T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
There was a rumor Tmobile would ship beginning the 14th, and when i asked a rep, they said the release date is the 21st but it "could" ship earlier
That's what they all say I don't think they're able to let you know it's going early that would be great though if it does. Make sure you have your myups setup on your phone LOL to track it

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Exactly lol, even though it's just a rumor, the fact that Canada is already confirmed to get it earlier leaves no reasoning for Tmobile to not do the same

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just because there's an article stating some country is getting it early means absolutely nothing until phones start shipping. Until then it's just rumor.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Rumor has it is that 1 month after launch date T-Mobile will remove $130 deposit for S8+ on JOD. This could be false but something worth thinking bout if your holding out.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Rumor has it is that 1 month after launch date T-Mobile will remove $130 deposit for S8+ on JOD. This could be false but something worth thinking bout if your holding out.
I hope Legere uses these current $130 down payments to hire more reps because if he does remove that requirement so soon after launch he's gonna be fielding the same negative feedback he's getting now.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I hope Legere uses these current $130 down payments to hire more reps because if he does remove that requirement so soon after launch he's gonna be fielding the same negative feedback he's getting now.
I agree if they go remove it I don't think 1 month after launch is the smartest move. I can see removing it before the announcement of Note 8

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

where did you hear that? :) They better refund all of us that paid their JoD tax.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
where did you hear that? :) They better refund all of us that paid their JoD tax.
I went to see the phone again at T-Mobile and the General Manager and Reginal Manger was there and they both said that what the plan was but havnt found anything about it so I think it's B.S. I can't see T-Mobile doing that especially after 1 month.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Ughh the more I see the S8+ the more I want to cancel my S8 order and get that one. I gotta keep telling my self it's a 6 month rental until the Note 8 comes out. I'll gladly pay a deposit for that. Lol

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
And this is how rumor start!!! hahahaha :)
Yup it could be a move a sale technique to get people that are on the fence but until Tmobile release something I don't believe anything a rep tells me. I learned from the Note 7 mess that they don't know any more than we do.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Ughh the more I see the S8+ the more I want to cancel my S8 order and get that one. I gotta keep telling my self it's a 6 month rental until the Note 8 comes out. I'll gladly pay a deposit for that. Lol

I have Jump On Demand also but I still pre-ordered the S8+ (knowing I'm getting the Note 8) and put down the $130 deposit because at the end of the day I'm a phone junkie and addict plus $130 isn't that big of a deal to me.

Back in the day I would buy phones at full retail price and then deal with trying to sell it when something new was launched which was a pain. Now I just pay a little money, use the phone and then do a swap when something new comes out with Jump On Demand.

Like my wealthy friend ALWAYS tells me...you have to pay to play and that's so true!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Officially have my S8Plus Orchid grey on preorder now. Had quite a technical issue when I cancelled the regular S8 Preorder to get the S8Plus. But on the bright side Tmo gave me a 50% account credit and now my line is a regular eip with Jump instead of JOD which I like

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Officially have my S8Plus Orchid grey on preorder now. Had quite a technical issue when I cancelled the regular S8 Preorder to get the S8Plus. But on the bright side Tmo gave me a 50% account credit and now my line is a regular eip with Jump instead of JOD which I like
Also theyre letting me return the 7edge (jod) by UPS so I don't have to bother with stores. Woohoo

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure where you heard or read this, but I asked T-mobile earlier and they deny knowing of any promotion. If you had literature of a promotion, I would put some faith into it. Not willing to wait another month to find out it was false information.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I'm ready to pull the trigger on the S8, even though I don't really want it. I'm hoping it's only a 5 month rental. I agree with the deposit on the Note8 as well. Although I vehemently disagree with their money grabbing tactics, I would relent because I would keep it a year.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Things change? So he starts the video by railing against Verizon and how they go back on their promos and now he's doing the same. That's hypocritical. And people should just be ok with that?

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but are people actually complaining about the $130 as if that's T-Mobile trying to get one over? Because if that's the case, it seems a bit silly.

I am confident that T-Mobile is trying to keep the phone payment to $30 or less. In order to do that with an $850 phone and 24 payments, you have to reduce the amount borrowed by $130. Sure, I bet they feel better getting that money up front as an equity payment given what has to be a substantial amount of bad debt but it's hardly unexpected. I'd rather have that anyway than a $36 monthly payment although as an interest free loan, I can see how people might choose otherwise.

So when the N8 comes out at $925, expect a down payment of $200 or $205.

And if you don't like it, blame Samsung for the price of the phone or yourself for wanting all the bells and whistles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois