T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
When I got the UPS notification on Friday I assumed it would be shipped that day or Monday the latest.
Why would you assume it would ship out earlier than promised? I'm just curious of the logic here. There are things that need to happen before it gets into a truck and goes to your house. Like for one, a label has to be created. This should not give anyone false hope of anything. If T-Mobile said it would ship out on the 19th then I would not expect it any sooner based on current or previous experiences. We can all be hopeful however. No one should be disappointed. No one has any darn right to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why so many are surprised. The text that many received specifically stated shipping would start the 19th.

my text just thanked me for adding a line of service *which has been added to my account and is working sending me to a voicemail to setup my voicemail message* I didn't get a text with a shipped date. On T-Mobile site is shows shipped 04/13 5:35pm so I should have received mine 04/14 because it was overnight delivery but T-mobile is blocking the delivery. I called UPS and the rep almost told me it was on hold but stopped mid sentence and said I had to contact T-Mobile. ha

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I lost all hope of an early release when they didn't stop the embargo on reviews this past weekend or Monday. Seems like the reviews flood, then the shipments follow suite. And yes I am still stuck at Waiting on UPS. Sad that it says that because it should say Waiting on T Mobile or Waiting on Samsung....
@Storm24:

Hear! Hear!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered at the same time and I've been stuck since April 13 at 5:40pm.

I think with the rare exception of a hand full of people (where their order shipped already) we aren't supposed to have our orders shipped until tomorrow for delivery on Thursday.

Just because we ordered right at midnight, the day our card was charged, when we got the processing information from UPS, FedEx, etc doesn't matter because they were going to hold our package until a certain day anyway.

It would have been nice to get it a few days early but it looks like a Thursday delivery is when it will happen for the preorders...just like they told us :D

I know one thing...I'm not going to do this again when it comes to future preorders because it seems like Samsung is sticking to their delivery dates and checking the forums every few hours isn't as much fun now.
@Extremevl:

i agree that those of us who ordered THAT early on, i.e. right at midnight when the pre-orders began, ought to get some minor type of FAIR positioning on the queue.

i'm not saying that we ought to get ours a week or two before everyone else, but what about just merely "first come, first served"?

that seems fair.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm Storms24. I am a phone junkie. I love new cell phones. I love the rush of getting a new device and getting to explore all the new features. But I also love to look around the corner and see what is coming up. And yes... I love to pre-order. There is something about the excitement of tracking trucks, planes, and boxes that I enjoy. I have problem. I admit it. But I love it.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was always so jealous of those on T-Mobile getting their devices early, when I finally switched carriers I was like sweet I will get to enjoy an early release haha.

me too, I just switched in Feb, and this is my first pre-order. I remember when I pre-ordered the S7e on VZW seeing all the Tmo people getting their phones early and i was so jealous.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Why would you assume it would ship out earlier than promised? I'm just curious of the logic here. There are things that need to happen before it gets into a truck and goes to your house. Like for one, a label has to be created. This should not give anyone false hope of anything. If T-Mobile said it would ship out on the 19th then I would not expect it any sooner based on current or previous experiences. We can all be hopeful however. No one should be disappointed. No one has any darn right to be disappointed.

It was based off previous purchases where the item was delivered prior to the delivery date. In addition with most online purchases once the shipping label is created it's usually shipped that day or the following business day not 2-3 business days later

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine on Saturday afternoon. I got the shipping notice last night. Will be here tomorrow. I'm excited to get the 256GB memory card for my Nintendo Switch.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Why would you assume it would ship out earlier than promised? I'm just curious of the logic here. There are things that need to happen before it gets into a truck and go to your house. Like for one, a label has to be created. This should not give anyone false hope of anything. If T-Mobile said it would ship out on the 19th that I would not expect it any sooner based on current or previous experiences. We can all be hopeful however. No one should be disappointed. No one has any damn right to be disappointed.

Because they assumed that because the LG G6 was released early, Samsung will do the same for the S8. Well the truth is, LG is pretty desperate knowing Samsung was gonna announce the S8 so they decided to release it early to hopefully distract people from waiting on the S8.

People that assumed Samsung will follow the same pattern as the G6 and even the S7, they were the ones that got furious at Samsung and T-Mobile. Most of us wished it shipped out early but we all knew it was just wishful thinking.

It was based off previous purchases where the item was delivered prior to the delivery date. In addition with most online purchases once the shipping label is created it's usually shipped that day or the following business day not 2-3 business days later

Umm you haven't been paying attention have you? You should go back read about what happen during the Note 7 release. Samsung kept everyone from releasing it early. Most got their Note 7 one day before it went to the stores. They had to wait like almost a week before T-Mobile shipped it out after creating the label.

Last edited:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm Storms24. I am a phone junkie. I love new cell phones. I love the rush of getting a new device and getting to explore all the new features. But I also love to look around the corner and see what is coming up. And yes... I love to pre-order. There is something about the excitement of tracking trucks, planes, and boxes that I enjoy. I have problem. I admit it. But I love it.

Storms24 you sound like you need a support group... hahaha

Hi Storms24 welcome to the Android Central Phone Junkie Support Group!! :D

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Because they assumed that because the LG G6 was released early, Samsung will do the same for the S8. Well the truth is, LG is pretty desperate knowing Samsung was gonna announce the S8 so they decided to release it early to hopefully distract people from waiting on the S8.

People that assumed Samsung will follow the same pattern as the G6 and even the S7, they were the ones that got furious at Samsung and T-Mobile. Most of us wished it shipped out early but we all knew it was just wishful thinking.

Umm you haven't been paying attention have you? You should go back read about what happen during the Note 7 release. Samsung kept everyone from releasing it early. Most got their Note 7 one day before it went to the stores. They had to wait like almost a week before T-Mobile shipped it out after creating the label.

Wow that's crazy.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same boat here. 3 days of label being created. My Verizon friends now have tracking info where there is movement. All scheduled for tomorrow delivery

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: So.....Where's my S8 order?

Three days ago, I get the email telling me my order is "on the way". Please allow 48 hours for tracking info...yada, yada. Well, it's now three days and all UPS tracking says is a shipping label has been created...period.

Most of us here are in the same situation. I got the same email on the 13th and today...nothing.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: So.....Where's my S8 order?

Three days ago, I get the email telling me my order is "on the way". Please allow 48 hours for tracking info...yada, yada. Well, it's now three days and all UPS tracking says is a shipping label has been created...period.
That's fantastic! Sounds like you're all set to receive the device on the promised day! Nothing to discuss here.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Other than the few hundred or thousand units that slipped through Tmobiles fingers and was delivered early which I don't understand how that can happen because they are the ones controlling what ships and doesn't ship, I don't think anyone else will be seeing any updated on the tracking info until either later tonight or tomorrow the earliest. Tmobile really had a chance to surprise their customers, but failed.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm hopeful we will be seeing our devices tomorrow, at least those who have labels already generated. If they release these things for shipment on the 19th, I'd expect to see an origin scan shortly after midnight tonight and it will be here tomorrow. I've already sent in the request to have it held at the UPS hub for pickup. Fingers crossed.