T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I am sure you will get it on our before launch. Just because the info isn't published doesn't mean it isn't moving.

This is true. It happened to me with the Note 7 and S7 edge. First there was nothing and then it went straight to "Out for Delivery".

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not happy. I posted previously, but here's a repost with updated data:

Unfortunately, that 'shipment notification' means jack, or a lot less than it used to, because I contacted T-Mobile via 611 and @TMobileHelp on Twitter, and they're giving me a canned schpiel about a bulletin explaining how the notifications mean they're still actually just preparing for shipment.

As a matter of fact, they're still adding the disclaimer that they are still holding to the original text notification that orders will start shipping out on the 19th or even the street date of the 21st, though others (such as myself) actually received a text notification that orders would ship out as early as the 18th.

Whether it's an email or a text makes no difference. Here's my timeline:

• 04/07/2017 21:20 T-Mobile: S8 Plus Order Placed
  • 04/07/2017 21:21 T-Mobile: 'Thanks for your order, we expect to ship between 04/20 and 4/21' Text Notification
  • 04/13/2017 15:08 T-Mobile: 'We're packing your order, we will start shipping on 4/18 prior to its release' Text Notification
  • 04/14/2017 05:04 UPS: Label Created (didn't get notified via My UPS Choice)
  • 04/14/2017 10:19 Bank: Credit Card Charged
  • 04/16/2017 23:10 T-Mobile: Shipped Email Notification
  • 04/17/2017 03:38 T-Mobile: Equipment Agreement Update Email Notification (IMEI included)
  • 04/17/2017 08:20 T-Mobile: 'Your order has been processed, tracking number, allow up to 48 hours to track' Shipped Text Notification
So, it's been 88 hours since the UPS label was created, of which it's been 22 hours since the notification via email, and 13 hours since that last notification via text, and there's still no update from UPS.

UPS' official word was 'I do see that there has been a label made for your package on 04/14/17. UPS has not yet received this package from the shipper.' So, despite what T-Mobile tells you, it's not shipped until UPS says it is.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not happy. I posted previously, but here's a repost with updated data:

Unfortunately, that 'shipment notification' means jack, or a lot less than it used to, because I contacted T-Mobile via 611 and @TMobileHelp on Twitter, and they're giving me a canned schpiel about a bulletin explaining how the notifications mean they're still actually just preparing for shipment.

As a matter of fact, they're still adding the disclaimer that they are still holding to the original text notification that orders will start shipping out on the 19th or even the street date of the 21st, though others (such as myself) actually received a text notification that orders would ship out as early as the 18th.

Whether it's an email or a text makes no difference. Here's my timeline:

• 04/07/2017 21:20 T-Mobile: S8 Plus Order Placed
  • 04/07/2017 21:21 T-Mobile: 'Thanks for your order, we expect to ship between 04/20 and 4/21' Text Notification
  • 04/13/2017 15:08 T-Mobile: 'We're packing your order, we will start shipping on 4/18 prior to its release' Text Notification
  • 04/14/2017 05:04 UPS: Label Created (didn't get notified via My UPS Choice)
  • 04/14/2017 10:19 Bank: Credit Card Charged
  • 04/16/2017 23:10 T-Mobile: Shipped Email Notification
  • 04/17/2017 03:38 T-Mobile: Equipment Agreement Update Email Notification (IMEI included)
  • 04/17/2017 08:20 T-Mobile: 'Your order has been processed, tracking number, allow up to 48 hours to track' Shipped Text Notification
So, it's been 88 hours since the UPS label was created, of which it's been 22 hours since the notification via email, and 13 hours since that last notification via text, and there's still no update from UPS.

UPS' official word was 'I do see that there has been a label made for your package on 04/14/17. UPS has not yet received this package from the shipper.' So, despite what T-Mobile tells you, it's not shipped until UPS says it is.

At least the ball is starting to roll unlike us Samsung.com people who most have no tracking data.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
While us who ordered from Samsung.com are now wondering if we even will get it this week now. I'm thinking I'll end up cancelling my order with them and order from Tmobile. Should have known better to order from samsung.com

Blues Fan I would wait to freak out till after the 20th. That's when Samsung said we'll get the phones. You're getting pissed off when technically they aren't supposed to ship out till tomorrow anyway.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Blues Fan I would wait to freak out till after the 20th. That's when Samsung said we'll get the phones. You're getting pissed off when technically they aren't supposed to ship out till tomorrow anyway.

I don't have a shipping label even right now. Status is still pre ordered. I just checked.

BeyondtheTech#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
At least the ball is starting to roll unlike us Samsung.com people who most have no tracking data.
Well, it's no secret now that the Gear VR and $99 Immersive Bundle registration page has gone live as of this morning, but if you ordered through Samsung, yours is probably guaranteed and included, but for the rest of us who are getting theirs over the next several days from their carriers, the 350K+50K countdown for remaining bundles has already started.

I personally would've preferred a guaranteed bundle and a slightly delayed order than a questionable ship time and even more questionable chance of a bundle.

I need that 256GB microSD card and I really want that Gear VR headset. I might have to try to sell or trade off my free Google Home that I got with my G6 if Samsung's supplies run out.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Placed my order on Saturday night, no charge at that point pending or otherwise. Tonight a charge posted on the card I used. Still says pending so I have no idea if its the initial one or the final one.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Well, it's no secret now that the Gear VR and $99 Immersive Bundle registration page has gone live as of this morning, but if you ordered through Samsung, yours is probably guaranteed and included, but for the rest of us who are getting theirs over the next several days from their carriers, the 350K+50K countdown for remaining bundles has already started.

I personally would've preferred a guaranteed bundle and a slightly delayed order than a questionable ship time and even more questionable chance of a bundle.

I need that 256GB microSD card and I really want that Gear VR headset. I might have to try to sell or trade off my free Google Home that I got with my G6 if Samsung's supplies run out.
I will be willing to trade with you

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site

I don't think they have run out of the bundles before (S7 and note 7). I don't think they will run out this time.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
While us who ordered from Samsung.com are now wondering if we even will get it this week now. I'm thinking I'll end up cancelling my order with them and order from Tmobile. Should have known better to order from samsung.com
You're heading down that slippery slope again.
Next thing you know, you'll have two S8's and will have some issue returning one of them and then a subsequent thread will be started to accompany the tale.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I finally got someone on the UPS live chat to call the distribution center. It took a while and then finally they came back and said I could come pick it up if I got there at 9pm. This was at 8:43pm. I'm slightly embarrassed at how I drove to get there, but I did and I got my S8+. There was a sticker on the box that looks like it was instructing UPS to deliver on the 19th. Thankfully the lady at the UPS Center didn't notice or didn't care and all my apps are downloading as I type this.

20170417_221653.jpg

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I finally got someone on the UPS live chat to call the distribution center. It took a while and then finally they came back and said I could come pick it up if I got there at 9pm. This was at 8:43pm. I'm slightly embarrassed at how I drove to get there, but I did and I got my S8+. There was a sticker on the box that looks like it was instructing UPS to deliver on the 19th. Thankfully the lady at the UPS Center didn't notice or didn't care and all my apps are downloading as I type this.

View attachment 256900

Glad you got it!!! It looks like Wednesday will be the day for most of us if yours was supposed to be rescheduled for the 19th.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
  • 04/18/2017 00:51 T-Mobile: 'Your T-Mobile order payment has been processed' Email Notification
Email shows the credit card transaction date was actually 04/16/2017, so I guess the 04/14 timestamp was the authorization. Not sure if there's anything left for T-Mobile to send to me, except the phone itself.