T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have pre-ordered mine through the website. S8+ Black. They said the 130 downpayment won't hit my card until it is shipped. I hope they ship early.

Quick question. What is the time frame on returning the phone? I only ask because I may want the Unlocked Version if you can use that phone on any carrier and still be able to use WiFi calling. WiFi calling is important to me. And I just moved over from ATT with my ATT S7 Edge and I can't use WiFi calling on T Mobile because my phone is an ATT version. I would like a phone where if I want to move carriers, it is not crippled like this.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not positive but I believe it's 14 days. I know when I get my S8+ I have 14 days to turn in my S7 Edge or I get billed for the remainder of the balance so 14 days seem logical. I'd just phone T-Mobile though to verify, that way you know for a fact.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks. I hope that is enough time to find out what I need to know. If not I will just hang with T Mobile. I just like knowing I can up and leave if I want.

What are some guess on ship dates? I think we get them on the 19th...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have pre-ordered mine through the website. S8+ Black. They said the 130 downpayment won't hit my card until it is shipped. I hope they ship early.

Quick question. What is the time frame on returning the phone? I only ask because I may want the Unlocked Version if you can use that phone on any carrier and still be able to use WiFi calling. WiFi calling is important to me. And I just moved over from ATT with my ATT S7 Edge and I can't use WiFi calling on T Mobile because my phone is an ATT version. I would like a phone where if I want to move carriers, it is not crippled like this.

It might hit your card before that. When I ordered the Note 7, that friday, 6 days before I got the Note 7 they charged my debit card. I didn't get it until the following thur, one day before the official release day.

Wifi calling depends on carrier. The unlocked S7s worked with wifi calling with tmobile, but I don't think it did with verizon. If possible stick with a carrier brand. I was going to wait until May for the unlocked one from best buy but decided to spend the extra $25 and ordered a tmobile one from samsung. Didn't want to take a chance on wifi calling not working.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
If you order your device online you have a 20 day return (buyers remorse) window. If you order/purchase from T-mobile rep in a store, you get a 14 day (buyers remorse) return window.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not positive but I believe it's 14 days. I know when I get my S8+ I have 14 days to turn in my S7 Edge or I get billed for the remainder of the balance so 14 days seem logical. I'd just phone T-Mobile though to verify, that way you know for a fact.
I was also told 14 days to return my S7 Edge as I used a jod for my S8. Really wanted the s8plus but not with that down payment - I will use that money towards a Note 8

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Aarrgg, the looooooong wait!!! I think I have looked at every 8+ case on Amazon. Hahaha

the waiting is the hardest part.....

200.webp

Cathy Fleming

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
You might have to do a work around. I went from Verizon to Metro with my Moto Z and can't get the hot spot. So I downloaded an app to solve the problem. You might have to do that to get wifi calling capabilities.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully we get them a few days early, the wait is painful though lol

Doubtful. I think a day early or on release day like the Note 7. I will likely see it in person later next week when I have to go up to Sams. But then it will make me itch for it more!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Agree I don't think we will see the phone weeks early. They will probably ship on 19th and we will have on 20th a day early.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
How early did they start shipping the G6?
The G6 started shipping on T-Mobile 2 weeks early. But that's LG. Samsung has much more lean on the carriers, the Note 7 is the perfect example.

We will see though. Samsung.com advertises of you order thru them then you will get it the day before launch and before everyone else. I doubt that will be the case but I guess we'll see.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel like shipping early would encourage sales.

Like if I am on the fence, thinking I am going to wait until release day, and then I find out my buddy got his 2 weeks early, I would probably pull the trigger quicker

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang