T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well I just checked and I got no movement with UPS and no email updates.
Mines currently the same
47df9c665efe7401fc5cbaed39cfe5ac.jpg

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Wtf, why hasn't my package made ANY movement, some people have departure scans and I still have ready for ups lol, this is bull..

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I would always pre-order because I looked forward to those really early deliveries. If we keep getting it a day before public release and Samsung keeps offering the Gear VR, then whats the purpose? Just wait a day and buy it in store. This is what all this waiting is making me think.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I would always pre-order because I looked forward to those really early deliveries. If we keep getting it a day before public release and Samsung keeps offering the Gear VR, then whats the purpose? Just wait a day and buy it in store. This is what all this waiting is making me think.

The number of gear VR's is limited, plus when you pre-order you you get the model and color you want. if you wait until launch day then you are at the mercy of what the store has available. with the Note 7 i have 3 tmobile stores around me and the most any of them got was 15. Plus you don't have to wait in line and spenf an hor there doing all the paperwork and data transfer.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
51 hours later.. Still the same situation in my order status
I call bul**** on the 48 hour thing
My personal opinion is that they'll start shipping on monday
Hopefully

Attachments

• 549.jpg
    549.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 78

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've seen like 3 so far, lol just annoying since I ordered like the minute they were available, who knows how Tmobile works honestly ������
@Soggly:

Like you, I ordered, or, pre-ordered, just when it was open, i.e. at 12 Midnight.

Well, one would expect that things work on a "first come, first served" basis.

Yet, empirical evidence is telling us otherwise :(

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The number of gear VR's is limited, plus when you pre-order you you get the model and color you want. if you wait until launch day then you are at the mercy of what the store has available. with the Note 7 i have 3 tmobile stores around me and the most any of them got was 15. Plus you don't have to wait in line and spenf an hor there doing all the paperwork and data transfer.

What I'm saying is I don't need another VR. Samsung needs to change it up. Also, of all the freebies they offered (Gear VR, Gear Fit 2, Free Netflix, sd card etc...) all were limited. However, I don't know of anyone who pre-ordered and didn't receive their freebie. At lease nothing has come across the forums that I'm aware of. Benefits of waiting is that you get to see reviews (not of demos) before deciding. Also, I know that these type of things don't happen often but the Note 7 is a good example of when it would have been better for me to wait. But I hear you, waiting in line is no fun.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Are you involved in the sciences career wise?

Heh, well in the sciences interpreting and analyzing the data is 9/10th of the battle.

I just re-read the Twitter DM I got from T-Mobile when I inquired about the pre-orders on March 29. It says "With any launch there is always the possibility that demand could exceed the available supply...Once you complete your pre-order you are locked into your place in line, so if there were any delays in shipping, yours would be shipped before people who placed the order after you."

The way I read this, the "first come, first serve" policy pertains to delays in shipping beyond the planned ship date. Why T-Mobile would NOT just ship the phones the moment they are paid for is beyond me. After all, crazy people like me who wake up at 6:30 AM just to pre-order a phone are also going to be showing it off to friends, coworkers, etc. and basically giving Samsung free advertising. One would think that Samsung wants the general public to be looking at the Galaxy S8 in action prior to the official launch. But I'm not in marketing, so what the heck do I know?

Like everyone else here, I'm going to be spending all of next week compulsively refreshing the UPS page on my mobile browser and generally acting like a crack addict. However, intellectually I'm fairly certain I won't have my phone until the 20th or maybe even the 21st. God forbid, I'm slightly worried that the aforementioned "delays in shipping" may cause me to get my phone as late as the 22nd or 24th! It's a remote but distinct possibility given that on the T-Mobile app we've all seen that ominous message "Estimated to ship 04/20/2017 - 04/21/2017."

I genuinely hope none of our S8s get delayed and stuck in transit over the weekend of the 21st. Otherwise I suspect that several of us are going to get arrested for breaking in to various UPS distribution centers. :)

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Heh, well in the sciences interpreting and analyzing the data is 9/10th of the battle.

I just re-read the Twitter DM I got from T-Mobile when I inquired about the pre-orders on March 29. It says "With any launch there is always the possibility that demand could exceed the available supply...Once you complete your pre-order you are locked into your place in line, so if there were any delays in shipping, yours would be shipped before people who placed the order after you."

The way I read this, the "first come, first serve" policy pertains to delays in shipping beyond the planned ship date. Why T-Mobile would NOT just ship the phones the moment they are paid for is beyond me. After all, crazy people like me who wake up at 6:30 AM just to pre-order a phone are also going to be showing it off to friends, coworkers, etc. and basically giving Samsung free advertising. One would think that Samsung wants the general public to be looking at the Galaxy S8 in action prior to the official launch. But I'm not in marketing, so what the heck do I know?

Like everyone else here, I'm going to be spending all of next week compulsively refreshing the UPS page on my mobile browser and generally acting like a crack addict. However, intellectually I'm fairly certain I won't have my phone until the 20th or maybe even the 21st. God forbid, I'm slightly worried that the aforementioned "delays in shipping" may cause me to get my phone as late as the 22nd or 24th! It's a remote but distinct possibility given that on the T-Mobile app we've all seen that ominous message "Estimated to ship 04/20/2017 - 04/21/2017."

I genuinely hope none of our S8s get delayed and stuck in transit over the weekend of the 21st. Otherwise I suspect that several of us are going to get arrested for breaking in to various UPS distribution centers. :)

Reply of the day

#winner

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Pardon me if I missed it somewhere in the 1000+ posts. Has anyone called UPS to get info on their packages that are just loafing in a warehouse somewhere? If not then I'll be happy to. Thanks in advance.