T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I was not crazy about the $130 for the S8+ for JoD, but I caved and paid it.

If this trend continues with the Note 8, I won't see an advantage to JoD.

However, T-Mobile is still pretty great, I am saving a bunch over what I used to pay to Verizon, and my coverage is great. Plus they have cool stuff like DIGITS and the SyncUp and Drive.

So if the Note 8 has a large down payment, I will bail on JoD, and just go back to buying phones and selling the used one on eBay, but I will stay on T-Mobile
You can still sell the devices on JoD because you can pay off your JoD at any time. I may have to go with the selling route now with this down payment trash.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I was not crazy about the $130 for the S8+ for JoD, but I caved and paid it.

If this trend continues with the Note 8, I won't see an advantage to JoD.

However, T-Mobile is still pretty great, I am saving a bunch over what I used to pay to Verizon, and my coverage is great. Plus they have cool stuff like DIGITS and the SyncUp and Drive.

So if the Note 8 has a large down payment, I will bail on JoD, and just go back to buying phones and selling the used one on eBay, but I will stay on T-Mobile

I agree. Even with the down payment (I'm on Jump) there are other benefits that make up for it. There's TMO Tuesdays, hotspot etc. Plus I have a bunch of lines (parents and in laws) that get kickback so I save $40 a month.

In total ok boat $275-325 a month for 8 lines so I can't complain.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile while they have better prices, their customer support, return system, and JOD program need some serious improvements. The main reason I stay with them is because I get cheaper texting plan because I'm on the really old plan and same with the unlimited data on my phone, otherwise I would have jumped ship to someone else. Everything seems to be a pain when I deal with them. That is why I went through Samsung this time.

I wish they would release unlocked phones at the same release date. I would simply buy them from Best Buy if I knew wifi calling would work on it. I hate cell carriers in general though!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
As of today, April 4th, no one has reported that their card was charged!

With that in mind, I'd think it's highly unlikely that they are getting ready to ship :(

Hope they will soon!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
yep...from what I can remember they usually charge about a week before shipping occurs....

well, still, that means that they won't ship until well after one week from today as no one has mentioned that their card has been charged yet.

waiting...waiting...

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from Samsung and I still have my charge pending in my account. I have a feeling that carriers will ship early, but those of us who ordered through Samsung will have to wait until closer to the 20th...

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from Samsung and I still have my charge pending in my account. I have a feeling that carriers will ship early, but those of us who ordered through Samsung will have to wait until closer to the 20th...

I ordered the S8+ Samsung and Samsung has already charged my card. My T-Mo order is still pending.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the S8+ Samsung and Samsung has already charged my card. My T-Mo order is still pending.

Did they charge your card or is the order pending so they can finalize it when it ships? You might be the first Samsung order i have heard of to get charged already.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
With Tmobile most of us got the Note 7 the Thur before the Fri release and some got it on release day depending on the shipping time such as flights. Not really early at all :(

Yeah I remember that. It was the only time (since I've been with T-mobile that I got a pre-order a day before public release. I usually got them 5 - 11 days prior.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with things changing if the CEO, who prides himself on bashing the other carriers all over social media, comes out and says 'we didn't want to but we can no longer offer JOD with no down payment on certain phones'. But no, he just does it and continues to bash the other carriers for going back on their promos while doing the same himself. He's a hypocrite right now and should be labeled as such.

Yep it does suck when they do that. With how "Honest / out there" he tries to be he definitely drops the ball on things like this sometimes. Not bashing him entirely for it since some carriers just give you the finger and walk away lol .. But I think people are harsher on him because he prides himself (as you said) on being open but forgets to post about the negatives at times.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I guess from what Samsung is saying on their website you will get the S8/S8+ early if you pre-order from them but it doesn't state how early? Also if they are shipping early I'm assuming wireless carriers will ship early or at least T-Mobile will because they pushed the LG G6 out like 2 weeks early.

"Get it first. Get your Galaxy S8 before it's available in store when you pre-order on Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung app." (Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 | Samsung US)

Since the LG G6 shipped about 2 weeks early I wonder if the S8/S8+ will ship at least 1 week early for that reason or maybe to show a little good will towards customers that are still upset about the Note 7 issue...

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
There was a rumor Tmobile would ship beginning the 14th, and when i asked a rep, they said the release date is the 21st but it "could" ship earlier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol