T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
The phones will remain in Louisville until 17th or 18th. They are not in the cities of the receivers (You and I) if they have been picked up by UPS then the tracking information will show that it has been picked up by the carrier and is in transit. Shipping labels have been created ONLY. We will get out phones between the 19th and 21st. I'm excited to get it my hands soon.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
@EMGSM:

may i ask why you feel that Monday is not a possibility?

April 17th, Monday, is not a holiday.

But Friday is, as is Sunday. Speaking as guy who delivers this stuff to the shipping and processing centers, not much will get sent out on Saturday or Sunday. You're looking at Tuesday at the earliest but likely Wednesday.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It very well could be. I don't know. It would be nice. I think they get stuff squared away this weekend, ship Monday and it arrives Tuesday.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
But Friday is, as is Sunday. Speaking as guy who delivers this stuff to the shipping and processing centers, not much will get sent out on Saturday or Sunday. You're looking at Tuesday at the earliest but likely Wednesday.
@Nubwy:

i respectfully disagree.

as per UPS' own site, here's their 2017 holiday schedule, which does not include April 14th, Friday:

https://compass.ups.com/ups-holiday-schedule-2017/

UPS does NOT pick up or deliver on these days:

• Monday, Jan. 2: New Year's Day
  • Monday, May 29: Memorial Day
  • Tuesday, July 4: Independence Day
  • Monday, Sept. 4: Labor Day
  • Thursday, Nov. 23: Thanksgiving Day
  • Monday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
@Nubwy:

i respectfully disagree.

as per UPS' own site, here's their 2017 holiday schedule, which does not include April 14th, Friday:

https://compass.ups.com/ups-holiday-schedule-2017/

UPS does NOT pick up or deliver on these days:

• Monday, Jan. 2: New Year's Day
  • Monday, May 29: Memorial Day
  • Tuesday, July 4: Independence Day
  • Monday, Sept. 4: Labor Day
  • Thursday, Nov. 23: Thanksgiving Day
  • Monday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day
Easter is on a Sunday. They don't deliver on Sunday's. All the other holidays they list can land on a normal shipping day. All the behind the scenes shipping stuff might be halted on Sunday because of the holiday though.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited because I finally got a tracking number. Even though it doesn't have any really pertinent information it's still a tracking number and that makes me feel more at ease also what I did was ahead of time I sent by default my UPS pickup location so it goes straight there instead of attempting to go to my house first//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/cf28949b1187db922128f526caefe4ec.jpg

Amy is like my good luck charm. When I noticed she posted she got charged, and I was like wtf, why havenlt I been charged?

Then I looked and I was charged.

Same thing happened with tracking number just now.

For the record, S8+, JOD via Twitter on 4/2

Text on 4/12
Charge 4/13
Tracking 4/14

And 1.2 pounds, which seems odd

However I am in Louisville, and I set my delivery to a UPS location. Probably no chance of tomorrow, but hopefully Monday

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Easter is on a Sunday. They don't deliver on Sunday's. All the other holidays they list can land on a normal shipping day. All the behind the scenes shipping stuff might be halted on Sunday because of the holiday though.

But they do ship early Monday morning. I received the shipping notice on my S7 edge on a Friday just after the preorder, it was picked up by UPS after midnight on a Sunday and I received it Monday.

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Ups does have normal operations believe it or not, so if you were ahead of the curve with getting tracking first, it'll most likely come Monday, they have shipped late Sunday night (like 2 am)

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

@Paravoz:

while your link does indeed show that theverge.com has that short article written about this situation, a search on Reuters' own site, reuters.com, does not result in any articles whatsoever.

one would think that if theverge.com got this news via Reuters, that Reuters itself would have it on their own site as well, obviously.

something isn't quite right about this verge.com article.

anyone else?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
@Paravoz:

while your link does indeed show that theverge.com has that short article written about this situation, a search on Reuters' own site, reuters.com, does not result in any articles whatsoever.

one would think that if theverge.com got this news via Reuters, that Reuters itself would have it on their own site as well, obviously.

anyone else?

You guys realize that's a fake site. Clonezone is where you can screen grab a page and change its contents. Funny, but absolutely fake.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
@Paravoz:

anyone else?

Yeah, you are right. Look at the link when you hover your mouse over...not even real article on theverge.