What should one buy S8 or S8+

RiaHannam

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
S8 for me. I pre-ordered it, then had second thoughts. My current phone is the S7 edge. I went to BB today to see in person and while the S8+ wasn't as gangly as anticipated, it IS rather tall. I feel I made the correct choice in the S8. Being that the + doesn't offer anything more than the S8, the taller size is not a huge gain for me. I found it to be a 'two-handed" phone, even for my 'man hands' ;-).

Neither is a better choice, just what works for you. You kind of know right away when you hold them in your hand what will work better for you.

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a good thing that the only difference is size (and battery, but that's a matter of space inside). It means that you can just choose whichever size you prefer without feeling that you are being short-changed in some way, like many other manufacturers do when they reserve some feature for the larger version.

(I'd choose the S8 BTW, because I find larger phones awkward).

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Go big or go home.

Except for the obvious, too bad the S8+ doesn't​ any advantages over the S8 like with Apple.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the individual user and their preferences! If someone like bigger screens and the Note series, the Plus will be better; or if they want more of the "Galaxy S" feel, they'll go with the S8.

I'd personally go with the 8 due to the fact that I love it and that it will be smaller for my small hands lool.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It also depends on your budget, whether you're buying it outright and your future phone plans.
For me, I would love to have the S8+ for keeps. However, I'm on T-mobile JOD and will be leasing. That being said, the 4/10" screen difference does not justify the extra $130 markup. For $5 more a month, I would get the S8+.
The Note8 is the phone I want for the long haul and will end up having to pay the down payment, if required.
Both S8's are the same exact phone, just different sizes. For my situation, renting the smaller S8 for 5-6 months will not kill me. I have plenty of other things to spend money on.
If you have the resources to upgrade to any phone at any time, definitely go with the S8+. Not huge in the least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon