04-10-2017 08:08 AM
62 123
tools
    For me Deal breaker is the black bar I saw on a lot of games. Resolution is not dynamic on most games for this special screen ratio.
    Why must I buy a phone without bezel and after that have black bars on all the game I will play on it?
    04-05-2017 07:51 AM
    Sadly the deal breaker for me was they left out the IR blaster!
    I so wanted to own the S8+ The IR blaster is a must for me.
    Looks like another year with my S6.
    Can you explain to me way a phone needs to also control your tv. Iv never understood this ir blaster thing people complain about
    04-05-2017 09:21 AM
    You would change to a totally different OS if the phone looks good? Sorry, I'll take the best functional Android phone any day and most of the time, it will look better than any iPhone.
    The FPS location is way overrated. I would only use it for Samsung Pay. I wonder how many people complaining about the location of the FPS actually use it now.
    I have been using the FPS since phones had them as a standard -- So I use it every day to unlock my phone every time unless I am at work with my BT headset on (trusted device) :P.
    04-05-2017 09:23 AM
    For me Deal breaker is the black bar I saw on a lot of games. Resolution is not dynamic on most games for this special screen ratio.
    Why must I buy a phone without bezel and after that have black bars on all the game I will play on it?
    I'm sure most apps and games will be updated soon enough to handle the different resolutions. Doesn't Android already scale based on screen size and resolution?
    04-05-2017 09:25 AM
    I guess the Curve Screen because I'm anal about protecting the display and it's one of the reason why I sold my S7 edge. I tried 2 protectors that ended up in the garbage.
    04-06-2017 11:35 AM
    I didn't have an issue with the fingerprint sensor when I used it this past weekend (although that's only the regular S8--can't say the same about the S8+). That said, I know most everyone would be happy if it was embedded in the display like they originally intended. The only thing that I was curious about was not moving to 6GB of RAM when the OnePlus 3(T) offers it on a far less expensive device. They're also going to release a version of the S8 internationally that has it. Would you really notice the difference at that point? No, but without having a lot of time with the new Samsung Experience UI, I don't know how heavy it really is/how they manage RAM on it. It would have been a welcome sight for a phone that will immediately have to contend with some battery concerns.
    04-06-2017 11:59 AM
    No Deal Breakers for me. Phone looks great, would be nice to have 128 gigs of memory though.
    04-07-2017 11:38 AM
    No Deal Breakers for me. Phone looks great, would be nice to have 128 gigs of memory though.
    64 gb is fine for me but i agree, 128 would be nice. I hope the Note 8 has 128 gb as an option.
    04-09-2017 10:43 PM
    The FPS location is the biggest deal breaker. Prefer the FPS like my Nexus 6P.
    04-09-2017 11:32 PM
    You would change to a totally different OS if the phone looks good? Sorry, I'll take the best functional Android phone any day and most of the time, it will look better than any iPhone.
    The FPS location is way overrated. I would only use it for Samsung Pay. I wonder how many people complaining about the location of the FPS actually use it now.
    I changed from IPhone 4 to Android after a couple of yrs with 4. Aesthetics is a big deal for me & after iPhone 4 they became bland, non symmetric (stupid camera hump to one side) and boring. I went to HTC M8 which looked awesome & had great speakers but then I saw S7 edge. After I picked up my jaw I bought one. Then Note 7 was awesome and was my first Note😣 hopefully Note 8 will be my second but if fps stays on the back then I'll stick with this s7edge. Yes, I use the fps all the time and yes, I use it when s7edge is lying flat on a table too so that's a deal breaker.
    04-10-2017 12:08 AM
    Can you explain to me way a phone needs to also control your tv. Iv never understood this ir blaster thing people complain about
    Neither have I......until my partner takes out her s5 and checks the tv epg on phone AND then changes channels on tv with it!
    04-10-2017 12:14 AM
    I'm a small handed female and didn't put the S7 down. I think I'll be alright with this. It actually feels a lot smaller in the hand than the S7 and there are lots of options to open the phone without using the finger print scanner. I currently don't even have a password on my phone as I forgot my password and it was a huge kerfuffle to try an remember all the passwords to prove my identity! Just swipe and go now lol! Can't wait to get this gorgeous thing in my little dainty hands.
    04-10-2017 08:08 AM
62 123