04-22-2017 02:18 PM
2,037 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Did you make your EIP payment online?

I learned my lesson awhile back and if I decide to pay off an EIP I will only do it in a corporate store because it shows paid off immediately.

When I paid off my EIP online last year it showed as a credit on my account (negative balance) until the next bill cycle when it cleared. It's so stupid how T-Mobile pays off your EIP when you do it online instead of in the store.
    Yep. Online. Lesson learned.
    04-03-2017 07:35 AM
    Well my patience ran out so I went to the t mobile site and selected upgrade on my sons line, and the preorder went right through no problems. Ill just use my 7edge to jump to whatever phone my son wants when he wants to upgrade. His current phone only has a couple hundred balance left anyway
    04-03-2017 07:50 AM
    I now have my Orchid Gray S8 Plus on Preorder
    04-03-2017 07:51 AM
    I now have my Orchid Gray S8 Plus on Preorder
    Finally....

anon(782252) likes this.
    04-03-2017 08:20 AM
    That was a nightmare trying to do the jump argh. At any rate it still works out for me as the 7edge js Jumpable and can be done in store probably pretty easily when he wants his next phone. He currently has an S6.
    jamezr likes this.
    04-03-2017 08:23 AM
    Did you want to keep the S7E for your friend? If so, I would contact TMobile because it sounds like they jumped your phone on JoD so you will have to turn in your S7E.

The down payment is total crap but it doesn't look like TMobile is relenting this time.
    They aren't. In fact the Note 7 down payment and then changing to 0 down only days later was discussed at this last Sunday's T-Mobile hands on meeting.

The 130.00 down is here to stay. Not changing like with the Note 7. They aren't making it universal across the board and the plus is considered a premium upgrade over the standard. So all you hold outs, if you want one, just suck it up and pay the 130.
    04-03-2017 09:46 AM
    They aren't. In fact the Note 7 down payment and then changing to 0 down only days later was discussed at this last Sunday's T-Mobile hands on meeting.

The 130.00 down is here to stay. Not changing like with the Note 7. They aren't making it universal across the board and the plus is considered a premium upgrade over the standard. So all you hold outs, if you want one, just suck it up and pay the 130.
    Doesn't mean people shouldn't continue to voice their displeasure.

And I don't believe for 1 minute that they won't try to do more and more going forward. JoD is not a profitable venture for them and that's evidenced by how difficult they make it for new customers to even inquire about it. John Legere would love to dump JoD completing but then he'd be acting like the companies he rants about.

The S8+ is not a premium over the S8 no matter how they try to sell it. It's the base model of it's line.
    04-03-2017 10:18 AM
    The $130 down is what your going to going forward if it's 2 versions of the phone out. If you feel that the s8+ is worth it then go for it. If not the s8 is the same phone. In my opinion if you have regular Jump the $130 is nothing because you going to have to pay it off to jump anyway. JOD I would just get the s8 and wait for the Note 8 to come out. 5.8 screen compared to a 6.2 screen not that big a
    Of a deal
    04-03-2017 11:18 AM
    The $130 down is what your going to going forward if it's 2 versions of the phone out. If you feel that the s8+ is worth it then go for it. If not the s8 is the same phone. In my opinion if you have regular Jump the $130 is nothing because you going to have to pay it off to jump anyway. JOD I would just get the s8 and wait for the Note 8 to come out. 5.8 screen compared to a 6.2 screen not that big a
    Of a deal
    Agreed. I don't understand why everyone is in uproars over the 130.00. You're getting an outstanding phone and your carrier is allotting many who normally couldn't afford such an expensive phone to pay it down over time.

Anyway, I just came back from T-Mobile. Got my preorder in for the 8+ and happily paid the 130. Interestingly they had quite a lot of accessories for it up already. Got a UAG on order though. Can't wait to get this beast!
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-03-2017 01:06 PM
    Agreed. I don't understand why everyone is in uproars over the 130.00. You're getting an outstanding phone and your carrier is allotting many who normally couldn't afford such an expensive phone to pay it down over time.

Anyway, I just came back from T-Mobile. Got my preorder in for the 8+ and happily paid the 130. Interestingly they had quite a lot of accessories for it up already. Got a UAG on order though. Can't wait to get this beast!
    This is why people should be upset over a down payment...

msm0511 likes this.
    04-03-2017 01:11 PM

They didnt make you pay up front did They. I preordered mine on tmobile site this morning. Talked to reps they said I won't be billed until it ships
    04-03-2017 01:14 PM
    They didnt make you pay up front did They. I preordered mine on tmobile site this morning. Talked to reps they said I won't be billed until it ships
    They did not. They did take my card as a placeholder and said it would not charge until it ships. It's usually always been that way. Just to make sure, I went ahead and checked my bank accounts and there is no charges.
    04-03-2017 01:26 PM
    This is why people should be upset over a down payment...

You shared a video that's almost 2 years old. Things change. I will gladly pay $130, and pay off my phone within six months as opposed to having to throw down a whole lot more money (and some have no other choice with bad credit) or even the entire device price.
    DaBlackman619 likes this.
    04-03-2017 01:29 PM
    You shared a video that's almost 2 years old. Things change. I will gladly pay $130, and pay off my phone within six months as opposed to having to throw down a whole lot more money (and some have no other choice with bad credit) or even the entire device price.
    Things change? So he starts the video by railing against Verizon and how they go back on their promos and now he's doing the same. That's hypocritical. And people should just be ok with that?
    04-03-2017 01:34 PM
    To the "will we receive our pre-ordered S8/S8+ phones earlier than April 21st" question:

the folks who pre-ordered the LG phone recently got their roughly 2 weeks (!) prior to the announced released date.

many of us last year got our S7 Edge earlier than the stated release date.

with these two instances as data points, it stands to reason that this time, as well, we would likely get our S8/S8+ earlier than April 21st.

how MUCH earlier? that we don't know!
    04-03-2017 01:36 PM
    I am glad you want to pay the $130. I am quite sure the S8+ going to be awesome.
    But why pay it if you don't have to? Last I checked 0$ better than $130. I am on JoD and charging to use JoD should not happen.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    04-03-2017 01:43 PM
    So guys, I am currently on Sprint but am planning on switching to tmo with the release of the s8+. I want to buy the actual device from samsung.com to guarantee the 4/20 delivery. So when I go into the store, do I just tell them that I want to transfer my number from Sprint and already have the s8+ preordered from samsung.com? The samsung sites says the phone comes with a SIM card, so do I still need to buy the $25 one from tmo?

All help appreciated.
    04-03-2017 02:32 PM
    Except that with the Note 7 Tmobile charged our cards a week before we got the phone. Most of us had our cards debited that Thur and didn't get the phones until the next thur or fri depending on shipping.

I ordered from samsung this time so not sure how they do it. I thought someone posted that their cards were charged right away from samsung. We ordered it with my moms credit card so I'm not sure if its been charged yet.
    04-03-2017 02:50 PM
    Samsung also says can preactavate your carrier after purchase just check that box when purchasing other wise call or go into a store but try to avoid that
    04-03-2017 02:52 PM
    Samsung also says can preactavate your carrier after purchase just check that box when purchasing other wise call or go into a store but try to avoid that
    I already have Tmobile service though and not activating a new line. I'm simply just popping in my SIM card.
    04-03-2017 02:53 PM
    I am glad you want to pay the $130. I am quite sure the S8+ going to be awesome.
    But why pay it if you don't have to? Last I checked 0$ better than $130. I am on JoD and charging to use JoD should not happen.
    Things are not going to be the same forever and the amount of people paying the $130 is not having any backlash on Tmobile part so from the business side why change anything because a few people are upset. If the Note 8 was not coming out I would have paid the $130 but since it is I stuck with the regular s8.
    04-03-2017 02:54 PM
    Things are not going to be the same forever and the amount of people paying the $130 is not having any backlash on Tmobile part so from the business side why change anything because a few people are upset. If the Note 8 was not coming out I would have paid the $130 but since it is I stuck with the regular s8.
    There are more than just a few people upset. All you have to do is look at Twitter or Facebook to see that.
    04-03-2017 03:40 PM
    Except that with the Note 7 Tmobile charged our cards a week before we got the phone. Most of us had our cards debited that Thur and didn't get the phones until the next thur or fri depending on shipping.

I ordered from samsung this time so not sure how they do it. I thought someone posted that their cards were charged right away from samsung. We ordered it with my moms credit card so I'm not sure if its been charged yet.
    I ordered through Samsung's website and paid full price. They have a hold on my card as it shows pending in my bank account. It will probably actually go through when the phone and promo's are shipped. I would guess...
    04-03-2017 03:59 PM

I don't know what your position is at T-mobile, but "considered" a premium upgrade over the S8 is just the speak they are using to change the terms of the JOD. Of course, it probably isn't profitable. I could have told them that when it came out.
    It's a bigger phone...period.
    The fact is John Legere is going back on his word and being a hypocrite like the other carriers. Once they plucked some subscribers from the competition, they started realizing they could make more money and slowly started changing the terms.
    If I worked for T-force, I don't think I could bite my lip and lie to all of the customers trying to get resolution on this issue. They all say 'DM me and we can certainly address your needs". They can't because those are the new rules.
    I'm very frustrated with this turn of events with this release.
    04-03-2017 04:20 PM
    Doesn't mean people shouldn't continue to voice their displeasure.

And I don't believe for 1 minute that they won't try to do more and more going forward. JoD is not a profitable venture for them and that's evidenced by how difficult they make it for new customers to even inquire about it. John Legere would love to dump JoD completing but then he'd be acting like the companies he rants about.

The S8+ is not a premium over the S8 no matter how they try to sell it. It's the base model of it's line.
    I'm in lockstep with you on this issue. Of course it's not profitable. But, becoming like the opposition is the better option?
    I was on twitter again this morning asking again. I was being polite. Vut7, I was also letting it be known that what they are doing is more or less a bait and switch. If you want to change the terms for new subscribers to JOD, so be it. This is not what I signed up for.
    04-03-2017 04:23 PM
2,037 ... 45678 ...