T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

markf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Got my S8 on Wednesday the 19th. Thanks T-Mo! As usual, when I go from one phone to another, the contact list is messed up. Spending more time than I should straightening it out.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Got an email from promotions about an hour ago, said my submission has been received and to allow 2 weeks for review. I submitted yesterday around 12:30pm on my computer and when i checked the status thru the app this morning the status already said it's being reviewed. I think their systems might be messed up right now so I wouldn't read too much into anything.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Got an email from promotions about an hour ago, said my submission has been received and to allow 2 weeks for review. I submitted yesterday around 12:30pm on my computer and when i checked the status thru the app this morning the status already said it's being reviewed. I think their systems might be messed up right now so I wouldn't read too much into anything.
Maybe they are waiting until after the 14 day return period the carriers have before approving and sending out units. I'm sure they lost quite a bit in memory cards and VR's with the Note 7.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Maybe they are waiting until after the 14 day return period the carriers have before approving and sending out units. I'm sure they lost quite a bit in memory cards and VR's with the Note 7.

Co-worker who submitted a few hours after me through the app got an email this afternoon with a link to purchase the $99 package. Seems like if you submitted through the app it's getting approved a lot quicker.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Think they might be swamped. They got two promos going on. Plus it's Samsung that's doing it not a 3rd party like it was for the S7 VR promo.

Hopefully it doesn't take the whole 2 weeks for yah.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
26557f2e8d37805a75c0d6c88632d1f5.jpg

Question: the JUMP trade-in shipping instructions says to use the bubble bag provided. Is this it? Doesn't seem secure enough to hold the phone in the box. First time having to do this.

Only thing came in the box was the S8+, this, the instructions, and the return sticker.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Think they might be swamped. They got two promos going on. Plus it's Samsung that's doing it not a 3rd party like it was for the S7 VR promo.

Hopefully it doesn't take the whole 2 weeks for yah.
Got my email from promos that I'll be getting the gear vr w/remote.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got the email to buy the $99 bundle around 1 AM and just purchased it. Woohoo! I'm one of the people who did their submission on 4/19 through the web and was having issues as well. Hopefully they will start approving everyone who pre-ordered. They really should regardless of how many bundles they have. And I think they will. I don't think Samsung wants another fiasco about promotions on its hands right now regardless of how many units they state they have.
I do think posting about it on these forums helps a lot.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Got the email to buy the $99 bundle around 1 AM and just purchased it. Woohoo! I'm one of the people who did their submission on 4/19 through the web and was having issues as well. Hopefully they will start approving everyone who pre-ordered. They really should regardless of how many bundles they have. And I think they will. I don't think Samsung wants another fiasco about promotions on its hands right now regardless of how many units they state they have.
I do think posting about it on these forums helps a lot.
I got an email overnight saying my free gear vr would be sent in about 6 weeks. Weird thing is it's a single email and I registered two phones. So I don't know if it applies to both or if its just for 1 of the submissions. Also, the shop Samsung app still says "pending review". This whole thing is a mess and was done pretty sloppily.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got an email overnight saying my free gear vr would be sent in about 6 weeks. Weird thing is it's a single email and I registered two phones. So I don't know if it applies to both or if its just for 1 of the submissions. Also, the shop Samsung app still says "pending review". This whole thing is a mess and was done pretty sloppily.
I believe it should be 2 emails....but if you have them both registered under the same account you might receive 1 email but 2 gears. I would call or email them if that were the case. I don't think they will be running out of Gear Vr anytime soon. It is a mess but will probably take time to correct. You would think they would've learned their lesson. They knew the amount of pre-orders as they were talking about how it surpassed the Note 7 and S7, so to me no excuses for this fiasco. You are Samsung for G's sake, if you and Apple can't get things right, who ever will?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith