it works.
    keno101, bhatech and maverick96 like this.
    04-17-2017 12:48 PM
    You do know that the customer center is where the phone will be first when it gets to your town/city? If you want it fast, that's the fastest option. The ups store is next if you want it later. I picked my local customer center because I can pick it up at 8AM. I said local because that's where all my stuff usually go before it gets on the truck.
    yeah, but the Customer Center is like 30 minutes away from me, whereas the UPS store is right in between my house and work
    04-17-2017 12:56 PM
    You may not have been trying to be rude, but you were. Not only that, but I did present proof whether you liked what I gave you or not is up to you. Not everyone on the internet are liars.

And yes I did receive and pick up my Galaxy S8+ just now at UPS. Want proof? (Never thought I had to do this to prove I'm not lying for a phone) Here it is:
    Awesome! Congrats dude.
    04-17-2017 12:58 PM
    I've been refreshing like a madman and as of 6am today it arrived at the closest UPS hub, which is 10 miles away from me. I expected to see it out for delivery and then it updated with a "Destination Scan" and it says there was a requested delivery change. The crappy part is that I'm also awaiting my girlfriend's Iphone 7 Plus which followed a similar timeline and is currently on the truck for delivery today. If I request to pick my phone up from the UPS hub, anyone have any idea how soon I can do so?

T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread-capture.png
    04-17-2017 01:01 PM
    Congrats to champppy!

Well, on this end, I got yet another UPS notification...as my excitement mounts...I discover that my Pampers order was just delivered.

Oh, very exciting.
    04-17-2017 01:01 PM
    sfla99 ... mine still in pending however I've been on vacation (all last week) so I have a lot to clear lol.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-17-2017 01:02 PM
    yeah, but the Customer Center is like 30 minutes away from me, whereas the UPS store is right in between my house and work
    yeah it might be closer...but in reality might add an extra day to get your phone. Most UPS stores only get a delivery once a day. So if they deliver it to a UPS store at say 3PM....by the time the store employees get it in the system for you to pick it up it might by the next day until it is available.
    04-17-2017 01:03 PM
    champppy I contacted T-mobile and they sent me an email with instructions for when I do receive my s8+. You may have to do the same.
    04-17-2017 01:09 PM
    Hi All,

I am new to this site and pre-order the s8 back in end of March. I just have some questions regarding T-mobile Samsung S8. I am coming from SAMSUNG S4 and the sim card is different than S8. Will T-mobile ship a new sim card along with S8 or do I need to order a new sim card kit for the phone?

Thanks
    04-17-2017 01:13 PM
    Thanks everyone.

My package (shipping box) was damaged a little and the S8+ box was slightly bent so everyone should check and make sure nothing is damaged for them when they receive the package.

I am doing the data transfer from the S7 edge so still can't use it!

First impressions: phone looks good, BUT, unlike last year, I didn't receive anything to redeem my Gear VR (like a separate sheet).
    https://promos.samsung.com/infinitelyimmersive
    04-17-2017 01:13 PM
    Hi All,

I am new to this site and pre-order the s8 back in end of March. I just have some questions regarding T-mobile Samsung S8. I am coming from SAMSUNG S4 and the sim card is different than S8. Will T-mobile ship a new sim card along with S8 or do I need to order a new sim card kit for the phone?

Thanks
    Yes. I've always a card in the box.
    04-17-2017 01:14 PM
    champppy I contacted T-mobile and they sent me an email with instructions for when I do receive my s8+. You may have to do the same.
    Hi @Ds Note 2 Sprint:

I'm confused.

Why is there all this thinking and talk about having to "do" something special when we receive our S8/S8+?

For every single phone in the past, I would either use the Samsung Smart Transfer app, and as a result, essentially using NFC to communicate between the old phone and the new phone, and voila, the new phone has virtually all the data of the old phone and will be "sync'd" properly.

Why is this time any different, may I please ask?Con

Confused.
    04-17-2017 01:15 PM
    Hi All,

Thanks
    I remember a new sim card was shipped with the Note7 so I'd bet ila new sim will come in the box with your S8.
    04-17-2017 01:15 PM
    I remember a new sim card was shipped with the Note7 so I'd bet ila new sim will come in the box with your S8.
    Is there any reason that we would need to use a NEW SIM card rather than taking the existing SIM from our S7 Edge and putting that nano SIM into the S8+?

i don't understand why there's all this talk about needing a new SIM card all of a sudden here.

thanks for your anticipated clarification.
    04-17-2017 01:18 PM
    That's great news. Now the hard part is waiting for the device to come. My UPS tracking information is still on the status: "A UPS shipping label has been created...."
    04-17-2017 01:18 PM
    You may not have been trying to be rude, but you were. Not only that, but I did present proof whether you liked what I gave you or not is up to you. Not everyone on the internet are liars.

And yes I did receive and pick up my Galaxy S8+ just now at UPS. Want proof? (Never thought I had to do this to prove I'm not lying for a phone) Here it is:
    Congrats! Why can't I ever be the person who accidentally gets theirs early? Be sure to head over to the promotions website to claim your Gear VR and additional headphones if you're planning on it, enjoy!
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-17-2017 01:19 PM
    Is there any reason that we would need to use a NEW SIM card rather than taking the existing SIM from our S7 Edge and putting that nano SIM into the S8+?

i don't understand why there's all this talk about needing a new SIM card all of a sudden here.

The person who asked the question has the old bigger sim.
    04-17-2017 01:20 PM

For people like me coming from Samsung S4 that uses micro Sim.
    yeah it might be closer...but in reality might add an extra day to get your phone. Most UPS stores only get a delivery once a day. So if they deliver it to a UPS store at say 3PM....by the time the store employees get it in the system for you to pick it up it might by the next day until it is available.
    oh man... i can't keep changing this stuff...

so I have decided, I dont want to risk it sitting at my front door since T-Mobile ships in a black box that says T-Mobile, if it was a plain brown box, i would probably leave it... i have never had a package stolen, but I sure do not want to risk it

The customer center is too far from my house/work for a lunch trip. The UPS Store is perfect distance.

but I dont want to add ANOTHER day of waiting...

i dont know if i will survive this pre-order...
    jamezr, amyf27, teristark and 1 others like this.

Nope, I"m still using the same sim from I believe my Note 4 and I've had 3 other phones since then and just keep putting it in the new phone.
    04-17-2017 01:21 PM
    Nope, I"m still using the same sim from I believe my Note 4 and I've had 3 other phones since then and just keep putting it in the new phone.
    Whew, correct! @wookiee2cu: i do the same thing. That's why I was momentarily confused when all these good folks are talking about needing a new SIM. Fine, i understand now, the gent/lady who needed the new SIM is coming from a Micro SIM going to the new Nano SIM. Cool, got it. Next!
    04-17-2017 01:24 PM
    Hi @Ds Note 2 Sprint:

I'm confused.

Why is there all this thinking and talk about having to "do" something special when we receive our S8/S8+?

For every single phone in the past, I would either use the Samsung Smart Transfer app, and as a result, essentially using NFC to communicate between the old phone and the new phone, and voila, the new phone has virtually all the data of the old phone and will be "sync'd" properly.

Why is this time any different, may I please ask?Con

Confused.
    his question was in regards to the Samsung promo (I thought) not transfer of info from phone to phone.
    04-17-2017 01:29 PM
2,037 ... 5152535455 ...