T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not necessarily. With the Note 7 they were charging cards 5 days before they actually shipped the phones.

Correct. I'm on tmobile and that Thur they charged my card, but not until the following thur, day before launch I got my phone. It was driving everyone crazy.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Correct. I'm on tmobile and that Thur they charged my card, but not until the following thur, day before launch I got my phone. It was driving everyone crazy.
The Note 7 started a chain of events over the last 7 months that has left me seriously considering dumping them.

First they started the down payment with JoD but quickly reversed course. Then they took everyone's money and didn't ship for 5 days. In October I got bill crammed by a store rep for insurance. In February I got lied to by a T-Force rep about Special pricing for switching plans to One All In. Of course it wasn't until my bill cycled in March that I found out it was wrong. They did offer a nice fairly large one time credit but refused to honor the quoted price. Now they are back with their down payment crap on JoD again.

I've been with them about 16 months and I've gone without a phone bill for 6 of those months because of port in credits and the one time credit I just mentioned. However, that only goes so far.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The Note 7 started a chain of events over the last 7 months that has left me seriously considering dumping them.

First they started the down payment with JoD but quickly reversed course. Then they took everyone's money and didn't ship for 5 days. In October I got bill crammed by a store rep for insurance. In February I got lied to by a T-Force rep about Special pricing for switching plans to One All In. Of course it wasn't until my bill cycled in March that I found out it was wrong. They did offer a nice fairly large one time credit but refused to honor the quoted price. Now they are back with their down payment crap on JoD again.

I've been with them about 16 months and I've gone without a phone bill for 6 of those months because of port in credits and the one time credit I just mentioned. However, that only goes so far.

Yea, they really jacked me around with my Note 7 refund you might recall for months. Then they wanted to give me a $930 bill credit for the Note 7 lol. I eventually got my refund.

This is why I just decided to order from Samsung this time.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, they really jacked me around with my Note 7 refund you might recall for months. Then they wanted to give me a $930 bill credit for the Note 7 lol. I eventually got my refund.

This is why I just decided to order from Samsung this time.
Yeah I remember.

I ordered from Samsung because of the $100 off on the silver S8 and to speak with my wallet to T-Mobile.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm officially going crazy right now LOL. I let TMobile know that I decided I wanted to see if they can switch my order to the bigger phone we'll see if they can do that. I can't imagine why not since it's not even available yet

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm officially going crazy right now LOL. I let TMobile know that I decided I wanted to see if they can switch my order to the bigger phone we'll see if they can do that. I can't imagine why not since it's not even available yet
They will have to cancel your existing order and place a new order.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They will have to cancel that original order and place a new order. You will lose your position in the pre order line but I don't think that matters as stock looks to be fine and they aren't saying it's backordered or anything like that. Even Samsung officially said they have stock to meet demand. I think everyone who places order atleast in the first week should be fine I guess. May be someone preordering closer to release it'll be little risk of backorder.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It shouldn't be. Gonna cave and give them the $130 down payment huh? Lol
They don't charge anything until it ships I'm perfectly fine with it. I had pre-ordered the S8 before I got to see any physical phone now that I've seen the physical phones I want that plus

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am, just paid off my V20 in a store so I can sign up for JoD online with T Force.

They said it is easier if you pay of a device payment plan at a physical location
The last time I was in a T-Mobile store the rep bill crammed insurance onto my account. Now I'll only go in the store if I absolutely have to.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I will be the guy with the tin foil hat. Since we have to wait I was thinking about it. The Note 7 obviously had issues and that may be why it did not ship until the last moment. They have really made an effort to do checks and double checks on the S8 and +. So I think we will see it released a bit earlier since it seems to be ready. Also, it seems they are having a large amount of stock which means that nothing parts-wise would push the date back or delay it. The software looks ready to go. I think Samsung will allow it to be shipped early to get back in the good graces after the Note 7 debacle. I know I am going to be very wrong... but speculating is fun!!!!

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I am, just paid off my V20 in a store so I can sign up for JoD online with T Force.

They said it is easier if you pay of a device payment plan at a physical location

Is JoD still available? I was in a Tmo store last night and they told me they no longer offer JoD ?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The last time I was in a T-Mobile store the rep bill crammed insurance onto my account. Now I'll only go in the store if I absolutely have to.

Thats bs! That is why I'm very clear when buying phones that I want to pay in full and nothing else added. Some of the reps are very shady.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thats bs! That is why I'm very clear when buying phones that I want to pay in full and nothing else added. Some of the reps are very shady.
Yep, it was a brand new T-Mobile store as well. I won't be going back.

About 4 hours after I left the store there was note in my account history that insurance was added. I know it wasn't done on accident at the store because I was there to return my Note 7 and nothing at all was done with my V20 that I just picked up at UPS.

When I contacted Tforce about it, they quickly removed it but told me I could never add insurance back to that device. Lol. So your store rep accessed my account without my permission, added insurance that wasn't requested and now I can't add it back ever again? What a joke.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
After some discussion they were finally able to cancel the S8 order. Now though they have to wait for that to clear out before they can do my S8 Plus Black as its a Jump on Demand upgrade. Hes calling me Monday but Ill check before then just in case it clears earlier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles