T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was on the fence about ordering one b/c I'm still a little salty toward Samsung. (It goes beyond the Note 7 stuff. I had problems with the S7 Edge replacement they refused to help me with.) If I did I wasn't sure on the regular or +. I don't have a TMo store where I live, but there's an AT&T store next to the Publix I shop at. I stopped in before groc. shopping. I knew I wanted the + as soon as I saw it. Was on with T-Force as soon as I got home. LOL
I'm debating using an upgrade option off of my sonsine so I can order the s8 plus and maybe add jump ins so it can upgrade when half paid off. If I did this, he could upgrade his current phone when he is ready by using my s7edge to jump into another phone . buy then I'd have another extra phone for the time being. He has an S6 currently that's almost 2/3 paid off.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm debating using an upgrade option off of my sonsine so I can order the s8 plus and maybe add jump ins so it can upgrade when half paid off. If I did this, he could upgrade his current phone when he is ready by using my s7edge to jump into another phone . buy then I'd have another extra phone for the time being. He has an S6 currently that's almost 2/3 paid off.
Sometimes I wish I was one of those people that didn't care or know anything about phones. It's so much trouble sometimes. :D

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was on the fence about ordering one b/c I'm still a little salty toward Samsung. (It goes beyond the Note 7 stuff. I had problems with the S7 Edge replacement they refused to help me with.) If I did I wasn't sure on the regular or +. I don't have a TMo store where I live, but there's an AT&T store next to the Publix I shop at. I stopped in before groc. shopping. I knew I wanted the + as soon as I saw it. Was on with T-Force as soon as I got home. LOL

I'm ordering from samsungs website since my county only has one tmobile store 10 miles away that's always busy, but they're supposed to open one right by my house soon! When I lived in St. Louis I had 3 Tmobile stores within about 3 miles from me including one in the mall and one tmobile store right across the street from the mall. Then a bunch of others around town. I would never pre order if I lived up in St. Louis still and go through that trouble since there were so many stores around, one of the stores always had the phones I wanted in stock. The only store down here is hit or miss because it's the only store in the area right now.

Do you live in FL too? They don't seem to have tons of tmobile stores here on the west coast. I live in Charlotte County and they got a crap load of Verizon stores though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to go into a store because theres usually some delay and you're stuck there once you start-my weekends are busy and work weekdays..dont want to be stuck standing around in one of those stores. Dealing with a technical issue now trying to upgrade to
The s8 plus, but from the comfort of home. Also, I do have my LG v20 so I'm using that and enjoying it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm ordering from samsungs website since my county only has one tmobile store 10 miles away that's always busy, but they're supposed to open one right by my house soon! When I lived in St. Louis I had 3 Tmobile stores within about 3 miles from me including one in the mall and one tmobile store right across the street from the mall. Then a bunch of others around town. I would never pre order if I lived up in St. Louis still and go through that trouble since there were so many stores around, one of the stores always had the phones I wanted in stock. The only store down here is hit or miss because it's the only store in the area right now.

Do you live in FL too? They don't seem to have tons of tmobile stores here on the west coast. I live in Charlotte County and they got a crap load of Verizon stores though.

After your last preorder experience I'm a little surprised you preordered at all. Hopefully you'll have better luck going directly through Samsung. I'm sure we'll all be here tracking flights and estimating/guessing about shipping again this time too.:p

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to go into a store because theres usually some delay and you're stuck there once you start-my weekends are busy and work weekdays..dont want to be stuck standing around in one of those stores. Dealing with a technical issue now trying to upgrade to
The s8 plus, but from the comfort of home. Also, I do have my LG v20 so I'm using that and enjoying it.

I usually have decent luck when dealing with phone reps and especially T-Force. I honestly never want to have to go into a T-Mo store ever again! They're always clueless it seems.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually have decent luck when dealing with phone reps and especially T-Force. I honestly never want to have to go into a T-Mo store ever again! They're always clueless it seems.
Or in my case, the last time I was in a store, the rep bill crammed insurance on my line 4 hours after I left the store.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Or in my case, the last time I was in a store, the rep bill crammed insurance on my line 4 hours after I left the store.

Store reps will do anything they can for their quota. Sometimes it's not even about a commission. I started a new job a few months ago, and part of it is making sure our phone reps don't get away with doing these kinds of things. It happens much more often than I ever knew.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Store reps will do anything they can for their quota. Sometimes it's not even about a commission. I started a new job a few months ago, and part of it is making sure our phone reps don't get away with doing these kinds of things. It happens much more often than I ever knew.
Usually I don't have too much of a problem with the online T Force. Even though there is this technical issue it's being dealt with outside of a storefront so I can go about my day while they're working on it which is great. I can also upgrade any of my lines this way as well through their chat window.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It's sad that there's that kind of downward pressure that the reps feel the need to do that. Of course a couple months after that happened to me the big story about bill cramming came out. I'll have to go back into a store again in a couple weeks to turn in my V20, I guess I'll see how that goes.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Usually I don't have too much of a problem with the online T Force. Even though there is this technical issue it's being dealt with outside of a storefront so I can go about my day while they're working on it which is great. I can also upgrade any of my lines this way as well through their chat window.

That's why I like T-Force. They're in a higher position than phone or store reps and have more access to accts than general agents do. They can help in ways that it takes a supervisor in other channels.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It's sad that there's that kind of downward pressure that the reps feel the need to do that. Of course a couple months after that happened to me the big story about bill cramming came out. I'll have to go back into a store again in a couple weeks to turn in my V20, I guess I'll see how that goes.

In a way I feel bad for those under that kind of pressure, but in a way I don't. It really all comes down to a moral compass that not every one adheres to. I've seen some crazy stuff in the few months I've been doing this job. The thing is if he/she did it after you left the store it's illegal according to the FCC for them to access your acct when you're not in person or on the line with them to validate. The rep could have added it when you were in there though, and you would've never known it. It's a simple click of the mouse to add it. There needs to be much more regulation, and procedures in place to handle these sorts of situations. I remember reading you couldn't get insurance on that particular phone anymore, and that's not fair. Consumers get screwed all the time over pressure for meeting quotas and shady business practices all the time.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
In a way I feel bad for those under that kind of pressure, but in a way I don't. It really all comes down to a moral compass that not every one adheres to. I've seen some crazy stuff in the few months I've been doing this job. The thing is if he/she did it after you left the store it's illegal according to the FCC for them to access your acct when you're not in person or on the line with them to validate. The rep could have added it when you were in there though, and you would've never known it. It's a simple click of the mouse to add it. There needs to be much more regulation, and procedures in place to handle these sorts of situations. I remember reading you couldn't get insurance on that particular phone anymore, and that's not fair. Consumers get screwed all the time over pressure for meeting quotas and shady business practices all the time.
Agreed. There's no place for breaking the law (ever) to meet your goals.

I thought about circling back and trying to add it just for fun to see what they would say. I have the DM where I told them it was added without my consent and they still insisted I couldn't add it again.

The only thing I did in the store that day was return the Note 7. I watched every screen during the process. We came to the insurance screen and she mentioned it but i declined and said I carry 3rd party. So she definitely went back after I left. The store was brand new and empty so maybe they weren't getting enough business. Who knows.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's definitely illegal then
Agreed. There's no place for breaking the law (ever) to meet your goals.

I thought about circling back and trying to add it just for fun to see what they would say. I have the DM where I told them it was added without my consent and they still insisted I couldn't add it again.

The only thing I did in the store that day was return the Note 7. I watched every screen during the process. We came to the insurance screen and she mentioned it but i declined and said I carry 3rd party. So she definitely went back after I left. The store was brand new and empty so maybe they weren't getting enough business. Who knows.

All I can say is I'm sorry it happened to you. The telecommunications industry is somehow getting away with things they shouldn't. This is off topic and PM stuff either way.

Glad you're GF like the S8 enough that you "had" to order the Plus though!!!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
After your last preorder experience I'm a little surprised you preordered at all. Hopefully you'll have better luck going directly through Samsung. I'm sure we'll all be here tracking flights and estimating/guessing about shipping again this time too.:p

Yea, that was a pain. The pre order wasn't but the nightmare return process was to the point we were ready to go to the FL attorney general about it. That and the store down in Estero where I got my replacement S7 Edge screwed me up big time and their manager was an arse. To their credit the last couple times I've been in my only local tmobile store I got in and out quick and staff was wonderful when I needed a new SIM for my dad and a case.

I happened back in Dec to FINALLY get a tforce rep who knew what their were doing and pressed to get my card refunded after 3 months! When I gave them an earful about my ordeal they got me my money and about 3 days later it went back on my card.

Then last months bill they gave us a $75 credit out of the blue too.

This time i used my mothers visa card instead of my debit card. Hopefully that gives more leverage if something goes wrong this time we can dispute it easier. The debit card I used was for my student loan refunds teh school used and were not much of a help when I called them.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely illegal then

All I can say is I'm sorry it happened to you. The telecommunications industry is somehow getting away with things they shouldn't. This is off topic and PM stuff either way.

Glad you're GF like the S8 enough that you "had" to order the Plus though!!!
Haha, yeah, but I'm hating every minute of that down payment. Glad I saved $100 on that Silver S8 though.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I did that with my 7 Edge, preordered and ended up wanting a different color and they told me I had to cancel the first order so when I re pre-ordered it went on back order....:-\

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope I did not make a mistake in cancelling my pre-order with T Mobile and switched to pre-ordering from Samsung to get the promos as well buying the phone outright. I wonder if they will ship at the same time T Mobile ships...

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope I did not make a mistake in cancelling my pre-order with T Mobile and switched to pre-ordering from Samsung to get the promos as well buying the phone outright. I wonder if they will ship at the same time T Mobile ships...

Tmobile is also offering the same incentives as Samsung for preorders.

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site

You should be alright, if it were like the 19th or so then I'd be worried, but it's still pretty early so you should be okay

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon