T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You shared a video that's almost 2 years old. Things change. I will gladly pay $130, and pay off my phone within six months as opposed to having to throw down a whole lot more money (and some have no other choice with bad credit) or even the entire device price.
I am glad you want to pay the $130. I am quite sure the S8+ going to be awesome.
But why pay it if you don't have to? Last I checked 0$ better than $130. I am on JoD and charging to use JoD should not happen.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
So guys, I am currently on Sprint but am planning on switching to tmo with the release of the s8+. I want to buy the actual device from samsung.com to guarantee the 4/20 delivery. So when I go into the store, do I just tell them that I want to transfer my number from Sprint and already have the s8+ preordered from samsung.com? The samsung sites says the phone comes with a SIM card, so do I still need to buy the $25 one from tmo?

All help appreciated.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They didnt make you pay up front did They. I preordered mine on tmobile site this morning. Talked to reps they said I won't be billed until it ships

Except that with the Note 7 Tmobile charged our cards a week before we got the phone. Most of us had our cards debited that Thur and didn't get the phones until the next thur or fri depending on shipping.

I ordered from samsung this time so not sure how they do it. I thought someone posted that their cards were charged right away from samsung. We ordered it with my moms credit card so I'm not sure if its been charged yet.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Samsung also says can preactavate your carrier after purchase just check that box when purchasing other wise call or go into a store but try to avoid that

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung also says can preactavate your carrier after purchase just check that box when purchasing other wise call or go into a store but try to avoid that

I already have Tmobile service though and not activating a new line. I'm simply just popping in my SIM card.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I am glad you want to pay the $130. I am quite sure the S8+ going to be awesome.
But why pay it if you don't have to? Last I checked 0$ better than $130. I am on JoD and charging to use JoD should not happen.
Things are not going to be the same forever and the amount of people paying the $130 is not having any backlash on Tmobile part so from the business side why change anything because a few people are upset. If the Note 8 was not coming out I would have paid the $130 but since it is I stuck with the regular s8.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Things are not going to be the same forever and the amount of people paying the $130 is not having any backlash on Tmobile part so from the business side why change anything because a few people are upset. If the Note 8 was not coming out I would have paid the $130 but since it is I stuck with the regular s8.
There are more than just a few people upset. All you have to do is look at Twitter or Facebook to see that.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Except that with the Note 7 Tmobile charged our cards a week before we got the phone. Most of us had our cards debited that Thur and didn't get the phones until the next thur or fri depending on shipping.

I ordered from samsung this time so not sure how they do it. I thought someone posted that their cards were charged right away from samsung. We ordered it with my moms credit card so I'm not sure if its been charged yet.

I ordered through Samsung's website and paid full price. They have a hold on my card as it shows pending in my bank account. It will probably actually go through when the phone and promo's are shipped. I would guess...

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
They aren't. In fact the Note 7 down payment and then changing to 0 down only days later was discussed at this last Sunday's T-Mobile hands on meeting.

The 130.00 down is here to stay. Not changing like with the Note 7. They aren't making it universal across the board and the plus is considered a premium upgrade over the standard. So all you hold outs, if you want one, just suck it up and pay the 130.
I don't know what your position is at T-mobile, but "considered" a premium upgrade over the S8 is just the speak they are using to change the terms of the JOD. Of course, it probably isn't profitable. I could have told them that when it came out.
It's a bigger phone...period.
The fact is John Legere is going back on his word and being a hypocrite like the other carriers. Once they plucked some subscribers from the competition, they started realizing they could make more money and slowly started changing the terms.
If I worked for T-force, I don't think I could bite my lip and lie to all of the customers trying to get resolution on this issue. They all say 'DM me and we can certainly address your needs". They can't because those are the new rules.
I'm very frustrated with this turn of events with this release.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't mean people shouldn't continue to voice their displeasure.

And I don't believe for 1 minute that they won't try to do more and more going forward. JoD is not a profitable venture for them and that's evidenced by how difficult they make it for new customers to even inquire about it. John Legere would love to dump JoD completing but then he'd be acting like the companies he rants about.

The S8+ is not a premium over the S8 no matter how they try to sell it. It's the base model of it's line.
I'm in lockstep with you on this issue. Of course it's not profitable. But, becoming like the opposition is the better option?
I was on twitter again this morning asking again. I was being polite. Vut7, I was also letting it be known that what they are doing is more or less a bait and switch. If you want to change the terms for new subscribers to JOD, so be it. This is not what I signed up for.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I don't understand why everyone is in uproars over the 130.00. You're getting an outstanding phone and your carrier is allotting many who normally couldn't afford such an expensive phone to pay it down over time.
JOD's are not meant to be paid off. That's why people are in an uproar. For JUMP, this makes sense. For JOD, it's not.
So, you either don't care T-mobile is doing a cash grab or haven't figured it out yet.
As I pointed out before...over 6 months, you're paying an extra $100.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Note8 will be at least $130 down, probably more. Every day they are changing the language. It's not base models now. They are saying the more expensive phones have down payments. So, you're paying $310 to use an S8+ for 6 months instead of $210. Then, you will pay at least $150 down for the Note8. So, in 6 months you would be paying at least $495 for the lease of these phones instead of $245.
I can't see why more people aren't upset, honestly.

Last edited:

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
There are more than just a few people upset. All you have to do is look at Twitter or Facebook to see that.
But more people are still putting the money down so you have a choice. People are paying the deposit so why change it. If the Note have a deposit I'm sure everyone will pay that to.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Nobody is being forced to order this phone. Those that do order it are doing so on their own choice. I for one believe the phone is worth the price and am looking forward to it. I went through the Note 7 return two times and my next best option at the time was the 7edge which to me doesn't compare.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The Note8 will be at least $130 down, probably more. Every day they are changing the language. It's not base models now. They are saying the more expensive phones have down payments. So, you're paying $310 to use an S8+ for 6 months instead of $210. Theb, you will pay at least $150 down for the Note8. So, in 6 months you would be paying at least $495 for the lease of these phones instead of $245.
I can't see why more people aren't upset, honestly.
There are a lot of upset people. The problem is many people are ordering the S8 instead because the reps are offering that as a no down payment alternative and people are going for it. So the customer leaves the call with no down payment and feeling pretty good but didn't get the phone they actually called to order. So the amount of people that complain is probably less than the Note 7 because the reps couldn't persuade people into a similar device with no down payment because there wasn't a similar device.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The regular jump isn't a bad in between. Once you pay half the device off you can jump to another one

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Nobody is being forced to order this phone. Those that do order it are doing so on their own choice. I for one believe the phone is worth the price and am looking forward to it. I went through the Note 7 return two times and my next best option at the time was the 7edge which to me doesn't compare.
You are right. Nobody is forced to pay it. However, there are to many people drinking the Legere Slow Cooker Kool aid and not realizing he is going back on his word, just like he criticizes the other carriers for doing.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well in my case, I prefer T-Mobile over all of the other carriers and I'm willing to put up with a few things like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49