T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Again for the 87th time, if you would like to discuss the timing of credit card charges please do it through PM. This discussion is about your S8 orders and the amazing hype around them! Please keep the discussion on topic. Thanks guys!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Finally this morning I got the email from T-Mobile that my order has shipped and it shows shipped on the website I'm going to check the myups again in a little bit

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Finally this morning I got the email from T-Mobile that my order has shipped and it shows shipped on the website I'm going to check the myups again in a little bit

Ship as in ups has it and it's moving or ship as in what everyone else is waiting on, ups to pick it up? I don't consider it shipped until it's on a ups truck and moving...

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just sitting waiting to actually be processed through hub. Should be status for the majority.

Attachments

• 3073.jpg
    3073.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 116

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I think like other people have said the main reason to pre-order is to make sure you get the memory option, color and model you want without having to be at the mercy of whatever is in stock at a physical location.

Also when you pre-order you get your device slightly early, don't have to leave your home, don't have to deal with lines (if there is one) and you get to relax instead of dealing with pushy store reps, parking issues at retail locations, computer systems going down, etc.

I will still pre-order whenever it comes to a device I want, I don't really care about getting it 7 days early or 1 day early because skipping the lines and getting exactly what I want is 100% better. I think pre-orders are far more important when it comes to iPhones because of massive shipping delays but all other manufacturers seem to have enough inventory for their launch day.
Well said.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ship as in ups has it and it's moving or ship as in what everyone else is waiting on, ups to pick it up? I don't consider it shipped until it's on a ups truck and moving...
Me either. I'm just glad I finally got the email from Tmobile. I got the myups tracking actually back on 4.14. It still shows ready for ups. Tmobile email and site is always behind. The tmpbile app has a "pink truck" icon next to my order and shows shipped. I believe they list it that way once a labels created

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just sitting waiting to actually be processed through hub. Should be status for the majority.
I can't see your pic it shows that square with the jagged line thru it. My ups doesn't show origin scanned yet.

Then again I had a phone a few months ago ship with FedEx overnight and it never went past label created, yet just showed up with the FedEx driver 2 days later lol. I sure hope that doesn't happen with ups-i don't think it will

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Will a signature be required when the phone is delivered?

Not by default. If you log into MyUPS you can find an option to authorize a release without signature. Not sure if it will actually let you go through with it though, I haven't tried! In fact I plan to just work from home on the delivery date so that I'm there to get it right away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170416-070752.jpg
    Screenshot_20170416-070752.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 59

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Got an email from my ups and got super excited for about 5 seconds...
0ee97cbcbbda7efe6d0a4f1206087e68.jpg

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't see your pic it shows that square with the jagged line thru it. My ups doesn't show origin scanned yet.

Then again I had a phone a few months ago ship with FedEx overnight and it never went past label created, yet just showed up with the FedEx driver 2 days later lol. I sure hope that doesn't happen with ups-i don't think it will

I'll try to attach again.

Attachments

• 3074.jpg
    3074.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 118

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly right. T-Mobile has technically shipped the devices to UPS, so your card has been charged. However, UPS isn't shipping them until the 19th, at the earliest. The shipment notification everyone's getting is simply because the shipping label has been created.
I would highly doubt they handle these twice. UPS would not warehouse inventory. T-mobile probably has their warehouse in KY and have been processing orders for several days now with the intention of shipping Sunday night.
I would imagine they have trailers loaded up just waiting for UPS to come pick them up.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty certain while most have been charged, said charge sits in the pending state and will not pass pending till physical movement of devices.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I would highly doubt they handle these twice. UPS would not warehouse inventory. T-mobile probably has their warehouse in KY and have been processing orders for several days now with the intention of shipping Sunday night.
I would imagine they have trailers loaded up just waiting for UPS to come pick them up.

I hope they do start moving tonight or early Monday morning because that SHOULD mean a Wednesday delivery for most people.

Also like a lot of other people UPS has my package progress as Order Processed: Ready for UPS since 4/13/2017 at 5:40PM so I'm expected some movement by Monday morning at the latest because that will be over 72 hours in that status...

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I hope they do start moving tonight or early Monday morning because that SHOULD mean a Wednesday delivery for most people.

I'm not going to begin estimating when movement will happen, but with the overnight shipping usually once it says in transit I usually get it technically that day. For example, If a preorder departed Louisville Tuesday morning between 1 and 3 AM I would receive it Tuesday afternoon.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to begin estimating when movement will happen, but with the overnight shipping usually once it says in transit I usually get it technically that day. For example, If a preorder departed Louisville Tuesday morning between 1 and 3 AM I would receive it Tuesday afternoon.

These have overnight shipping or did you pay extra for that because I thought it was UPS Next Day Air Saver?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Same here my and go from there to Cleveland it then to the delivery ports

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The text from T-mobile did say shipping would start on 4/18. I know they contradict everything they say. I would think the 19th will be the big delivery day, with some getting theirs on 4/18.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
These have overnight shipping or did you pay extra for that because I thought it was UPS Next Day Air Saver?
I set my order up through T-Force, and the rep said she was able to get me free overnight shipping. I kinda thought they were all free overnight, and she was just saying that to make herself sound better. Either way though, in the past that's always how it's worked for me for preorders. I've never paid extra for shipping. Leaves Louisville, lands in Atlanta, gets to my hub in plenty of time to get out for delivery the same day.