T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I think mostly everyone will get it tomorrow ups probley still scanning. Most flights don't leave till over night. I think it's happening a lot of unboxing photos tomorrow

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine still sits at order processed. I'm hoping it starts moving tonight so I can get it tomorrow, but we'll see. Though TMobile did send me a email yesterday saying my payment was processed.

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
721f0910fd3a343012d1c2f7fa00a8a0.jpg

Looks like mine has left louisville

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Just as a consolation thought for the many of us who ordered early and yet have had our UPS status still at "Ready for UPS":

do you think that maybe, just maybe, TMobile have all of us "early birds" all bunched up in several very large bins or containers, and all of us will get scanned, en masse, later on this evening?

if that were to be so, then all of a sudden, many of us would receive our first "Kentucky Origin" scans and will have the phones come our ways tomorrow, just like all these other folks who have seen their own scans move forward today.

just thinking out loud and reaching for hope.

:(

Eldruin

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Just as a consolation thought for the many of us who ordered early and yet have had our UPS status still at "Ready for UPS":

do you think that maybe, just maybe, TMobile have all of us "early birds" all bunched up in several very large bins or containers, and all of us will get scanned, en masse, later on this evening?

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

if that were to be so, then all of a sudden, many of us would receive our first "Kentucky Origin" scans and will have the phones come our ways tomorrow, just like all these other folks who have seen their own scans move forward today.

Hoping for this as well 😢

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Here's kind of how the logistics works. This is based on my experience with another industry and mass shipping.

UPS drops off trailer at T-Mobile warehouse.

T-Mobile and/or UPS contract staff handle labeling and loading of packages into trailer. All labels are on a master manifest.

Once that trailer hits a UPS sorting facility the master manifest is scanned which triggers all labels to update tracking info. From there the individual boxes are sorted and handled appropriately.

Air packages go to Louisville and ground are local sorted and placed on trucks.

The trailers could be picked up anytime during day but they won't be unsealed and opened until sorting staff arrives at UPS facility. My guess is sorting should take place between 7-11pm to get packages to their next stop timely.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's kind of how the logistics works. This is based on my experience with another industry and mass shipping.

UPS drops off trailer at T-Mobile warehouse.

T-Mobile and/or UPS contract staff handle labeling and loading of packages into trailer. All labels are on a master manifest.

Once that trailer hits a UPS sorting facility the master manifest is scanned which triggers all labels to update tracking info. From there the individual boxes are sorted and handled appropriately.

Air packages go to Louisville and ground are local sorted and placed on trucks.

The trailers could be picked up anytime during day but they won't be unsealed and opened until sorting staff arrives at UPS facility. My guess is sorting should take place between 7-11pm to get packages to their next stop timely.

Thank you for your experience and clarification of this byzantine process to most of us!

One thing I can't figure out, if what you wrote were true:

why is it then that some folks who pre-ordered much later, i.e. just a couple of days ago, got their tracking page updated already, and most of us who were the early bird pre-order folks, do NOT have our tracking pages updated yet?

i'm asking because you said all of us would be one one Master Manifest.

just asking, because truly, i have no idea how these things work.

thanks.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your experience and clarification of this byzantine process to most of us!

One thing I can't figure out, if what you wrote were true:

why is it then that some folks who pre-ordered much later, i.e. just a couple of days ago, got their tracking page updated already, and most of us who were the early bird pre-order folks, do NOT have our tracking pages updated yet?

i'm asking because you said all of us would be one one Master Manifest.

just asking, because truly, i have no idea how these things work.

thanks.

Each trailer has a master manifest for the boxes inside that specific trailer.

I would be guessing as I am not in the T-Mobile warehouse.... One possibility is some S8 phones made it out the door with regular shipments (non S8 shipments). I'm sure there's other plausible possibilities such as phones headed to T-Mobile stores and a few customer phones accidentally made it into those trailers.