T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone ever pay with PayPal Credit before? I preordered mine direct from Samsung on the 31st, and the money from my credit line hasn't been taken out by Samsung, it just shows authorization. I'm assuming that they won't charge me until the phone ships, correct?

I ordered from Samsung.com and I paid with PayPal. The charged my account about 10 minutes later.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone ever pay with PayPal Credit before? I preordered mine direct from Samsung on the 31st, and the money from my credit line hasn't been taken out by Samsung, it just shows authorization. I'm assuming that they won't charge me until the phone ships, correct?
My authorization still shows in my PayPal account but the hold on my available credit is gone. That's normal for any credit card.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
My authorization still shows in my PayPal account but the hold on my available credit is gone. That's normal for any credit card.

Yeah it took from my available credit. I called PayPal and they said the funds are authorized, but Samsung has yet to capture them. Assuming I won't be charged till it ships or what? Hope everything is good.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For PayPal I believe money goes out immediately (for credit cards it'll charge at time of shipping). Call Samsung and make sure there aren't any authorization issues.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
For PayPal I believe money goes out immediately (for credit cards it'll charge at time of shipping). Call Samsung and make sure there aren't any authorization issues.

I called Samsung. PayPal will remove it from your available credit, and authorize the funds for Samsung, but Samsung will not capture them until it ships.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
This has to be because of the G6. I know the G6 forced Samsung to release their ads for the S8 early in South Korea when sales of the G6 was the best they ever seen there. This could mean the phones will be shipping next week?????

But what about folks who preordered before April 7th?

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I talked to Samsung and they said they would ship Fedex FYI in case anybody is interested. She also said it would ship the 20th... So I hope that means it will ship tomorrow via UPS...lol

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
LMAO I like your logic

She sounded 100% certain of what she told me. Just like any other CSR of any other company.... So I will just keep my UPS and Fedex accounts on the look out... It might come on a stagecoach via Western Union... lol

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I talked to Samsung and they said they would ship Fedex FYI in case anybody is interested. She also said it would ship the 20th... So I hope that means it will ship tomorrow via UPS...lol

Hi @Storm24:

sorry, the parts you wrote in bold above confused me totally.

may i ask what you're trying to say please?

thank you.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Why'd you switch it, just curious?

I guess i prefer the financing options through samsung, the fact that I don't have to worry about the gift promotion things. I've had issues with tmobile online orders and getting the promotion bundle things. From samsung it is registered and what not right away

Also this better gives me an option if/when the note 8 comes out to finance that through t-mobile and maybe gift or sell the S8+. Plus the possibility of receiving the phone a couple days earlier would be great.

Maybe not the best of reasons but, thought it made sense at the time.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi @Storm24:

sorry, the parts you wrote in bold above confused me totally.

may i ask what you're trying to say please?

thank you.

I was trying to be funny... While she said that it would be shipped Fedex, you never know with CSR's. They never seem to know anything that is correct. That is why I said the second bolded quote. It looks like Samsung with ship the phones via Fedex.

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to make sense of how it all works over here in the states.

For background, I'm not long moved here to California from London. Back in the U.K. whenever I have bought from Samsung in the past, you get it sim free and unlocked.

Here, even though I bought from Samsung directly, it asked which network I'll be using it. Does this mean they will be sending me a T-Mobile sim locked version and will it have their bloat ware on it?

Kinda bummed about the wifi calling thing. I have rubbish cell reception at home so use T-Mobile wifi calling but am reading that units bought from Samsung won't work on wifi calling (?!)

I couldn't buy direct from T-Mobile as I have not built up enough credit history yet to get a contract (I'm on prepay) and they wouldn't let me preorder one without an agreement. Argh.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to be funny... While she said that it would be shipped Fedex,you never know with CSR's. They never seem to know anything that is correct. That is why I said the second bolded quote. It looks like Samsung with ship the phones via Fedex.
@Storm24:

I totally agree with you that the Customer Service Representative on the phone seemingly are UNsupervised!

They are seemingly able to say anything whatsoever without worries that if they were to lie, they'd get into trouble.

I think they just say whatever comes to mind that makes the current conversation with a particular customer go easier and just would hang up and call it a successful call!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci