04-22-2017 02:18 PM
2,037 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Next flight to AZ is after 3am. I can only hope it will be on that's flight.
    04-18-2017 05:05 PM
    I think the earlier you order the later it scans because it's in the back of the pile
    lsmith9523 and Soggly like this.
    04-18-2017 05:14 PM
    Reaching for hope.

Still reaching...

ugh.
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-18-2017 05:14 PM
    I think the earlier you order the later it scans because it's in the back of the pile

Ah, LIFO!

:P
    04-18-2017 05:15 PM
    Just as a consolation thought for the many of us who ordered early and yet have had our UPS status still at "Ready for UPS":

do you think that maybe, just maybe, TMobile have all of us "early birds" all bunched up in several very large bins or containers, and all of us will get scanned, en masse, later on this evening?

if that were to be so, then all of a sudden, many of us would receive our first "Kentucky Origin" scans and will have the phones come our ways tomorrow, just like all these other folks who have seen their own scans move forward today.

just thinking out loud and reaching for hope.

Here's kind of how the logistics works. This is based on my experience with another industry and mass shipping.

UPS drops off trailer at T-Mobile warehouse.

T-Mobile and/or UPS contract staff handle labeling and loading of packages into trailer. All labels are on a master manifest.

Once that trailer hits a UPS sorting facility the master manifest is scanned which triggers all labels to update tracking info. From there the individual boxes are sorted and handled appropriately.

Air packages go to Louisville and ground are local sorted and placed on trucks.

The trailers could be picked up anytime during day but they won't be unsealed and opened until sorting staff arrives at UPS facility. My guess is sorting should take place between 7-11pm to get packages to their next stop timely.
    04-18-2017 05:15 PM
    Next flight to Orlando is 4:13am and get here at 5:40 am so I still have hope
    04-18-2017 05:16 PM
    Here's kind of how the logistics works. This is based on my experience with another industry and mass shipping.

UPS drops off trailer at T-Mobile warehouse.

T-Mobile and/or UPS contract staff handle labeling and loading of packages into trailer. All labels are on a master manifest.

Once that trailer hits a UPS sorting facility the master manifest is scanned which triggers all labels to update tracking info. From there the individual boxes are sorted and handled appropriately.

Air packages go to Louisville and ground are local sorted and placed on trucks.

The trailers could be picked up anytime during day but they won't be unsealed and opened until sorting staff arrives at UPS facility. My guess is sorting should take place between 7-11pm to get packages to their next stop timely.

Thank you for your experience and clarification of this byzantine process to most of us!

One thing I can't figure out, if what you wrote were true:

why is it then that some folks who pre-ordered much later, i.e. just a couple of days ago, got their tracking page updated already, and most of us who were the early bird pre-order folks, do NOT have our tracking pages updated yet?

i'm asking because you said all of us would be one one Master Manifest.

just asking, because truly, i have no idea how these things work.

thanks.
    Nexusfan1988 likes this.
    04-18-2017 05:19 PM
    Tired of seeing 'Ready for UPS' lol
    04-18-2017 05:19 PM
    You are not kidding!!!! Aarrgg.
    JustPassin and Soggly like this.
    04-18-2017 05:26 PM
    Thank you for your experience and clarification of this byzantine process to most of us!

One thing I can't figure out, if what you wrote were true:

why is it then that some folks who pre-ordered much later, i.e. just a couple of days ago, got their tracking page updated already, and most of us who were the early bird pre-order folks, do NOT have our tracking pages updated yet?

i'm asking because you said all of us would be one one Master Manifest.

just asking, because truly, i have no idea how these things work.

thanks.
    Each trailer has a master manifest for the boxes inside that specific trailer.

I would be guessing as I am not in the T-Mobile warehouse.... One possibility is some S8 phones made it out the door with regular shipments (non S8 shipments). I'm sure there's other plausible possibilities such as phones headed to T-Mobile stores and a few customer phones accidentally made it into those trailers.
    04-18-2017 05:27 PM
    Same **** different day.....
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread-747.jpg  
    lsmith9523, dixkayp87 and Soggly like this.
    04-18-2017 05:28 PM
    You and I both 🤣🤣
    JustPassin and lsmith9523 like this.
    04-18-2017 05:45 PM
    My guess is that they are batched by area. For example, all the ones going to socal are together, all the ones going to southern Florida are together, etc. They probably get a discount from ups for batching them. That would be why it doesn't seem to matter when it was ordered.
    04-18-2017 05:46 PM
    Same **** different day.....
    Tell me about it. All these people are getting origin scans and I ordered about 3 minutes after preorders opened.
    04-18-2017 05:51 PM
    I feel your pain guys. I likewise preordered very early (April 1), and am still only seeing a "Ready for UPS" message. I don't think T-Mobile is giving priority to people who preordered later. I haven't tabulated all the info people have given here, but qualitatively I'm not detecting any correlation between order date and time of (actual) shipping.

Really though, I'm not that bothered about all this. When I saw that message on my.tmobile.com the first week of April stating that my phone would only ship between the 20th-21st, I was pretty disappointed that I may get my phone a full day after it's available in stores. Now it looks more likely that the latest I'll get it is on the launch date. So it's looking better than it was two weeks ago!
    04-18-2017 05:53 PM
    Any new origin scans from Florida ?
    04-18-2017 06:20 PM
    Anybody here pre-order one from Chicago? Wondering if seeing any origin scans.
    04-18-2017 06:22 PM
    Twin Cities, MN here. Not Chicago but close by plane. So far, no origin scan.
    04-18-2017 06:31 PM
    Rockford and no scan yet
    Soggly likes this.
    04-18-2017 06:32 PM
    East coast people will probably see later scan times b/c the flights leave much later. The one to Atl doesn't leave till 5:25 am. That's later than usual iirc, but not out of the question for a Wed delivery.
    amyf27 and Kalelfromkrypton like this.
    04-18-2017 06:34 PM
    Anyone get an origin scan for Las Vegas?

Mine is still "Ready for UPS" since 4/14. Was thinking that we may get movement tonight.
    04-18-2017 06:36 PM
    I ordered day 1, no scans yet. Friend ordered two days ago, already in transit AND we live in the same city! So no idea as to what they are doing. Kinda infuriating tbh.
    04-18-2017 06:36 PM
    East coast people will probably see later scan times b/c the flights leave much later. The one to Atl doesn't leave till 5:25 am. That's later than usual iirc, but not out of the question for a Wed delivery.
    I saw a few East Coast people who got scans though 😢, I'd love to figure out how this all works
    04-18-2017 06:39 PM
    MyUPS shows a departure scan at 5:11pm KY time. Yeah! Movement is good.

This is my first time ever pre-ordering. I don't feel like I'm obsessing (well, maybe a little), I just like joining the excitement of like minded folks. I have found that participating with this group here has helped pass the waiting time and is quite entertaining on occasion. You all are nuts! The wait doesn't bother me. I get plenty excited when someone here gets their phone.

Now, as for that person posting in the future, I would like them to tell me how I will do on my inspection tomorrow. Most importantly, will the inspection end early so I can rush home to see if I'm one of the lucky ones to get my phone?
    karmamule likes this.
    04-18-2017 06:40 PM
    My biggest thing is loosing out on the headphone/sd card promo.

Tomorrow, Thursday, Friday...shoot if i knew for sure id be able to get it would make my day.
    04-18-2017 06:41 PM
2,037 ... 6162636465 ...