T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
7b7a4947baf00990fbda4eef8735190f.jpg

BeyondtheTech#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so T-Mobile finally charged my card this morning at 10AM ET for my Orchid Grey S8 Plus that I preordered back on 4/8?

How long does it take until I get a status update on the order on my.tmobile.com, or a UPS label generated so I can track it in My UPS Choice?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just think of it this way, in a few months you'll have money (for the Note 8) while everyone else is trying to come up with money. This is an expensive hobby (if you even call it that).

I don't plan on buying the Note 8. I spent enough the last year on phones. If I want the Spen I will probably pick up a Tab S3 later in the year when the price goes down.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a solid plan. The Tab S3 is easily a couple hundred bucks less than any flagship phone coming out...and you get your S-pen fix (if you were into using it)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a solid plan. The Tab S3 is easily a couple hundred bucks less than any flagship phone coming out...and you get your S-pen fix (if you were into using it)

I just can't imagine spending another $900 on the Note 8 later this year after I bought the V20 unlocked (hated it but still have it) the Note 7, regular S7 last year and now the S8 Plus. Lots of money being spent. I'm hoping there are sales and it dips down to about $500. Basically a larger version of the Note. I have a Tab S7 and V20 I can trade in to go towards the Tab s3.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just can't imagine spending another $900 on the Note 8 later this year after I bought the V20 unlocked (hated it but still have it) the Note 7, regular S7 last year and now the S8 Plus. Lots of money being spent. I'm hoping there are sales and it dips down to about $500. Basically a larger version of the Note. I have a Tab S7 and V20 I can trade in to go towards the Tab s3.

Don't you sell your old phones or something to recoup the cost?

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Don't you sell your old phones or something to recoup the cost?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea, usually I trade them in at Tmobile or Best Buy. The S7 I had I sold to my dad a month ago for $165 with a couple cases which he got a killer deal and I took a loss on it. He had an S5 that was dying and needed a new phone. I was trying to sell it to him for $300 but he didn't want to pay that much.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I agree it does get quite expensive. The Note 7 was supposed to end my spending spree for the next 2-3 years. I'm hoping the same for the Note 8.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Facts: (as of 6:30pm Eastern Time, Friday, April 14th)

- none of us have further tracking information besides merely a tracking number.

- none of us have our phones "picked up by UPS" (and in the possession of UPS) yet.

- all of us are waiting for the next step: "Picked up by UPS", and then the first tracking info shows up, with an "Estimated Arrival Date".

The singular exception to the above is one person (@chapppy) who has "Out for Delivery" for today, Friday, April 14th.

Best Case Scenario:

- as far as I can tell, the very best case scenario is that later on this evening (Friday), our packages are "Picked up by UPS" and early on / initial tracking info shows up later on tonight.

- I'm certain that TMobile didn't pay for the exorbitantly high UPS Saturday Delivery fees, so NONE of us would get our phones tomorrow or Easter Sunday.

- Earliest possible day of receiving our phones: Monday, April 17th.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so T-Mobile finally charged my card this morning at 10AM ET for my Orchid Grey S8 Plus that I preordered back on 4/8?

How long does it take until I get a status update on the order on my.tmobile.com, or a UPS label generated so I can track it in My UPS Choice?
Okay with mine I pre-ordered on 4.5 I was charged on 4.13 and I got UPS tracking today 4.14

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm excited because I finally got a tracking number. Even though it doesn't have any really pertinent information it's still a tracking number and that makes me feel more at ease also what I did was ahead of time I sent by default my UPS pickup location so it goes straight there instead of attempting to go to my house first
cf28949b1187db922128f526caefe4ec.jpg

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12