T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Party pooper here... Last year's Note 7 shipments and IIRC the S7/S7 Edge ones too started showing tracking numbers a week before they actually shipped. So wouldn't be too excited just yet, it just means T-Mo is getting orders ready to give to UPS, but maybe not ship yet.

If they do ship early this time like they did with Sammy phones before the S7, then that would be amazing. Since the phone comes out in Canadia on the 17th, maaaaaaybe we could get lucky.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I decided to give Tmo another shot as something just wasn't sitting right with me. Apparently I just got a better rep on the phone this time. He explained to me the lease option that I wasn't aware of, because I've never done that option before and also told me free shipping. The last rep was trying to charge me for shipping and didn't give me any info about my options.

So went ahead with the order, paid 161 upfront, and got 30 bill credit as compensation for my past bad experience with them. I guess it all depends on the quality of the rep you get.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess it all depends on the quality of the rep you get.
This is so true! You can talk to 5 different reps and get 5 completely different answers. I always tell people if you are not satisfied or think something just doesn't sound right, call back again and talk to someone else.

I am glad you got it all sorted out!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Amy is like my good luck charm. When I noticed she posted she got charged, and I was like wtf, why havenlt I been charged?

Then I looked and I was charged.

Same thing happened with tracking number just now.

For the record, S8+, JOD via Twitter on 4/2

Text on 4/12
Charge 4/13
Tracking 4/14

And 1.2 pounds, which seems odd

However I am in Louisville, and I set my delivery to a UPS location. Probably no chance of tomorrow, but hopefully Monday
And I shouldve mentioned with my S8Plus, they converted it from JOD TO Jump (insurance and cN trade in when device half paid off), allowing me to return my 7edge which was JOD, by ups. Have the ups box ready to go. Ist waiting on this
8b1a046fbe0c471281ef38769dd298f7.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
But they do ship early Monday morning. I received the shipping notice on my S7 edge on a Friday just after the preorder, it was picked up by UPS after midnight on a Sunday and I received it Monday.
I think that happened with one of the note 7s. Shipped early Monday a.m. delivered that day (I'm in Ohio)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung is just being extra cautious and not a major problem...I really hope so.
Anyone else potentially being late for work so they can pickup their phone at a ups location ? Lol. Ive been there awhile so it wont be an issue where I'm at.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Wow sounds just like my issue. Originally my fault-preordered s8 no problem...then saw s8plus in store. Cancelled s8 and for the next 5 days tried thru tmobile to preorder s8 Plus. Technical issues caused order to keep failing at the end. Finally got a really good rep that was able to go in and make it work. Free shipping. Got me off of JOD and onto Jump which I Actually like. Love getting hold of the reps that are extremely well tried and take their job seriously

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I think that happened with one of the note 7s. Shipped early Monday a.m. delivered that day (I'm in Ohio)

I just looked at my old emails. I got the email notification from T-Mobile that my Note 7 order was on the way on Sunday 8/14. It shipped 8/17 and I received 8/18 - one day before the scheduled release. I also ordered on 8/3 which was the first day of preorders. I know everyone has been getting their notifications at different times, but I think that we will see our S8s sooner than we think. I'm still thinking Monday is a possibility but Tuesday might be more realistic.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Card charged on 4-13... How I feel waiting for this tracking number.....
You should have tracking today. Have you checked my ups app? It'll be listed at the bottom (if you have multiple recent shipments). I also was charged on 13th

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2